I'm Sorry

Old July 21st 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default I'm Sorry

On Jul 21, 4:42*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in messagenews:OrGdnXHvVvTdNx7VnZ2dnUVZ_vKdnZ2d@comca st.com...

"hopitus"
On Jul 19, 7:39 pm, hopitus
On Jul 19, 7:02 pm, Will in New Haven

wrote:
On Jul 19, 6:01 pm, "tanadashoes"
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Jul 19, 3:57 pm, "tanadashoes" :

Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh..
Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam I get the reference (it took me a minute, though)....and it IS
just plain weird, isn't it??
I know you have a wonderfully irreverant sense of humor, and I also
get that you wouldn't ever offend anybody on purpose.
I remember when I got spanked but good just for using the word
"lifestyle" in blessed ignorance that it might be an offensive word.
Hell. I didn't know.
Oops. Can I say "hell?"
Maybe you offended some people, now you know. Kick yourself around
for
2 seconds then forget about it. But keep your sense of humor. That's
what keeps us sane.

Sherry

===============

I'm sorry. *I got an email from a friend to warn me about this and
sent one
back saying I could handle it. *And I did. *Then I saw that email
from Kyla
to Susan about Grandma Shirley's death and lost it. *That email was
in as
poor of taste or more as my stupid joke, but not one person said
anything to
her about it. *Some of the very people who jumped on the politically
correct
bandwagon probably thought it was marvelous. *I'll tell you, if Kyla
sends
something so disgusting to us when Rob is fighting his last battle,
I'll do
something violent.

There you go. Here I was thinking you had been so terribly wronged,
which you had, and you have to prove that your post wasn't so bad by
attacking my friend, who sincerely means well.

--
Will in New Haven
"The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants, and

If your friend is who it would appear you need to keep it back
in rpcc talking catbabble instead of authoring stuff to hurt
people's feelings...."means well" is getting *way* out of hand
or should I say, "send" finger elsewhere than rpcc.

Gee, thanks...
.I never meant to hurt anyone's feelings, I'm not like that, *and wish
nothing but the best for Pam and Rob. *Cancer is horrible and I feel so
bad for what Pam is goin thru, Rob too, and I am sending them both my best
wishes *for him to get better.
Pam is a wonderful writer, and is going thru a lot, I know.

Here's a nice quote for you:
"Hell is paved with good intentions"
John Ray, 1670

I feel so much better now , and it's The road to hell, BTW
Judge not lest ye be judged
Thanks for brightening my day...NOT!
Kyla

Personally, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I think you need
to "back off". *I have, in the past, been a bit put off by your
forwardness - even if it is done with good intentions. *UseNet is a place
that some people come to so they can have a bit of fun, "vent" to (virtual)
strangers without worrying about the consequences in their real lives, and
sometimes just let out their sadness as they're perhaps, for whatever
reason, not able to do with their family.

Asking for people's addresses, so you can send them cards or letters, when
you don't even know them, is sort of creepy to me in a "stalkerish" sort of
way. *[I'm even considering taking my name off the Christmas card list so
you don't get my address! *And I'll be *VERY* resentful if I have to do that
because I have enjoyed exchanging Christmas cards with the people here for 4
or 5 years now!]

I understand that some people come here and see all the closeness of this
group and want to just dive in - but most of us have been "friends" for
years and years and have, only slowly, come to trust one another. *For a
newcomer to expect the same is unrealistic and naive and, again, can be very
off-putting.

This isn't the first time you've had to post an apology about being too
forward or "putting your foot in your mouth", in fact I don't even think
it's the second or third time! *Maybe you should just try reading a bit and
stay more impersonal until people get to know you better or invite you to be
closer.

Hugs,

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

CN, I think this was well-put, the part about being patient when
joining
a new group, and giving folks time to really get to know you.
I am in another group (not cat group)...and it is much like rpca, very
nice folks, lots of helpful info. for anyone, newbie or not. But I got
turned
down the first year for admission into their mailing list. I kept
posting
and kept reading, asking questions or giving advice myself if I knew
an
answer. After about 3 years, I finally feel like a part of the group,
and not
an oustsider. They've been posting for many years, lots of them know
each
other IRL.
People are just wary about IRL contact with people they only barely
know
online. And rightly so, I reckon. It doesn't mean they hate you, for
sure. It
just means you're being too forward and forcing a type of intimacy way
too
soon.
BTW, I got on the mailing list this year :-). I truly wasn't offended
when I got
rejected, because I got a *very* nice e-mail explaining how the list
contains
home addresses, and they're just so careful about who gets it. It
makes
me feel better now, actually, knowing that *my* address is on it, and
it's
not going to be freely given out.

