This newsgroup is about CATS!

Old April 22nd 14, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default This newsgroup is about CATS!

jmcquown wrote:

On 4/16/2014 2:26 PM, Matt Ferrari wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

Jill (and sweet cat Persia)

wait a minute? persia has a killfile too?

Sure she does. She regularly killfiles her toy mousies and the catnip
socks.

I wonder if robert is a troll with the last name CATT??

I've seen the name before but not in long while. Suddenly pops up again
talking about all the spam. What?

i dont see much spam i guess if its here i killed it off
(with goofy)

LOL

Robert Catt posts about Mooch, his porch feral. He may not post very
often these days, but he's a regular.

--
Joyce

- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
- MY SWEET LITTLE BABY GIRL!! sorry honey!
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old April 23rd 14, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 4/16/2014 7:26 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/16/2014 10:20 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Robert Catt wrote:
Almost half the posts in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes are spam written by
people with no interest in cats. But that's what happens in an
unmoderated group - the idiots take over.

I still prefer my newsgroups unmoderated. It's easy enough to skip over
the morons (kill-filing only works when they don't keep changing names
on you) and I don't want someone else deciding what I should and should
not read.

Hear hear!

Nymshifting is easy enough to deal with. It's easy enough to recognize
spammers. Trolls frequently cross-post to very unrelated groups.
Killfile them all. It's pretty simple and virtually painless.

Jill

It was simple for me with Outlook Express. However, now that I have
Thunderbird, it's complicated, and I can't remember how to do it. I
know I have to open the file, which in itself irks me. I liked being
able to killfile without opening a post.

Joy
Old April 23rd 14, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Robert Catt wrote:
[...]

Actually, you don't have to open the offensive post. (My mistake, I
gave you misinformation.) Just highlight the message, you don't have to
open it, just select it. Click Message, Create Filter from message and
select the action as delete.

Jill

Old April 24th 14, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Robert Catt wrote:
[...]

I just checked. I don't see a Message heading. I see Open Message in
New Tab, Open Message in New Window, Copy Message Location and Delete
Message. None of those appear to be the right choice. I don't see the
word Filter on the first menu at all. :-(

Joy
Old April 24th 14, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/23/2014 7:05 PM, Joy wrote:
On 4/23/2014 10:43 AM, jmcquown wrote:

Actually, you don't have to open the offensive post. (My mistake, I
gave you misinformation.) Just highlight the message, you don't have to
open it, just select it. Click Message, Create Filter from message and
select the action as delete.

Jill

I just checked. I don't see a Message heading. I see Open Message in
New Tab, Open Message in New Window, Copy Message Location and Delete
Message. None of those appear to be the right choice. I don't see the
word Filter on the first menu at all. :-(

Joy

Hmmmm. It's across the top of the screen. In my version of Thunderbird
(16.0.2) I see:

File Edit View Go Message Help

Click Message. You'll get a drop-down menu. Scroll down to the
selection Create Filter from Message. (You should already have the
offensive message/poster highlighted.) Then you choose the Action - the
first one is Delete Messages. Heck yes! You'll be asked if you want to
run the filters right then. Why not? Choose the newsgroup, click Run.
Gone! Unless they nymshift or people reply to them, you'll never see
them again. Hopefully this was helpful.

Jill
Old April 24th 14, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 4/23/2014 5:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/23/2014 7:05 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

Ah! I was right clicking on the message and looking at that drop-down
menu. Thank you so much!

Joy
Old April 24th 14, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/24/2014 1:10 AM, Joy wrote in reply to jmcquown:
Hmmmm. It's across the top of the screen. In my version of Thunderbird
(16.0.2) I see:

File Edit View Go Message Help

Click Message. You'll get a drop-down menu. Scroll down to the
selection Create Filter from Message. (You should already have the
offensive message/poster highlighted.) Then you choose the Action - the
first one is Delete Messages. Heck yes! You'll be asked if you want to
run the filters right then. Why not? Choose the newsgroup, click Run.
Gone! Unless they nymshift or people reply to them, you'll never see
them again. Hopefully this was helpful.

Jill

Ah! I was right clicking on the message and looking at that drop-down
menu. Thank you so much!

Joy

Glad I could help!

Funny how Bob Catts, who started this thread, up and disappeared again.
Oh well, I don't see the posts he was complaining about. Now you
won't, either. :-D

Jill
Old April 24th 14, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 4/24/2014 7:39 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Right. ;-)

Actually, I haven't seen many of those here, but there's another
newsgroup where this knowledge will come in very handy.

Joy
Old April 25th 14, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

Funny how Bob Catts, who started this thread, up and disappeared again.
Oh well, I don't see the posts he was complaining about. Now you
won't, either. :-D
Jill

I'm still here, Jill. I find that it's best that if I don't have anything to
say, I don't say it. This is an old thread, and there's nothing more to add
to it. BTW it's Catt, not Catts.