Another danger to outside cats.

Old June 16th 11, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.UseNet
John Doe

Default Another danger to outside cats.

Since you admittedly have been warned about the dangers of keeping
cats outside... If you want forgiveness, stop trolling here and
see a priest or something.

From: "Bill Graham" weg9 comcast.net
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Another danger to outside cats.
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:19:11 -0700

I am normally an "Outside cat" person, and my five cats are all
outside/inside cats. (they have two cat doors through which they can get
outside the house) I have gone around and around with inside catters several
times now, and I don't want to renew that discussion. However, recently one
of my cats uncovered another danger that I feel it is instructive to
address. He got into some lawn fertilizer and/or weed chemicals that
poisoned him rather badly. Apparently, cats, being fastidious groomers are
prone to poisoning themselves by licking their feet and/or fur after getting
into anything distasteful. This cat damaged his liver by licking some
unknown quantity of lawn chemicals off of himself. I felt that I should warn
others of this possibility.

Whales in danger Pat Cat anecdotes 12 June 17th 06 02:22 PM
Harvey isn't in danger Lots42 The Library Avenger Cat anecdotes 20 September 4th 04 06:13 PM
Are these kittens in danger? Doug Bashford Cat health & behaviour 12 July 20th 03 12:58 AM