Sherry
Old July 21st 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Jul 21, 4:42 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in
messagenews:OrGdnXHvVvTdNx7VnZ2dnUVZ_vKdnZ2d@comca st.com...

"hopitus"
On Jul 19, 7:39 pm, hopitus
On Jul 19, 7:02 pm, Will in New Haven

wrote:
On Jul 19, 6:01 pm, "tanadashoes"
"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

Too true. Who was it who wrote "I'd never be a part of a group who would
have me as a member!" (JOKE) ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 21st 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Sherry" wrote in message

BTW, I got on the mailing list this year :-). I truly wasn't offended
when I got
rejected, because I got a *very* nice e-mail explaining how the list
contains
home addresses, and they're just so careful about who gets it. It
makes
me feel better now, actually, knowing that *my* address is on it, and
it's
not going to be freely given out.

Sherry

I think this is very important. There have been a few occasions when
someone on one of the newsgroups has posted another reader's home address or
other personal information without first getting consent. This bothers me a
lot. The ones I have seen have been done with the best of intentions (such
as posting with a suggestion to send get-well or birthday cards), but that
information is then exposed to *everyone* who looks at the list -- and we do
not have any way of monitoring that information. I realize that most of our
information can already be easily obtained, but at least that would take
someone doing a search for it. When information is posted to the
newsgroups, any number of people now have easy access to that material for
purposes that may not be so "good."

MaryL

Old July 21st 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Loved your "JOKE". Hav a been here about two years now and really enjoy the
group. I have a terrible memory and finally made a score card type thing
for who has which cat.

Lots of people want friends, people you can talk to but not feel over
powered by.
"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Sherry" wrote in message
On Jul 21, 4:42 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in
messagenews:OrGdnXHvVvTdNx7VnZ2dnUVZ_vKdnZ2d@comca st.com...

"hopitus"
On Jul 19, 7:39 pm, hopitus
On Jul 19, 7:02 pm, Will in New Haven

Old July 22nd 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Geez, I can't seem to do anything right
I've only been here sinch March and have grown to love this group,
and yes I have made mistakes, many, but I'm learning.
I'm so sorry if I've offended people here. Please forgive me.
Hug
Kyla
--feeling sad
"Granby" Loved your "JOKE". Hav a been here about two years now and
really enjoy the
group. I have a terrible memory and finally made a score card type thing
for who has which cat.

Lots of people want friends, people you can talk to but not feel over
powered by.
"CatNipped"
"Sherry" On Jul 21, 4:42 pm, "CatNipped" :
"Kyla =^. .^=`"

"hopitus"
On Jul 19, 7:39 pm, hopitus
On Jul 19, 7:02 pm, Will in New Haven

Old July 22nd 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default I'm Sorry - ALSO

I don't usually post from home because of the gawd-awful pain I'm always in
from the neck/shoulder/arm/wrist injury and don't want to acerbate it by
being on a computer *more* than 10 hours a day (and I'm probably going to
regret this exception), but I've been thinking about this all the way home
from work and I had to say this...

When I pointed out that someone here was abusing her cats (and there is
*PLENTY* of archived proof that this is true), I was *thoroughly* chastised
by some for being mean and hateful to the cat abuser and for causing
disruption to our nice little group by mentioning such a nasty thing as
animal abuse. Now, not mentioning any names, but some people appear to feel
it's perfectly fine to be mean and hateful to *you* just for posting a joke.
Ironic, huh? I guess some people just never get over being hall monitor and
must upbraid anyone and everyone for whatever *they* feel is uncalled for.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped ---- donning flame-proof underwear

Old July 22nd 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in

I think this is very important. There have been a few occasions when
someone on one of the newsgroups has posted another reader's home
address or other personal information without first getting consent.
This bothers me a lot. The ones I have seen have been done with the
best of intentions (such as posting with a suggestion to send get-well
or birthday cards), but that information is then exposed to *everyone*
who looks at the list --

Which is effectively everyone on the planet.

Old July 22nd 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

. ..

"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

I totally agree - yes you can look it up, but no sense making it *easy*.
And even if it isn't somebody doing something illegal, I would be still be
very upset if somebody like Kyla took it into her head to mail something to
my husband as she did to Susan's Grandma Shirley.

