Can you find my sock?

Old July 25th 05, 07:35 PM
Joske

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
"Joske" wrote:
Charlie Wilkes wrote Can you find my sock?

This one?
http://members.home.nl/j.backer/tijd...-sock_jacb.gif
The cat dragged it in.
Joske :-)

Oh, that's cute! That is the sweetest thing. Are you married?

Let me reply to that this way: there must be a reason why I have no
need to act ugly, spiteful, trashy or sour in a cat newsgroup :-)

I'm probably way too old for you -- I'm 47. But I think I could
handle living in with you in Holland and I'll get on the next
plane if you want. I got no life to speak of. I will claim to
be a political refugee from the Cheney/Bush administration and
sign up for every free gov't handout under the sun. I've worked
enough in my life. I'm ready to kick back, smoke weed and let a
Dutch girl take care of my needs.

I'm afraid that however much I personally sympathize with your
plight, this country won't take you in for reasons like that. In
fact, we're in a bit of a conservative dip ourselves.

Joske

Old July 25th 05, 07:36 PM
Joske

Candace wrote:
whitershadeofpale wrote:

I thinks Joske is a male Charlie.
But you never know who's into lipsticks and stuff

Barry, you're just jealous she didn't make you a sock. I'm
pretty sure she's female.

I can't knit that fast! :-)

And you're right. Barry himself could know that too, but then, he's
no DaVinci ;-)

Joske

Old July 25th 05, 09:46 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:35:39 +0200, "Joske" wrote:

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
"Joske" wrote:
Charlie Wilkes wrote Can you find my sock?

This one?
http://members.home.nl/j.backer/tijd...-sock_jacb.gif
The cat dragged it in.
Joske :-)

Oh, that's cute! That is the sweetest thing. Are you married?

Let me reply to that this way: there must be a reason why I have no
need to act ugly, spiteful, trashy or sour in a cat newsgroup :-)

Well, that doesn't answer my question. It could be that you have no
need to act ugly in a newsgroup because you've got a hubby to kick
around. Or it could be that you are free as the wind, unfettered by
the placid confines of marriage.

I looked at the pictures of the kids flying over your city in a
balloon. I am up here in the Lynden WA area, and I can tell you the
old Dutch farmers up here are as bemused and stiff-jointed as the ones
outside your city, which is a beautiful city, BTW. I love that
greenbelt along the river and the way the blocks are laid out.

Lynden is a town where there is a lawn-mowing ordinance and other such
civic niceties. Somehow a bunch of Dutch people came over to the U.S.
and ended up on this tiny but lush coastal plain, and they are pulling
money out of the ground hand over fist, with beautiful fields of
berries, herds of dairy cattle, etc. etc. etc. They buy big pickups
and are always pressing on my goddamn bumper, always in a hurry to get
somewhere. They are industrious farmers. They love Pres. Bush.

I'm probably way too old for you -- I'm 47. But I think I could
handle living in with you in Holland and I'll get on the next
plane if you want. I got no life to speak of. I will claim to
be a political refugee from the Cheney/Bush administration and
sign up for every free gov't handout under the sun. I've worked
enough in my life. I'm ready to kick back, smoke weed and let a
Dutch girl take care of my needs.

I'm afraid that however much I personally sympathize with your
plight, this country won't take you in for reasons like that. In
fact, we're in a bit of a conservative dip ourselves.

In other words, you're rejecting my offer on behalf of your entire
country. Why does this always happen to me???

The sock picture is really cute though. I will keep it in my digital
scrapbook.

I love graphics, BTW. I have all these freeware tools, one-trick DOS
ponies, etc. I also have a Micrographix Picture Publisher 7a, which
came with a scanner, and Photoshop 4.0. The cornerstone of my
graphics workshop is NeoPaint 3.2a. It is right on my level.

I recently downloaded Pixia and it looks cool, but I haven't tackled
the cult-like documentation sites yet. What do you know about it?

I like to do quick-and-dirty web pages to express a concept or point
of view. Here is one I did that required me to rummage through my
software collection:

www.geocities.com/wilkes_charlie/agitprop.htm

After the elections in Lebanon and Rice's speech at in Egypt, I got to
thinking... what if these Texas oil men in the American White House
end up doing a good thing??? It's not the outcome I have been
expecting. The picture in the middle is a news photo of the wife of a
Syrian political prisoner voting in Lebanon. The bottom picture is
pro-FMLN Cuban propaganda from the 1980s, and the original cutline was
"If Jesus were alive today, he would be a guerilla."

Just rambling...

