Almost lost Kami, but she's tough!!!

Old April 11th 05, 11:53 PM
MaryL

Default Almost lost Kami, but she's tough!!!

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
news:1113258152.d15012429859b1276213b1e8f855e673@t eranews...
Way back when Kami was diagnosed with CRF, her vet said not to get to
upset about it because it's manageable, and he said her heart or
asthma would likely get her first. What a charmer! He does tell it
like he sees it, though, and I appreciated that.

Kami hadn't had any signs of asthma since we moved away, but she had
been having little tiny coughing episodes since we've been back.
After it's over she just continues what she was doing. She's never
had to take medication for it.

Anyway, it was really super dry and windy here Saturday, and it was
one episodes after another and I could see she was getting really
worn out by it and the effort to exhale was getting ore and more. I
took her to the emergency room Saturday night just in time for a
full-on heavy duty asthma attack.

snip
--
Brandy Alexandre®
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx

Did you ever ask your vet if a humidifier would help? If not, please do so.
That helps me a lot when I develop a dry cough (not asthma, though) in the
winter -- it's a sure sign that the room is getting too dry.

MaryL

Old April 12th 05, 12:40 AM
Cheryl

On Mon 11 Apr 2005 06:22:29p, Brandy*Alexandre wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:1113258152.d15012429859b1276213b1e8f855e673@ teranews):

Anyway, it was really super dry and windy here Saturday, and it
was one episodes after another and I could see she was getting
really worn out by it and the effort to exhale was getting ore
and more. I took her to the emergency room Saturday night just
in time for a full-on heavy duty asthma attack. She got hit
with a shot of Brethine and it opened her up right away. Whew!
They let her rest a bit and then they wanted to take x-rays and
get some blood to check her kidney levels. Kami decided that
wasn't going to happen. I could hear them fighting with her
from the other room--banging growling hissing. LOL! Good lungs
there. She felt better and slipped from sweet Jekyl kitty into
100% Mr. Hyde. They had to shoot her with Torbugesic. After
checking the x-rays, she got a small shot of DEX SP (steroid)
and we were given pills of both drugs and $430 later sent on our
way.

[...]

I'm glad you got her there quickly and she's on the mend. What a
pistol she is!

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Tough Call Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 16 October 6th 04 01:38 PM
Well I might as well Gracecat Cat anecdotes 69 June 5th 04 06:06 PM
Lost Chance Larry Osborne Cat anecdotes 18 May 12th 04 01:34 AM
Another lost cat purr request Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 12 August 31st 03 07:09 AM
Tough Decisions Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 16 August 25th 03 09:49 PM