Persia's Catnip Sock

Old July 16th 05, 11:51 AM
jmcquown

Default Persia's Catnip Sock

Every couple of weeks I refill Persia's "sock" with the good catnip (I keep
it stored in the freezer). Her "sock" has a velcro closure to make emptying
and refilling it simple. Catnip only makes her slightly crazy. She doesn't
normally get the zoomies but she rolls around with it and bunny kicks it
into submission. Then it's time for her to give it a good washing

Last night she did the bunny kick thing but I guess she was too tired to
wash the sock. Next thing I knew, she had wrapped her paws around it and
laid her head on it like a pillow and was sound asleep. She looked so
sweet! (Darnit why isn't my digital camera battery here yet?!)

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old July 16th 05, 03:48 PM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Every couple of weeks I refill Persia's "sock" with the good catnip (I

keep
it stored in the freezer). Her "sock" has a velcro closure to make

emptying
and refilling it simple. Catnip only makes her slightly crazy. She

doesn't
normally get the zoomies but she rolls around with it and bunny kicks it
into submission. Then it's time for her to give it a good washing

Last night she did the bunny kick thing but I guess she was too tired to
wash the sock. Next thing I knew, she had wrapped her paws around it and
laid her head on it like a pillow and was sound asleep. She looked so
sweet! (Darnit why isn't my digital camera battery here yet?!)

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Awwwww. The moments in life like that are the ones you need to burn into
the hard drive of you brain when a camera is unavailable. What the heck
type of battery does you camera take that needs to be ordered??? I go to
Walgreens to get mine.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 16th 05, 04:40 PM
jmcquown

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

It's an lithium rechargeable battery, about 2 inches long and rounded on one
side, flat on the other. My camera is a 4 year old Sony Mavica that takes
3.5 diskettes rather than memory sticks or whatever those things are. Best
Buy didn't have the battery in stock so I ordered one online.

Jill

Old July 16th 05, 05:27 PM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I think when you get a job you should get a new camera. Will keep
purring for you.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 16th 05, 06:55 PM
KaN

I do the same thing with socks! I partially fill them with dryer lint (the
soft fluffy kind from my blankets)...then add some catnip.

I never thought of storing catnip in the freezer. Does it stay fresher
longer this way? And do you freeze the store bought kind or is it the
fresh grown kind?

Old July 16th 05, 06:55 PM
KaN

Arggg...I just reread your message. This isn't a real sock, is it?

I really need another cup of coffee.....

Old July 16th 05, 08:34 PM
KaN

Of
course, you do end up with lumpy soggy socks lying around, but that just
adds to the appeal of your decor!

*lol* I agree...I have to, I have 7 of them lying around just now.

Old July 16th 05, 09:01 PM
Nan

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:40:17 +0000 (UTC), Cheryl Perkins
wrote:

KaN wrote:
Arggg...I just reread your message. This isn't a real sock, is it?

I really need another cup of coffee.....

But real socks work. When mine get holes, I've put nip in the toes (often
the heel goes first) tie a knot in the foot of the sock to hold the nip in
place and provide a good solid place to dig in the claws and teeth, and
voila, something that will provide months, if not years, of fun! Of
course, you do end up with lumpy soggy socks lying around, but that just
adds to the appeal of your decor!

I bought a package of baby socks (the teeny tiny ones) and filled them
with catnip and closed them with crochet thread wrapped around the
opening several times and then knotted.
Purrs and Hugs,

Nan
Old July 16th 05, 09:07 PM
jmcquown

"Adrian" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

LOL! But I *love* my Mavica! I don't have to connect anything to the PC -
just pop out the diskette and pop it into the a: drive and voila, instant
pictures!

Jill

Old July 16th 05, 09:08 PM
jmcquown

"KaN" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
Arggg...I just reread your message. This isn't a real sock, is it?

I really need another cup of coffee.....

Nope, not a real sock I bought the catnip at the store. I could grow my
own in pots on my patio, I suppose, but I'm a lazy gardener (and it might
attract other cats which would freak Persia out, she doesn't like other
cats).

Jill

Why does catnip/catmint affect cats? sarah Cat health & behaviour 14 April 12th 05 04:55 AM
Catnip. The good stuff this time. Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 34 December 9th 04 01:43 AM
Catnip again Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 18 October 24th 04 09:16 PM
Catnip styles Dan M Cat anecdotes 20 February 8th 04 04:21 PM
Catnip effect? Chakolate Cat health & behaviour 14 October 15th 03 06:12 PM