Disturber of Cats

Old May 26th 13, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Disturber of Cats

Butterscotch has been in all day today. He was so quiet, I had forgotten
he was inside.

He got down from the top of the freezer and had some crunchies and
water, then sat on a nearby chair. So I decided to sit on the floor near
him, to love on him for awhile.

Well, he was loving it. He's shift around to make sure I got his head,
neck, chin and back, chirping happy little meows the whole time. No
doubt telling where I needed to scratch next.

After several minutes, Senyah got up to see who was disturbing
Butterscotch - Little Boy and Apache sometimes bother him. I told her it
was just me, Disturber of Happy Cats.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old May 26th 13, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

When I got home from the hospital after two days, Tiger said "oh - were
you gone?"

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old May 26th 13, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
When I got home from the hospital after two days, Tiger said "oh - were
you gone?"

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

***

That's what Waffles and Pickles said when I got home from two weeks in
Alaska.

Joy

Old May 28th 13, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Judith Latham wrote:

Mark Edwards wrote:

Butterscotch has been in all day today. He was so quiet, I had forgotten
he was inside.

He got down from the top of the freezer and had some crunchies and
water, then sat on a nearby chair. So I decided to sit on the floor near
him, to love on him for awhile.

Well, he was loving it. He's shift around to make sure I got his head,
neck, chin and back, chirping happy little meows the whole time. No
doubt telling where I needed to scratch next.

After several minutes, Senyah got up to see who was disturbing
Butterscotch - Little Boy and Apache sometimes bother him. I told her it
was just me, Disturber of Happy Cats.

Whenever I get down on the floor to fuss Sootie she gets up and goes to
sit a foot or so away with a what are you doing look on her face.

Don't you love that pointed move - to a minimal distance away? Just
so you won't mistake their leaving for something else, such as going
to snack on food or use the litterbox. No, they moved a useless
distance away just to show YOU they were displeased by your attentions.

Roxy does this to me, too, sometimes. But not tonight - tonight she
wants to be petted and cuddled.

--
Joyce

The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old May 28th 13, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Sunday, May 26, 2013 4:17:22 PM UTC-4, ---MIKE--- wrote:
When I got home from the hospital after two days, Tiger said "oh - were

you gone?"
---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

The first time I left Rita for the weekend, she was MAD at me. So mad that she wouldn't let me pet her, and she carefully planted herself on the living room floor with her back to me. The effect was kind of ruined, though, when she kept looking around behind her to make sure that I *noticed* she was ignoring me.
"You see this? I'm ignoring you!"
"Yup, this is me, ignoring you!"

I laughed so hard.

I try to get a pet-sitter nowadays.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old May 28th 13, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/28/2013 10:31 AM, Jane wrote:
On Sunday, May 26, 2013 4:17:22 PM UTC-4, ---MIKE--- wrote:
When I got home from the hospital after two days, Tiger said "oh - were

you gone?"
---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

The first time I left Rita for the weekend, she was MAD at me. So mad that she wouldn't let me pet her, and she carefully planted herself on the living room floor with her back to me. The effect was kind of ruined, though, when she kept looking around behind her to make sure that I *noticed* she was ignoring me.
"You see this? I'm ignoring you!"
"Yup, this is me, ignoring you!"

I laughed so hard.

I try to get a pet-sitter nowadays.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

That's funny! But yes, sometimes they get mad. Persia didn't ignore me
(or even pretend to). For a couple of years I went on a number of short
trips and I had to board Persia. (I didn't know anyone who would cat
sit and I wasn't about to give a stranger a key to my home.) Persia was
always thrilled to be back home. But then she would stomp around the
house, checking every room to make sure nothing had changed. And while
she did that she *yelled* at me. LOL

Jill