Introduction #1 (long)

Old June 16th 05, 06:41 AM
Mischief

Default Introduction #1 (long)

Well, even though at this point I do NOT want to keep this stray kitty,
(yeah yeah yeah I hear you snickering) one thing I will have to do
eventually is introduce Kitty to Imp and Mischief. I thought I would
try a little tonight.

This proved to be interesting.

When I first owned Imp and brought in Mischief, I just brought her in
and set her down. She immediately hissed at Imp and starting asserting
her dominance. Imp, was quite surprised that this stranger could come
into HIS domain and take over, hissed back. For a while or so
afterwards she asserted herself as top cat but there was no all out
fighting. I remember Imp would just be walking around and Mischief
would be sitting there and suddenly take swing at him for no reason.
Sheesh!

So I wanted this one to be slow. Kitty seems to be healthy, so I don't
think she's carrying anything. But I wasn't about to have them
touching noses.

First I brought her out and sat with her in my lap.

Mischief was across the room and her eye grew WIDE and her ears perked
up. As I sat there watching TV with Kitty in my lap, she just stared.
I knew what she was thinking.....

"You TRAITOR!!! How DARE you bring that THING in here?! How DARE you
hold her in your lap and CUDDLE her??!!"

Then I turned off the TV and placed Kitty in the middle of the floor.
Kitty looked around and at Mischief, who just stared back. Kitty was
shy and didn't show any signs of going anywhere. I just sat with her
quietly and then I heard a very soft, low growl.....

"Mischief.....be nice to our guest..."

Then I noticed Imp had slinked out into the living room and was sitting
there nose outstretched. I put Kitty a little closer to Imp and Imp
looked like he was going to bolt, but they both stretched and sniffed
each other but didn't even come close to touching noses.

"See? She's a nice kitty. Mischief, you see how nice Imp is being?"

Kitty then grew tired to sniffing Imp and came back to snuggle by me
for safety.

Then I brought Kitty over to Mischief. They sniffed each other......

Mischief hissed first and Kitty hissed right back. Mischief jumped to
the side with her back arched and her tailed poofed. Kitty hissed
again, but since I was right there I scruffed her and picked her up.
That was enough.

Kitty is back in the bathroom, and Mischief and Imp are hiding under my
roommate's bed. Probably trying to figure out who and what this
intruder is and what has gotten into their mean meowmie who brought
this THING into their domain.

*sigh* yep, I can tell they are not happy with me.

Imp and Kitty I forsee being scared of each other, but eventualy
getting along. Kitty and Mischief have both been out on the street so
they do NOT like to be pushed around. I don't think Kitty intends on
challenging Mischief for being Ultimate Queen, but I know she's not
going to take any bullying.

And since I'm not supposed to have them, a cat fight is the LAST thing
I need.

I know that if I bring Kitty out, the first thing she will do is hide
under my bed. The problem is, that normally is Imp's hiding spot. I
can just see her running under the bed to take refuge from Mischief,
only to find Imp right behind her.

Am I going on the right track? Any suggestions? Every meeting I plan
to supervise until further notice.

Kristi

Old June 18th 05, 05:31 AM
Marina

Mischief wrote:

Am I going on the right track? Any suggestions? Every meeting I plan
to supervise until further notice.

I'd say that went pretty well for a first meeting. Sounds about similar
to when I brought Miranda home. Nikki immediately started hissing and
growling, which upset Miranda, so that she in turn hissed at Frank when
he came to investigate. As it turned out, Nikki and Miranda soon became
comfortable with each other (not friends, but not constantly hissing and
growling, either), while Frank isn't quite comfortable with Mir-mir even
now. Nikki was a good buffer between the two.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.

T&H Update - Long LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 15th 04 09:52 AM
We're back from Purrth (long) badwilson Cat anecdotes 24 July 20th 04 04:09 PM
About Bandit - long CatNipped Cat anecdotes 42 July 18th 04 07:34 AM
I attempt to make a cat tree...LONG Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 14 April 16th 04 02:32 AM
Gem the Gray Kitten (long) Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 21 August 25th 03 01:02 AM