Uh diabetic question

Old October 16th 04, 03:58 PM
Mary Lu

Default Uh diabetic question

Hi, agin from Raphael.
U know that I haf diabetes. I haf to get uh new Blood Glucose
Monitor. Mine old one is frum Walgreens and thay are not making thu
one I haf or thu supplies for it any more. It is uh Prestige Smart
System IQ but it has Walgreens name on it. Mom has always thought it
needed too much blood (and so did I).
She ust to have uh Freestyle for herownself but hur insurance wanted
her to change over to uh OneTouch Ultra. She duznt think it would be
a good ideea for us to use the same one.
TED ses he will du some research to see what we should buy. Iffen you
are a kittee with diaabeetes & yur hoomins test u, what kind uf
masheen do you hafe? Du you and your hoomin like it? Thank you for
your help!
Raphael TKC, GCC, POTS, KWD
(The Kiwanis Cat, Gray Cat Club, Pees Over The Side, Kittee with
Diabetes)
Old October 16th 04, 11:51 PM
Boogie's Mom

HiHiHi Raph! I am nottid a cat wif diabeeteez, but i haf a Meowmie wif
diabeeteez anna she uses da Freestyle fur herzownself because she can tezt
onna her arm anna it only takes a tinytiny bit of blood.

Boogie da HarpurrCat inna Bawlamore

om...

Old October 17th 04, 12:08 AM
Mlle. Anaïs

On 16 Oct 2004 07:58:35 -0700, Mary Lu wrote:

[...]

I use a SOF-TAC, which is a little pricey, but you simply load a lancet,
and strip, plop it on your forearm or thigh and using vaccuum, it pops the
lancet into the skin, draws a drop of blood, puts it on the strip, and
analyzes it - all totally automated, and it hurts a hell of a lot less than
any other meter I've tried.

For a kitty, you'd need a small patch of bare skin so it could create a
vaccum - but don't you need bare skin even with a conventional lancet then
strip technique? Other than that, I think it's the best glucometer on the
market.
Unka Sonam
--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
10/16/2004 7:02:58 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Old October 17th 04, 07:50 AM
Miss Violette

None of us have it here but soft's brofur has one that uses very little
people blood, and he says that the less blood it steals the less scar tissue
it makes also, soft recommends you go to the diabetes NG and ask them, to
see which ones the hoomanz like best, it is good your TED is doing research
for you. I stay infurested in this beclawz the shots I take fur my lip when
it acts up can cause diabetes, Miss Violette, hoping you and black Jack are
well

Old October 17th 04, 10:35 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Boogie's Mom" had some very interesting
things to say about Uh diabetic question:

HiHiHi Raph! I am nottid a cat wif diabeeteez, but i haf a Meowmie wif
diabeeteez anna she uses da Freestyle fur herzownself because she can tezt
onna her arm anna it only takes a tinytiny bit of blood.
Boogie da HarpurrCat inna Bawlamore

My Dad uses the Relion because the strips are cheaper.

Felix, glad he's not diabetic and wishing his Dad wasn't

--
Felix, with help from his secretary/Mom

Old October 17th 04, 11:56 PM
Mary Lu

Gis, thank u so much. TED works tomorrow (Monday), so maybe he'll
know by then. Mom liked the Freestyle but the insurance company said
change. She thinks that's weird because the teststrips cost more than
the Freestyle ones. Well, the copay is the same but the cost if you
don't have insurance is more.
Raphael