Michael Jackson

Old June 29th 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Michael Jackson

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
.. Once a person gave me a
whole lecture about an ethnic group I happen to belong to, telling me all
"their" bad characteristics. I looked right at her, stepped a little
closer, and said, "Did you know that we're also unpredictably violent?"
She excused herself.

Oh, do tell what ethnic group you belong to, if I can't use the phrase
myself some of my friends might be able to if they share your ethnicity ;-)

Tweed

Old June 29th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
. Once a person gave me a
whole lecture about an ethnic group I happen to belong to, telling me all
"their" bad characteristics. I looked right at her, stepped a little
closer, and said, "Did you know that we're also unpredictably violent?"
She excused herself.

Oh, do tell what ethnic group you belong to, if I can't use the phrase
myself some of my friends might be able to if they share your ethnicity
;-)

I'm Irish and Sicilian, but I strongly recommend the phrase for *any* ethnic
group that ever finds itself on the receiving end of such a ridiculous
lecture.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old June 29th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 29, 4:06*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
wrote in message

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

wrote:

I think it's a lot harder on dark-skinned people, not to
minimize how it might feel even to a pale-skinned person, if they had
the white patches in highly visible places.

I'm sure they make "cover-stick" in darker skin tones, too - it's not
only Caucasians who want to hide facial blemishes!

Vitiligo can cause large areas of the skin to turn white. After a
certain point, cover sticks are a bit impractical. We're not talking
about pimples!

--

so are you saying that Michael Jackson had extreme vitiligo and that caused
him him to turn white and get extreme plastic surgery to make his nose match

Tweed- Hide quoted text -

I don't know, Tweed. I don't presume to know what goes on in someone
else's head.

Sherry
Old June 29th 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl P." wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
AZ wrote:

When I'm staying somewhere with cable TV, I sometimes watch these makeover
shows. Sometimes there really are things that are noticeably 'different' -
like a receding chin. But *every* *single* *time* there's breast implants,
and almost always a nose job, even though the breasts and nose look just
fine to me. People with lots of money, a position in the public eye, and a
job that requires at least the appearance of youth and style have been
doing these kinds of makeovers for years, and some of them appear to be
addicted to the process. There is or was one woman - I think she's usually
describes as a 'socialite' (not a singer or performer) who got someone to
try to turn her into a kind of human cat. Google "Jocelyn Wildenstein"

There's a lot of strange people out there.

Listen to me. Operations are very painful and if you don't need one for
your health don't consider one for vanity. It hurts. A lot.
I just got over my last emergency one. I am back at work but it still
hurts. DO NOT HAVE AN OPERATION IF YOU CAN AVOID IT.

Old June 30th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
. Once a person gave me a
whole lecture about an ethnic group I happen to belong to, telling me
all "their" bad characteristics. I looked right at her, stepped a
little closer, and said, "Did you know that we're also unpredictably
violent?" She excused herself.

Oh, do tell what ethnic group you belong to, if I can't use the phrase
myself some of my friends might be able to if they share your ethnicity
;-)

I'm Irish and Sicilian, but I strongly recommend the phrase for *any*
ethnic group that ever finds itself on the receiving end of such a
ridiculous lecture.

Your father was Irish and your mother Sicilian? Very interesting mix ;-)

My father was Scottish and my mother English. I can never decide who I want
to win when Scotland is playing England at any sport.

Tweed

Old June 30th 09, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Cheryl P." wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
AZ wrote:

[...]

Tweed, you are so right. I tell this to my family all the time. Sometimes the treatment/cure is worse thanm the ailment.

M. Jackson, IMHO 9and it is only my opinion), he wanted to look
like his friend, Elizabeth Taylor. I read one time that he actually
had to have an artificial nose made because his own had become so
hideous. I don't know if that was true or not. I was never a M.
Jackson fan. His constant reaching for his crotch amused me. Was he
trying to see if something had finally sprouted?

Old June 30th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Cheryl P." wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
AZ wrote:
[...]

That reminds me of that old Eddie Murphy routine with the Michael Jackson
doll. "Just as I feared-- anatomically correct!!" Oh dear! Now I'm
laughing.

Old June 30th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Cheryl P." wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
AZ wrote:

[...]

You don't have to tell me that. And if you do tell that to the Michael
Jacksons and the Farah Fawcetts of this world, and thousands of others
like them, they won't believe you and they won't believe their
motivations are vanity. They think surgery is necessary for their
professions. They are afraid of aging, either by itself or because of
the effect looking old has on their employment prospects. They consider
it essential to look their best, and consider plastic surgery just
another step along a line that begins with plucking and waxing to remove
excess hair and excessive dieting. 'Il faut souffrir pour être belle'
(It is necessary to suffer to be beautiful) is a very old saying, and
probably has more to do with Jackson's excessive use of plastic surgery
than any wish he may have had to be white.

Jackson's just another person who probably had vitiligo causing the skin
colour changes, and who also believed that plastic surgery was necessary
to make him as beautiful and acceptable and professionally employable
as possible. A lot of people think that way. Telling them they shouldn't
is hardly going to have an impact on them. Me, I'm having no plastic
surgery and don't dye the grey in my hair. I'd say it was my protest
against suffering in the search for beauty, but really, I just don't
have any interest in changing my nose or wrinkles or hair.

Cheryl
Old June 30th 09, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmmee

oh god, i still don't have a spell check that is just too funny, go ahead
and say it..., Lee
"outsider" wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote in
:

outstanding, people do ask the most bizarre questions, when i was
losing my vision, some days i carried a can,

I'm not going to say it. I am not going to say it.