Your Cat's Names

Old May 27th 04, 02:46 AM
Mischief

Well I've had several pets, so here are a few notable ones

My cats -

Imp - I was looking for a cool black cat name. My roommate already
had midnight, spooky, and a bunch of black cats with cool names. Imp
is a skittish cat, and he suddenly crouches into "run" mode whenever I
move. And cats are little devils, and a small devil is usually called
an Imp.
Mischief - Do I need to explain? After I got Imp, I decided that
if I ever got another cat, I would name it Mischief. A few months
later, she showed up.

My birds -

Patches(RB) - He was blue, white, and gray with a patch of white on
the back of his head.
Pandora - She was a bundle of trouble when I first got her. Always
knocking toys off the bars, and beating up Patches. And she's always
taunting the cats.
Tweety - He was all yellow when I got him as a young bird. Now there
are patches of green and gray on him.

Past pets -

The dog I grew up with was named Obi-Wan Kenobi, no joke. My dad got
him after Star Wars came out. He went to RB when I was 14.
Now my mom and dad are owned by Princess Leia and Princess Jaina. See
a theme here?

Princess Leia is a no brainer. But in case you haven't read what
happens after Return of the Jedi, Han Solo and Princess Leia marry and
have three kids; Jedi twins Jason and Jaina, and a third son Anakin.

I've had a hamster named Fuzzy, because that's what he was. I had a
large goldfish with a double fan tail that I dubbed Albert "Jaws"
Tummytime. Albert from Fat Albert, Tummytime because to a goldfish
its always that time, and Jaws as a reference as to what would happen
when my sister and I would put bugs in the fish tank. (the bug
becomes the unsuspecting swimmer..........) Let's see, Maia and Max
the guinea pigs, Gloomp the beta fish... I think that's it.
heheheheeehe

Take care,

Kristi

Old May 27th 04, 08:11 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Tue, 25 May 2004 15:39:11 -0600, m. L. Briggs
wrote:

snip

Ginger-lyn
(already told the story about how I named myself ;-) )

I must have missed that one. How about an encore? MLB

Short version: Didn't like my name growing up. But I did love
listening to radio, and was a big fan of some disc jockeys I listened
to. So Ginger came from Ginger Sutton, a dj on a Columbus progressive
station in the 70s, and Summer came from Dick Summer, fairly well-know
dj who was on WBZ in Boston in the 60s, and later went to a New York
station (forget which one). The "lyn" part came from a girl who lived
in Mississippi and came up every summer to Ohio to visit her grandma.
Lynn had the loveliest Southern accent, and the way she said "Lynn"
was just beautiful. So I put it all together, threw in a hyphen,
altered the Lynn to lyn, and voila! Here I am :-)

Ginger-lyn