Boyfie's day was disturbed

Old September 5th 14, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie's day was disturbed

By the gasmen who are laying new gas mains in my road.

First of all, one came to turn my gas supply off at 8 a.m. Boyfie had not
long had his breakfast and was cleaning his face and paws prior to deciding
whether to out for toilet duties shortly or a bit later when the gas man
cometh which caused the poor lad to race up the stairs to his bedroom.
They were in and out of the house for most of the day. One person comes to
turn the gas off. Another comes along later to check whether your meter is
up to standard (mine needed a new bracket to fix it back on after the first
person had kinda ripped it away from it, the bracket I had is not the one
that is in favour now) and no, he couldn't do it, another person had to come
to do that.

So hours later, two bracket-men came, just when Boyfie was going to have his
tea-time meal (3.45, very important to him) so he flew outside and daren't
come back for ages.
Of course the bracket-men are not the same people who come to turn the gas
back on, and neither are they the same people who then come to test your gas
appliances are now working again at 7 pm. So all in all, gas-men have been
in and out of my house most of the day and Boyfie just hated The Whole Day.
I did say to them "you do realise you are scaring my cat?" and all seemed
sympathetic. They were all very nice.

When I got my appliances tested in the evening, I said "is this the end of
this for me?" They said Yes.

Phew.

It's not quite the end for the road though, they'll be digging it it up for
weeks.
Luckily they dug up the pavements on the other side of the road.
Since I had to pay 1400 for the drop kerb and re-tarmacing the pavement in
front of my house in 2012, I kind of consider it mine so if they'd dug it
up, I'd have been distraught.

Tweed

Tweed

Old September 7th 14, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
[...]

Poor Boyfie. Sootie hates it when any workmen call and stays in the front
bedroom. she particularly hates it when they have to go upstairs.

He's not too keen on visitors of any kind. Fortunately they didn't have
to go upstairs near his bedroom which he believes is inviolate.

I hate it too when you have to such work done, it always seems to take all
day and you have no say in it at all.

I can understand how you feel about your dropped kerb. It cost you a lot
of money to get sorted.

One of them said "if we dig up your tarmac it will be patched with red
tarmac, it's all we can get.." which was of course a joke (mine is black)
I didn't find that amusing and for a moment I almost responded.
Anyway, all in all they were very nice. Boyfie does not want to see them
again, however.

Tweed