Poor Vino has acne :-(

Old August 13th 03, 10:44 AM
badwilson

Default Poor Vino has acne :-(

Yesterday I was scritching Vino under his chin when I noticed a black dot.
Upon further investigation, I noticed a whole bunch of them. Some came off
with a bit of gentle fingernail scratching, but others didn't. Dennis was
summoned for assistance. We ended up squeezing one and a huge blackhead
with a 4-5mm root came out! Ick! Poor Vino wasn't happy, although he was
very well behaved. We are so proud of him. We squeezed out 2 more after
that. Then we cleaned up the area with some alcohol, which Vino didn't
appreciate either. This morning it looks like he has some scabs, but
otherwise well. I guess we are going to have to clean his chin with a wet
cloth now and again so this doesn't happen again. We don't even use plastic
bowls for food or water, only stainless steel. But I'm not surprised, in
this heat bacteria grows just about everywhere. I'm just happy at how well
Vino did, he wasn't traumatized at all and only minutes later he was in bed
with us, cuddling. Now we have a new nickname for him...zitface ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old August 13th 03, 11:00 AM
Alan Erskine

I went to your website and saw the pics of Vino. He has such a beautiful
face. I hope the zitcream works.

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Old August 13th 03, 11:05 AM

Speaking of cats and zits, I've noticed that I get small pimples around
the tip of my nose after Roxy and I have been rubbing noses a lot. Kind
of makes me wonder what kind of bacteria is getting onto my nose, and
maybe sometimes *in* my nose...

Joyce
Old August 13th 03, 12:53 PM
Stacey

We say that Mr. Bob is a perpetual teenager because he always has zits on
his chin!!!! No plastic bowls here, either.. and his are year round.
Careful.. pretty soon Vino will be asking to go to the mall all the time,
getting all moody, etc... just like a teenager!

Stacey

Old August 13th 03, 03:24 PM
badwilson

"lewe" wrote in message

poor Vino - he is very tough to suffer that without too much complaining!
It is very common for cats to have more or less "dirty" chins. Thea and

Bono
have a little, on and off, never so bad that anything had to be squeezed
though, or any inflammations or such. I do wash their chins with some
antiseptic, slightly astringent stuff - regularly if needed or just once

in
a while. When there is little or no immediate problem, I think brushing
helps too. You can get a cream from a vet if it's difficult to control

with
washing, if the chin should get really bad with an inflammation it

probably
needs to be cleaned by a vet and treated with antibiotics.
Purrs for Zitface ...

Thanks, Lena. Yes, I thought of cleaning his chin with an astringent
cleaner. I think I'll wait until his pores close back up and his chin heals
up a bit and then clean his chin regularly.

Old August 13th 03, 04:22 PM
Sherry

But I'm not surprised, in
this heat bacteria grows just about everywhere. I'm just happy at how well
Vino did, he wasn't traumatized at all and only minutes later he was in bed
with us, cuddling. Now we have a new nickname for him...zitface ;-)
--
Britta

Poor Vino! He *was* a good boy to let you work on him like that.

Sherry
Old August 13th 03, 04:26 PM
Sherry

Speaking of cats and zits, I've noticed that I get small pimples around
the tip of my nose after Roxy and I have been rubbing noses a lot. Kind
of makes me wonder what kind of bacteria is getting onto my nose, and
maybe sometimes *in* my nose...

Joyce

Ack, Joyce, I think about the same thing. Like I mentioned in a post yesterday,
Frank likes to kiss me. A Frank Kiss is when he smashes his nose under my nose
and around my mouth. Right now I have a blister on my tongue and am hoping it's
from eating too many garden tomatoes and NOT from some horrid bacteria where I
will eventually be forced to tell the doctor I kiss cats.

Sherry
Old August 13th 03, 04:40 PM
polonca12000

Poor Vino!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"badwilson" wrote in message
Yesterday I was scritching Vino under his chin when I noticed a black dot.

snip

Old August 13th 03, 04:44 PM
Lorna

Yesterday I was scritching Vino under his chin when I noticed a black dot.

Britta - one of my cats had this despite ceramic feeding dishes - my vet
advised washing Missy's chin with a mild soap or cleanser such as
"Cetaphil" - worked well for us.
I've always enjoyed your pictures of Vino - he's such a handsome, assured
fellow.........Lorna

Old August 13th 03, 07:05 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On 13 Aug 2003 04:44:13 -0500, "badwilson"
wrote:

[...]

Such a good kitty! Our Zitface cat, Trill, sends sympathy purrs to
Vino.

Ginger-lyn