Charlie

Old July 25th 05, 10:37 PM
whitershadeofpale

Joske wrote:

I'm afraid that however much I personally sympathize with your
plight, this country won't take you in for reasons like that. In
fact, we're in a bit of a conservative dip ourselves.

Joske

I found a link on your site to C64 stuff. How Retro!
I checked it out, loved the synth sounds...it was kind of like a real
flash back from the early 80's.

Made me think of my first girlfriend, and that night in tree house
and...wooops! that's enough detail.

C64, how priceless. Nice looking cats! They look like cartoon cats.

Old July 25th 05, 10:46 PM
whitershadeofpale

whitershadeofpale wrote:
Joske wrote:

I'm afraid that however much I personally sympathize with your
plight, this country won't take you in for reasons like that. In
fact, we're in a bit of a conservative dip ourselves.

Joske

I found a link on your site to C64 stuff. How Retro!
I checked it out, loved the synth sounds...it was kind of like a real
flash back from the early 80's.

(i was just a child back then) woo hahaha

Old July 27th 05, 05:26 PM
Joske

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
"Joske" wrote:
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
"Joske" wrote:
Charlie Wilkes wrote Can you find my sock?

This one?
http://members.home.nl/j.backer/tijd...-sock_jacb.gif
The cat dragged it in.
Joske :-)

Oh, that's cute! That is the sweetest thing. Are you married?

Let me reply to that this way: there must be a reason why I have
no need to act ugly, spiteful, trashy or sour in a cat newsgroup
:-)

Well, that doesn't answer my question. It could be that you have
no need to act ugly in a newsgroup because you've got a hubby to
kick around. Or it could be that you are free as the wind,
unfettered by the placid confines of marriage.

But Charlie, those are all negative interpretations... I think you
should take a break from this group :-)

I looked at the pictures of the kids flying over your city in a
balloon.
I am up here in the Lynden WA area, and I can tell you
the old Dutch farmers up here are as bemused and stiff-jointed as
the ones outside your city, which is a beautiful city, BTW. I
love that greenbelt along the river and the way the blocks are
laid out.

I live smack in the city the balloon went over.

Lynden is a town where there is a lawn-mowing ordinance and other
such civic niceties. Somehow a bunch of Dutch people came over

Tell me this is not for real:

http://www.travel-images.com/view.shtml?usa122.jpg
http://klompendance.com/

Did you see that video of the Ice Dance??

to the U.S. and ended up on this tiny but lush coastal plain, and
they are pulling money out of the ground hand over fist, with
beautiful fields of berries, herds of dairy cattle, etc. etc.
etc. They buy big pickups and are always pressing on my goddamn
bumper, always in a hurry to get somewhere. They are industrious
farmers. They love Pres. Bush.

I feel deeply sorry for you... or should I just say I'm sorry on
behalf of those who stayed behind :-)

I'm lucky. This town harbours a university so the population is very
mixed and the culture varied.

I will claim to
be a political refugee from the Cheney/Bush administration and
sign up for every free gov't handout under the sun. I've worked
enough in my life.

I'm afraid that however much I personally sympathize with your
plight, this country won't take you in for reasons like that. In
fact, we're in a bit of a conservative dip ourselves.

In other words, you're rejecting my offer on behalf of your entire
country. Why does this always happen to me???

Look at it this way: you get to pollute the environment a lot more
than we are allowed to. You won't have to learn to ride a bike.
Won't have to act moronic over soccer or else. Won't go fat from
eating lots of local cheese and chocolate. And, coming back to the
first point: you won't have to worry about being below sea level.

The sock picture is really cute though. I will keep it in my
digital scrapbook.

Scrapbooking is for girls. I'm told.

I love graphics, BTW. I have all these freeware tools, one-trick
DOS ponies, etc. I also have a Micrographix Picture Publisher
7a, which came with a scanner, and Photoshop 4.0. The
cornerstone of my graphics workshop is NeoPaint 3.2a. It is
right on my level.

I recently downloaded Pixia and it looks cool, but I haven't
tackled the cult-like documentation sites yet. What do you know
about it?

I've seen Pixia on some site, but don't know it otherwise. I use
Paint Shop Pro for graphics and photo editing. NeoPaint, I'd have to
look that up. (looking it up) Aha.
http://www.neosoftware.com/npw.html#about Well that doesn't look too
bad. I think it all depends on what you need.

I like to do quick-and-dirty web pages to express a concept or
point of view. Here is one I did that required me to rummage
through my software collection:
www.geocities.com/wilkes_charlie/agitprop.htm

I see you're a DOS person. Long time I've seen DOS boxes other than
when I check my server when it seems down.

