PETA - People Exhibiting Terrible Attributes

Old December 2nd 03, 01:44 AM
Luvskats00

writes

You need to get off of your high horse!

My horse hasn't been on drugs for over 14 months..he goes to NA meetings, too!
Old December 2nd 03, 01:44 AM
Luvskats00

Old December 2nd 03, 03:32 AM
Karen M.

frlpwr wrote:
Steve Crane wrote:

(-L.) wrote in message om...

wrote in message news:EsFkI7LVLls8-pn2-7F3W3POrrgYn@localhost...

Never heard a Jew use the "dominion over animals" rhetoric...obviously
he may be the first, but I doubt it. It's mainline bible-thumper
crap.

-L.

Man does indeed have dominance over animals -

Indeed. It is one thing to exercise power over others and quite another
to claim that this naked power is supernaturally mandated.

Groups of men have dominance over other groups of men. Does this make
slavery, subjugation and repression part of god's plan, too?

Now you've heard a Jew make the claim. I have to wonder at the level of education of someone
who is so illiterate they are not aware that in 90% of the world's
religions on earth the same claim is made in one form or another.

I have to wonder at the level of education of someone who would try to
pass off the classic logical fallacy, Appeal to the Popular (Everbody
Does It), to justify the forcible domination of other species.

Only in the fringe whacko lunatic arena has anyone claimed otherwise.

Most progressive movements have been labelled "fringe whacko lunatic" by
their detractors.

And you're dealing with right-wing "whackos". Why bother trying to argue?

It is certainly your choice to choose secularism as your "religion",
but please do not attempt to impose that upon others, nor suggest that it should be imposed upon the millions of men who believed in one
faith or another and died to allow you the freedom to express your
childish foolishness.

Another logical fallacy, Appeal to Pity.

Old December 2nd 03, 06:26 AM
GAUBSTER2

From: (-L.)

Just
how did the perfect mutation occur that allows for things such as our

senses,
immune system, etc?

Not "perfect" mutation, dear - multiple mutations which are then
preserved during selection.

So just how are these mutations "preserved during selection"? Is there

some
force that "knows" when to keep the desirable traits and reject the
undesirable
ones?

It is impossible for these things to just "happen". It is magic pixie dust or
what?

No, Dingleberry. Only the "fittest" of the species pass on their
genes - the mutations within those indiviuals are preserved and passed
along. It's called NATURAL SELECTION. The mutations are enriched in
subsequent generations, if they offer a benefit to the individuals
(and thus, the species).

It's a theory, but not a fact. You're ASSuming an awful lot. What are the
mechanics involved? Hmm? BTW, I asked you in a previous post if you could get
through one post w/o calling names. Apparently I was right!

You're asking an awful lot out of random events!

"You're" not "asking" anything of them - they just happen and are
passed on to future generations, or not, dependant upon whether they
are those which are selected for.

Who/What is "selecting" them? What caused the Big Bang? If there was nothing,
how can you get something out of nothing? Or is this where you state that "it
just happened"?

Sigh. Do you really think I have the time or inclination to explain
the theory of evolution to you? You really need to do some reading.

Bingo! It's a theory and nothing more. Yet you take it as if it is fact.
I've researched atheism, Darwinism, evolution, etc. It doesn't provide many
answers at all and only raises more questions--at least for intelligent people.
I see you've put your limited mental resources behind this and yet you can't
back it up!

Run along, now...

....and you want me to listen to you? No thanks!
Old December 2nd 03, 06:26 AM
GAUBSTER2