friendship, semi ot

Old March 24th 10, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default friendship, semi ot

having read many groups for many years and having lurked in some much longer
than i have posted in them it occurs to me that a good group is one where
you feel close to many of the members that post, much as in RL you share and
argue and agree and share some more.

With Rob's passing i contemplated my frienship with pam, gramby and a few
others... and it occurred to me that much like my relationships with my cats
each is special and unique in its own way and while part of the group is
also seperate.

Gramby is a friend in RL who i have know for more years than i care to think
about, her DH was also a friend and it tore me apart when he went ahead,
even though my logical mind says it was the right time for him and gramby...
it hurt me because he is one of the few people in this world that i love and
one of the few who loved me back with no ulterior motive.

as i thought about each person on this group i ended up with pam, now i have
known her on the group for around ten years as i started lurking in 1999,
but i never really got to know her until the spider bite hospital stay, i
called her, knowing myself how lonely hospital stays are as i have had over
twenty of my own... we first chatted and she gave me her and rob's health
status, then we talked about a very wide variety of subject matters that
both of us feel very strongly about, everything from flowers, to men to
parents and even children, even though i have none to talk about...

as i thought about all of this i realised that the same thing that has
allowed me to be friends with pam on the group, and others as well... and
gramby in RL is the same factor that allows me to accept love from and give
love to my cats... it is the thing i most treasure about my DH, it is
unconditional, and undemanding love and friendship. now i know as humans we
have certain expectations, but as much as possible, pam is like gramby, my
DH and some others on the groups not a jealous friend, open and giving and
not envying my friendship with others... this is how my cats are... well all
except storrmmee and she owns DH NOT me... the love these friends and cats
is given freely and the only thing they ask in return is to be cared for as
well...

As sad as it is that rob had to leave us, i must say i have learned a lot
about myself through his passing, the very act of his going ahead has
allowed me to reasses myself, my motives and to be truly grateful for thing
like my friends and cats,

Lee

Old March 24th 10, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

And all of God's children said AMEN to that.

I liked the unconditionally part, I really need that part a lot.

There comes a time when people have to go. I know that he left when he knew
Pam was resting as she had been up all night. I am sad for her and her
family but like my Bob, it was his time.

Lee or I have to win the lottery so we can go on a road trip this summer.
Hmmm, guess you have to buy a ticket first.

Old March 24th 10, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

you don't see me Irish Gigging to the bank do you, or I forgot you couldn't
see that! Well, too old to click heels so will leave that be.

I did crawl up and clean the front gutters today. Only took 5 minutes
longer than last year. Not bad for an ole broad.

Old March 24th 10, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

now here is where we differ, you RENT NOW, make the landlord do it for
christ sakes, Lee, muttering

Old March 24th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Go mutter to your cats. Was good exercise and when I told George, was a good
cardiovascular work out for him. That was a twofer.

Old March 24th 10, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

first off i can think of lots better ways to exercise geroges heart, and as
to that road trip you mentioned earlier the DH is currently three hours
into a poker tournament, which means he is doing pretty good, Lee

Old March 24th 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I was wrong it started at 11 and he just called me during the first break
but is doing pretty good. Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
Go furry GO!

Old March 24th 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What a sweet, thoughtful post, Lee. Thank you for posting it.
It's important for people to know these things.
You and Granby are so lucky/blessed to have each other as friends.
I have only been posting here for a couple of years and have met some
really nice people, some of whom have become 'internet' friends. Love, Kyla

"Stormmee"