Testing blood sugar

Old May 22nd 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

Default Testing blood sugar

We have an elderly diabetic cat and it's been a real chore testing his
blood sugar. It often takes 4-5 sticks to his ear to get a drop of
blood. I recenly stumbled on a technique that works every time.

While my wife holds him still, I insert my thumb in his ear such that
the ear is backed by the thumbnail. I then press the lancet pen
against the ear so the ear is held solidly in place against the nail.
I've gotten blood first time every time.

Sugar and TV Karen Cat anecdotes 4 April 10th 06 04:25 AM
Sugar in hospital Irulan Cat anecdotes 39 January 17th 06 06:08 AM
testing ahem...testing one two tcht tcht...i think it on. John Doe Cat health & behaviour 3 December 18th 05 02:01 AM
Sugar needs purrs Karen Cat anecdotes 27 September 26th 05 03:24 AM
Sugar at Play Karen Cat anecdotes 7 April 3rd 05 09:17 PM