Cecil, rescued in Brooklyn!

Old May 12th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cecil, rescued in Brooklyn!

Cecil is a 5 month-old kitten who was found in Greenpoint. Someone had
bound him with a cord or wire so tight that it cut into his neck,
opening wounds that became badly infected. He also has other medical
issues and tomorrow goes in for a consultation with an opthalmologist
to discuss repairing his eyes. His eyelids are only partially formed
causing the fur to rub against his eyes. I set up a blog for Cecil
where you can follow his story and if possible make a donation to help
cover his mounting medical expenses. He is under the care of
Williamsburg's BARC Shelter and I'm his foster mom! This little tiger
needs his next life to be the best ever!

Cecil's blog is he http://www.rescuedinbrooklyn.wordpress.com
BARC Shelter's website is he http://www.barcshelter.org

Old May 12th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Cecil is a 5 month-old kitten who was found in Greenpoint. Someone had
bound him with a cord or wire so tight that it cut into his neck,
opening wounds that became badly infected. He also has other medical
Cecil's blog is he http://www.rescuedinbrooklyn.wordpress.com
BARC Shelter's website is he http://www.barcshelter.org

Poor Cecil! Those 2 people are angels for rescuing him and you for taking
care of him. Hopefully he will be okay in time and will get a wonderful home
with someone who loves him.

Old May 12th 06, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Cecil is definatly a very lucky kitty. To be found by two very nice ladies,
and then to be helped by BARC.
Amazingly the animal welfare group that I volunteer for just received a dog
in similar condition only she still had the tow chain imbedded in her neck.
The local vet is try to make sure the local prosecutor pursues abuse charges
against the owner. Turn out "lady" was identified by neighbor as belonging
to a man that would come out to feed her maybe once a week. Lady is only
about 10months old. Our Lady is also on her way to recovery as Cecil is and
hopefully they both will eventually find the perfect Forever Home.

Cinders

oups.com...

Old May 13th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Anna-
Yes, thank goodness there are people who can cancel out the very bad
ones. Cecil's a trooper and fortunately, an excellent patient at the
vets. There are already a few potential homes, but we're not going to
rush it. He deserves the very best!

Old May 13th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Cinders-

I've seen those kind of injuries at BARC. Lots of junkyard dogs here in
NYC, chained during the day, no shelter, water... just a horrible
existence. What's really tragic is that some of them end up being such
sweet dogs. Give Lady a pat from Cecil!

Lisa

Old May 13th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Sometimes I find it so hard to find the words expressing my utter disgust at
the treatment of animals.
If it was up to me, I would wrap a cord around the persons neck and leave
them out in the sun with no water and food for a week, just so they could
have a taste of the hell they thoughtlessly caused the poor animal.

Good thing it's not up to me huh??

Like another poster mentioned in an earlier thread...thank god there are
thoughtful, loving caregivers to help negate
the cruelty doled out to these perfect creatures.

oups.com...