Dinner party dilemma (not OT)

Old April 7th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Dinner party dilemma (not OT)

Why don't you place Otis (*temporarily*) in a bedroom -- just until you
move to the dining room and don't have to worry about "feline
exploration"?

I may try that if he seems sleepy. I worry about his destructive tendencies
otherwise - like he might pee in the bedroom or throw himself at the door.

This seems so funny to write after hanging out with him this morning in his
totally docile sleepy phase. He kept asking to go under the covers,
snuggling up, purring, and putting his front paw on my face. What a sweetie
(sometimes)!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old April 7th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Susan M" wrote in message

Thank you!!!!! That's *exactly* what we'll do. I hadn't thought of that.
It will hardly take a minute if I stack everything on the side table, whip
on the table cloth and then serve. Thanks!

While these people are unbelievably empathetic and interesting and

wonderful
conversationalists, I admit that I'm a little intimidated by the company
that *they* keep. He's president of a big oil company and she's a
physician. I expect that they're entertained very well on a regular

basis.
The prospect of the messy dining room table just pushed me over the edge!

... and then I went a planned a totally vegetarian meal again. I hope

that
it is okay. I have made appetizers of smoky black bean dip with pumpkin
seeds, guacamole, ****take tofu pot stickers with ginger sesame dressing,
roasted yam and garlic soup with lime and ancho chiles, black bean goat
cheese quesadilla with homemade salsa, and a side salad with basil
vinaigrette. Not your standard fare and I hope they like lime, cilantro,
spice and sesame, since there's an awful lot of it.

I'm kind of nervous.

I'd love to hear how it goes. Just remember, oddly enough, people seem to be
just as intimidated by people who can play instruments. It doesn't even seem
to matter if you aren't a top player (like I know you are). If they don't
play they are just kind of awe struck that you can do something which is, to
them, so incomprehensible. I've discovered this over and over. Besides,
maybe they just like being with fun people (which I hear tell is not what
many of the folk in "upper eschelon big business" are a lot of the time -
and dinners are often more about business that socializing. So this may
really be a big deal for them because they are going to just be having a
"couples date"!)

Old April 7th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Susan M" wrote in message

[...]

My mouth is watering from just reading your menu. I am sure it will
be a great dinner party. Let us know how it goes.

Winnie

I'm kind of nervous.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old April 7th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Susan M wrote:
... and then I went a planned a totally vegetarian meal again. I hope that

One of my favorite restaurants in Austin is vegetarian, south Indian
food I think. Hmmm.... fried cauliflower....

it is okay. I have made appetizers of smoky black bean dip with pumpkin
seeds, guacamole, ****take tofu pot stickers with ginger sesame dressing,
roasted yam and garlic soup with lime and ancho chiles, black bean goat
cheese quesadilla with homemade salsa, and a side salad with basil
vinaigrette. Not your standard fare and I hope they like lime, cilantro,

It sounds amazing!!! Recipes?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 7th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Susan M wrote:
snip
While these people are unbelievably empathetic and interesting and wonderful
conversationalists, I admit that I'm a little intimidated by the company
that *they* keep. He's president of a big oil company and she's a
physician. I expect that they're entertained very well on a regular basis.

snip
Susan M
Otis and Chester

The couple may have met a lot of very important people, but they sure
never met such special kitties as Otis and Chester. I think the dinner
will go just great.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 7th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-07, Susan M penned:

While these people are unbelievably empathetic and interesting and
wonderful conversationalists, I admit that I'm a little intimidated
by the company that *they* keep. He's president of a big oil
company and she's a physician. I expect that they're entertained
very well on a regular basis. The prospect of the messy dining room
table just pushed me over the edge!

Certainly understandable, but I wouldn't assume that just because they
have high-profile jobs, they have particularly demanding expectations.

... and then I went a planned a totally vegetarian meal again. I
hope that it is okay. I have made appetizers of smoky black bean
dip with pumpkin seeds, guacamole, ****take tofu pot stickers with
ginger sesame dressing, roasted yam and garlic soup with lime and
ancho chiles, black bean goat cheese quesadilla with homemade salsa,
and a side salad with basil vinaigrette. Not your standard fare and
I hope they like lime, cilantro, spice and sesame, since there's an
awful lot of it.

It sounds wonderful! If they don't like it, feel free to airmail it
to my house!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 8th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Susan M wrote:

... and then I went a planned a totally vegetarian meal again. I hope that
it is okay. I have made appetizers of smoky black bean dip with pumpkin
seeds, guacamole, ****take tofu pot stickers with ginger sesame dressing,
roasted yam and garlic soup with lime and ancho chiles, black bean goat
cheese quesadilla with homemade salsa, and a side salad with basil
vinaigrette. Not your standard fare and I hope they like lime, cilantro,
spice and sesame, since there's an awful lot of it.

I'm kind of nervous.

It sounds delicious, Susan! You can cook for me any time. ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 8th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:46:30 -0600, Susan M wrote:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:
Why don't you place Otis (*temporarily*) in a bedroom -- just until you
move to the dining room and don't have to worry about "feline
exploration"?

Well, besides the loud yowling scaring the guests, there's a chance Otis
might come out of the bedroom, jump in the dinner table and pee on
someone's plate.

ROTFLMAO !!! You know him so well

Susan M
Otis and Chester

How about putting him in his carrying cage until dinner is over? He
certainly will be offended, but the dinner table would be safe. MLB

Old April 8th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

it is okay. I have made appetizers of smoky black bean dip with pumpkin
seeds, guacamole, ****take tofu pot stickers with ginger sesame dressing,
roasted yam and garlic soup with lime and ancho chiles, black bean goat
cheese quesadilla with homemade salsa, and a side salad with basil
vinaigrette. Not your standard fare and I hope they like lime, cilantro,
spice and sesame, since there's an awful lot of it.

It sounds delicious, Susan! You can cook for me any time. ;o)

Yes, it certainly does! And I wouldn't care if Otis sat on the table
right in front of my plate.

Joyce
Old April 8th 06, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

mlbriggs wrote:

Well, besides the loud yowling scaring the guests, there's a chance Otis
might come out of the bedroom, jump in the dinner table and pee on
someone's plate.

ROTFLMAO !!! You know him so well

How about putting him in his carrying cage until dinner is over? He
certainly will be offended, but the dinner table would be safe. MLB

Same problem, I would think, only louder.

Joyce

New Year's Party For Cats Tonight Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 0 December 31st 05 06:23 PM
(OT) Humor: The Hallowe'en Party Pat Cat anecdotes 0 October 28th 05 10:54 PM
Party [email protected] Cat anecdotes 8 July 13th 05 10:26 PM
Cats are Eating My Dinner Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 61 October 2nd 04 06:46 AM