After the elections in Lebanon and Rice's speech at in Egypt, I
got to thinking... what if these Texas oil men in the American
White House end up doing a good thing???

Second term, always the time to do good things to be remembered for
them.

It's not the outcome I
have been expecting. The picture in the middle is a news photo
of the wife of a Syrian political prisoner voting in Lebanon.
The bottom picture is pro-FMLN Cuban propaganda from the 1980s,
and the original cutline was "If Jesus were alive today, he would
be a guerilla."

Just rambling...

Nothing wrong with that. I respect your views and ramblings.
Politics aren't my favorite subject on Usenet though. It's hard to
forget the 'for us or against us' wars that broke out all over it
after 911.

Joske

Old July 27th 05, 08:59 PM
Joske

whitershadeofpale wrote:
Joske wrote:

I found a link on your site to C64 stuff. How Retro!
I checked it out, loved the synth sounds...it was kind of like a
real flash back from the early 80's.

Made me think of my first girlfriend, and that night in tree house
and...wooops! that's enough detail.

C64, how priceless. Nice looking cats! They look like cartoon
cats.

So, you never saw the Vic20 :-) Computers were easy then, and every
program we could lay our hands on was profoundly interesting. Yeah,
I love those old sounds too... there are sites archiving them all,
did you know.

You're in luck. My cats are not offended at being called cartoon
cats. I call my Devons gremlins and my half-Cornish horsebutt
(Cornishes are known for their weighty posteriors).

Joske

Old July 28th 05, 09:46 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:26:18 +0200, "Joske" wrote:

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
"Joske" wrote:
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
"Joske" wrote:
Charlie Wilkes wrote Can you find my sock?

This one?
http://members.home.nl/j.backer/tijd...-sock_jacb.gif
The cat dragged it in.
Joske :-)

Oh, that's cute! That is the sweetest thing. Are you married?

Let me reply to that this way: there must be a reason why I have
no need to act ugly, spiteful, trashy or sour in a cat newsgroup
:-)

Well, that doesn't answer my question. It could be that you have
no need to act ugly in a newsgroup because you've got a hubby to
kick around. Or it could be that you are free as the wind,
unfettered by the placid confines of marriage.

But Charlie, those are all negative interpretations... I think you
should take a break from this group :-)

Ok, you are blissfully settled in with your soul-mate, or you are
happily pursuing life as a single woman. Far be it from me to pry.

Lynden is a town where there is a lawn-mowing ordinance and other
such civic niceties. Somehow a bunch of Dutch people came over

Tell me this is not for real:

http://www.travel-images.com/view.shtml?usa122.jpg
http://klompendance.com/

I'm telling you sugar, these Dutch people are AMERICANS now. They are
a red-blooded, meat-and-potatoes, flag-waving crowd. They believe in
the American way -- free enterprise -- and they have turned their
Dutch heritage into a consumer product.

The sock picture is really cute though. I will keep it in my
digital scrapbook.

Scrapbooking is for girls. I'm told.

Archiving is a better word. It's manly to archive data.

I've seen Pixia on some site, but don't know it otherwise. I use
Paint Shop Pro for graphics and photo editing. NeoPaint, I'd have to
look that up. (looking it up) Aha.
http://www.neosoftware.com/npw.html#about Well that doesn't look too
bad. I think it all depends on what you need.

It offers nothing of interest to the professional. But it is an
all-time great program for general users. A five-year-old can use it,
and adults with no training can use it to do a lot of graphics
manipulation. It runs on a 286, it runs under DOS with any memory
configuration, and it runs under all flavors of Windows through 98se.

I like to do quick-and-dirty web pages to express a concept or
point of view. Here is one I did that required me to rummage
through my software collection:
www.geocities.com/wilkes_charlie/agitprop.htm

I see you're a DOS person. Long time I've seen DOS boxes other than
when I check my server when it seems down.

DOS lends itself to tinkering. It is fun to tag along on the FreeDOS
project.

You seem to have some interest in old computers as well.

Charlie

Persia's Catnip Sock jmcquown Cat anecdotes 26 July 21st 05 07:06 PM
'We will find out who microwaved the cat' Andrew Cat health & behaviour 0 May 23rd 05 06:46 PM
Li'l pink sock Marina Cat anecdotes 22 December 22nd 04 07:20 PM
Pets find that pestering pays off (article) [email protected] Cat anecdotes 8 February 14th 04 01:33 AM
Meow-lingual (can't find it yet...) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 December 25th 03 10:02 PM