Scooter doesn't smell treats

Old September 3rd 14, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Scooter doesn't smell treats

It's pretty weird but has always been this way. Nipsy gently reminds
me, over and over, that I have neglected to put out the treats. I drop
a few Temptations (chicken) in front of him and Marlo, and a few in
front of Scooter.

Nipsy and Marlo devour them. Scooter sniffs around, as if he was
looking for them, and then looks away. I pick them up, hold them under
his nose, and he looks but then acts as if there was nothing there.

Sometimes I'll drop some different type of treat (Whiskahs or
something) and he'll sniff around, tentitively lick one, and then
decide to eat them. But mostly he ignores those as well. It's almost
like he doesn't understand that they're to be eaten.

Very strange.
Old September 3rd 14, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
toci

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:03:19 AM UTC-5, dgk wrote:
It's pretty weird but has always been this way. Nipsy gently reminds

me, over and over, that I have neglected to put out the treats. I drop

a few Temptations (chicken) in front of him and Marlo, and a few in

front of Scooter.

Nipsy and Marlo devour them. Scooter sniffs around, as if he was

looking for them, and then looks away. I pick them up, hold them under

his nose, and he looks but then acts as if there was nothing there.

Sometimes I'll drop some different type of treat (Whiskahs or

something) and he'll sniff around, tentitively lick one, and then

decide to eat them. But mostly he ignores those as well. It's almost

like he doesn't understand that they're to be eaten.

Very strange.

Felix is right there for any water from a tuna can I open, but if a bit of tuna gets in it, he doesn't eat the tuna. Toci
Old September 4th 14, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 9/3/2014 11:18 AM, toci wrote:
[...]

Waffles (RB) loved tuna water, and would lick out the can, but he always
left the bits of tuna. Koala likes it, and Pickles begs for it, but
won't drink it. I deliberately don't give them people food so they
won't get so interested they make it difficult for me to eat.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old September 4th 14, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 20:08:30 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:

In article ,
dgk wrote:

It's pretty weird but has always been this way. Nipsy gently reminds
me, over and over, that I have neglected to put out the treats. I drop
a few Temptations (chicken) in front of him and Marlo, and a few in
front of Scooter.

Nipsy and Marlo devour them. Scooter sniffs around, as if he was
looking for them, and then looks away. I pick them up, hold them under
his nose, and he looks but then acts as if there was nothing there.

Sometimes I'll drop some different type of treat (Whiskahs or
something) and he'll sniff around, tentitively lick one, and then
decide to eat them. But mostly he ignores those as well. It's almost
like he doesn't understand that they're to be eaten.

Very strange.

Neither of my previous cats bothered with cat treats. I tried them with
all sorts but they just weren't interested. They did like some human food
though.

Sootie doesn't much like human food, and eats only cat food (apart from
the fish from the chip shop) but she loves the cat treats.

Judith

The only thing I can conclude from these comments is that cats are
weird.
Old September 5th 14, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"dgk" wrote in message

It's pretty weird but has always been this way. Nipsy gently reminds
me, over and over, that I have neglected to put out the treats. I drop
a few Temptations (chicken) in front of him and Marlo, and a few in
front of Scooter.

Nipsy and Marlo devour them. Scooter sniffs around, as if he was
looking for them, and then looks away. I pick them up, hold them under
his nose, and he looks but then acts as if there was nothing there.

Sometimes I'll drop some different type of treat (Whiskahs or
something) and he'll sniff around, tentitively lick one, and then
decide to eat them. But mostly he ignores those as well. It's almost
like he doesn't understand that they're to be eaten.

Very strange.

As long as he has enough sense of smell to eat his normal food, and I assume
he has, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe he doesn't like your choice ;-)
Or perhaps the texture.

Old September 5th 14, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"dgk" wrote in message

[...]

That could well be it. Most of the cats I've had didn't like the soft
treats, only the crunchy ones.