Bad Neighbors & Morganna Update

Old September 30th 04, 04:25 AM
Sherry

Like Steve, I've received hate mail over some of my posts over the
years. At one point, I almost quit the group because I was so depressed
by the language in the emails I got. A couple of good people, you know
who you are, talked me out of

Wow. I thought I was alone. I got slammed good via e-mail immediately following
the first post I ever made to this group. I was told this might not be a good
group for me. That poster was a regular at the time, but I haven't seen her
post in a long time. It almost turned me off on the whole group, until I
realized that this supreme hypocrisy was just one stupid person.

Sherry

Old September 30th 04, 04:28 AM
Sherry

I think most of us feel that way. Nobody likes to be lectured at, or
have it be implied (or sometimes, stated outright) that they are doing
things the wrong way, have deep character flaws, or whatever.

Joyce

And unfortunately, the shelter environment always has more than its share of
bossy, "assertive" individuals. I can cope with them pretty well and sometimes
that trait can be good. More often, they just run off the good volunteers, and
the bossy ones tend to never be the "stayers." The first time things don't go
their way, you never see them again.
Sherry

Old September 30th 04, 04:41 AM
Marina

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:

So I thank all of you again for your support and ideas. Purrs,
please, that I can get this situation happily resolved.

Go, Ginger-lyn! I'm sure I'm not the only one who plonked Megan after
this latest outburst of self-righteousness. We are purring hard for the
situation to resolve itself in the best possible way, and for
Morganna/Tallulah to keep her claws.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 30th 04, 04:59 AM
Tish S

Hey, another scarey co-incidence; I'm INFP too, with a strong emphasis on the "N".

Tish

"Yowie" wrote in message ...

snip

I'm an INFP.

I can adopt the E and T positions if I either get a head of steam or get my
thinking cap on, but I just don't have a drop of S or J blood in me. I used
to think that about me being an extreme introvert, too, but I've come out of
my shell more now that I have a good bunch of friends and people who love &
care for me (and I them).

Old September 30th 04, 05:24 AM
badwilson

"Sherry " wrote in message
Like Steve, I've received hate mail over some of my posts over the
years. At one point, I almost quit the group because I was so

depressed
by the language in the emails I got. A couple of good people, you

know
who you are, talked me out of

Wow. I thought I was alone. I got slammed good via e-mail

immediately following
the first post I ever made to this group. I was told this might not

be a good
group for me. That poster was a regular at the time, but I haven't

seen her
post in a long time. It almost turned me off on the whole group,

until I
realized that this supreme hypocrisy was just one stupid person.

Sherry

You're definitely not alone. I think it's happened to most. I've
gotten slammed for letting Vino hunt and eat lizards, and for other
stuff. Almost quite the group a few times too.
But I've also gotten some really great and supportive emails from
lurkers, so it goes both ways.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's