BTW, I guess I missed the post with "child porn fantasies"! It wasn't a
regular doing this, was it??!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 22nd 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_4_]

Default WHAT HAVE I DONE? :(

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message
Oh dear, what have I done? I certainly meant NO harm when I wrote about
Shirley's death. I'm just sitting here in tears knowing I now have
everyone in the group hating me and that wasn't my intention at all.
Pam, I know Rob has cancer and I am hoping for good results for him,
I am wishing nothing but the best for both him and you Pam.
I'm crying so hard, I can't think straight.
If you all thought it was in bad taste, dreadful, then I guess it was,
but that was not my intention at all. I promise.
I lost my own Mother last August, and it still hurts.
Please forgive me. I'm SO sorry.
Kyla
--in tears because now I've lost all my friends

Kyla, I don't know you, but I can tell you that what you come across as is a
drama queen and someone who has to turn all drama into something about you.
Many here do it but you're the master at it. Maybe you don't mean it, but I
can't believe you've been on Usenet for 11 years and no one has called you a
drama queen or even self-centered. I also think you mistake posts meant to
be directed toward others as directed toward you because you can't read the
attributions. Personally I don't care how others here perceive me any more
because I've BTDT. I've gotten a tougher skin. I thought I had a tough
side because my first intro to newsgroups was in hacker groups due to my job
and a research assignment. I found I liked learning and liked the flaming
atmosphere but in a personal group such as this is, you're just "you" and
not a Usenet personna, and after a personal trauma in my life I found I
wasn't so tough and couldn't even fake it. Don't know if that makes sense,
but you are way too self centered and even when someone has just died you
find a way to make a scene and turn it about you rather than just let it go.

Old July 22nd 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl wrote:

Kyla, I don't know you, but I can tell you that what you come across
as is a drama queen and someone who has to turn all drama into
something about you. Many here do it but you're the master at it.
Maybe you don't mean it, but I can't believe you've been on
Usenet for 11 years and no one has called you a drama queen or
even self-centered.

Danger Will Robinson: Alien Rant Approaching. This is not directed at
you, Cheryl. If I say "you" in this post, I mean "you-in-general".

My take is that Kyla has some very severe emotional problems and is
unable to behave differently because of it. She is very emotionally
volatile and gets extremely upset easily. This is all exacerbated by
some pretty difficult physical problems which make it hard for her
to do what she needs to do for her emotional issues. It's not good
for people psychologically to sit at home in front of a computer all
day, but if you have major mobility issues, you probably don't have
much choice.

I never take anything she says personally. I feel like most of what
Kyla says here is a reflection of her own reality - of where she's
at mentally and psychologically. It's not about me, and it's not
about anyone else here, either. In other words, before you react
negatively to one of Kyla's posts, remember that it's coming from
someone who is probably overwhelmed with deep psychological stuff.
To be honest, I think she sincerely cannot help it.

This probably sounds patronizing as all hell, but I think it's the
truth. I try to cut her slack and not take what she says to heart. I
do believe she means very well, but she doesn't have very good
boundaries. And I think that gets people's back up and they get all
bristly about it. All you have to do is set your own limits, and then
just allow her to do her thing. Really, she's not harming anyone here.
If you (you-in-general) engage with her about her latest faux pas,
who's to blame for that? Seriously, just let it go.

And before anyone says, "But look at RPCA Hero Of The Month. She has
a Horrible Life Condition and she is a Revered Saint because she Never
Complains About Anything."

Humans are not made out of cookie cutters. Some people have more inner
resources than others. Why? It's a mystery. Maybe they were raised by
better parents. Or maybe they have something in their brain chemistry
that resists negativity, or allows them to continue. Maybe they fight
back against problems with pure bitchery. Who knows. Everyone has their
personal strengths and we also have *different* kinds of damage. You
can't expect everyone to be able to do the same things. That's just
ignorant. Nobody has any idea what kind of secret resources an individual
person might have, no matter what their life might look like on the
outside. We should never compare people to each other.

Once again - this is not directed at you, Cheryl. I've been wanting to
say this stuff for a while. Kyla is a magnet for people who think that
everyone should be repressed, good little saints who never complain.
She gets their knickers all in a twist. Can we all get over it, please?
Kyla is not hurting anyone!

End Of Rant.

I found I liked learning and liked the flaming atmosphere but in
apersonal group such as this is, you're just "you" and not a
Usenet personna, and after a personal trauma in my life I found I
wasn't so tough and couldn't even fake it.

Cheryl, it sounds like you're doing a bit better, am I right? In any
case, it's very nice to see you posting 'round these parts again.

--
Joyce ^..^