Twee Cheerz fur Unka Dan!

Old February 27th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_3_]

Default Twee Cheerz fur Unka Dan!

Meow kitties,

I hafta write dis cawze Unka Dan is a kinda humble hooman and woodn't
pat hizownself on da bak, so I'll do it for him.

Y'kno a few weeks ago I had menshuned dat he was goink to collect da
ORIENT EGGSPRESS adventure and post it fur efurrykitty to reed. Well,
he haz owtdone hizownself, and deserfs owr hearty appawz fur hiz wurk.

He duzzent kno dat I'ze tellink efurrykitty whut he told me, but I
finks dat he deserfs twee cheerz. Here's whut hez dun in hiz own
wurdz:

"I finally determined a couple of weeks ago that the idea of grabbing
pages from Google Groups and parsing them was not practical. The
basics work well enough, but with the bizarre ways they embed stuff in
their pages it was just not reasonable to be able to accurately detect
and remove all the Google-inserted crap. Looking at the duplicated
messages and bizarre quoted text errors, I could easily spend a couple
months writing special case handlers to account for the various ways
Google has of screwing things up.

Instead I signed up for accounts with Giganews and Supernews. They
both claim close to 4 years retention for text-only groups. I now have
all Usenet messages posted to RPCC since June 21, 2003 saved on my
hard drive. I've got them all loaded into a database, and am about to
finish the tool that will allow me to select messages that belong to
the thread (automatically selecting all messages that are replies to
the original message, as well as allowing me to review all messages
and manually select any that the script misses). It will then be a
simple matter to spit them out to an HTML page.

The following still need to be done:
* Finish the script that will allow review and selection of messages
to include (2 days)
* Review all messages for the appropriate time period (2 or 3 days)
* Write a script to convert special characters to HTML entities (half
a day) and to strip out quoted messages deeper than one level (another
half day)
* Process the selected messages into HTML output (a day)"

Wow, Unka Dan, you iz sumfin' else! Fangu! Fangu! Fangu!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

2/26/2008 8:39:00 PM
Old February 27th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

we iz all apawizin kuz we thinkz it meanz we getsa readit, efin none of uses
knowz zatli what alla dati iz, Trudi
Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote in message
[...]

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by

Old February 27th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Fangu from diz houze. We kant wait to read diz venture. Da gramby shakez
herown head kauze people iz smart enuf to do dese fings. Fangu one morez
timez. Piglet gathering the snacks for whe they all sit down to read this.

Old February 27th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

Appawz furr Unka Dan!
No e-z tazk!
An uh twee mouse saloot!
X:3QQ~~~~~~~~~~~
X:3QQ~~~~~~~~~~~
X:3QQ~~~~~~~~~~~

Pit2nya, an Meowmee Sylvia tuu

Old February 27th 08, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 20:44, Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:

Meow kitties,

I hafta write dis cawze Unka Dan is a kinda humble hooman and woodn't
pat hizownself on da bak, so I'll do it for him.

The following still need to be done:
* Finish the script that will allow review and selection of messages
to include (2 days)
* Review all messages for the appropriate time period (2 or 3 days)
* Write a script to convert special characters to HTML entities (half
a day) and to strip out quoted messages deeper than one level (another
half day)
* Process the selected messages into HTML output (a day)"

Wow, Unka Dan, you iz sumfin' else! Fangu! Fangu! Fangu!

Nice scripting Unca Dan. You are a talented hooman.

--
Regards,
Fred
Old February 27th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^= Mosey =^..^= is offline
Banned

Me liked what Unkl Fred sayed
Mosey

"Fred Williams"

unka Dan Stormmee Cat community 2 April 11th 07 10:22 AM
Concatulationz Unka Dan! Mme. Anaïs ^..^ Cat community 12 March 12th 07 11:55 AM
unka serg Stormmee Cat community 2 February 8th 07 03:05 PM
Unka Dan! Mme. Anaïs ^..^ Cat community 1 February 24th 06 12:52 AM
Purrs fur Unka Dan Mme. Anaïs ^..^ Cat community 14 June 14th 05 04:36 PM