Update on Rutherford the Brave, and a new upcoming situation

Old January 16th 05, 07:06 PM
jimmy the LD

Default Update on Rutherford the Brave, and a new upcoming situation

Hello all that helped me once on this newsgroup with a certain kitty
enjoying a pee on the floor a day... He's had his litterbox moved, and he
never peed there again. I recently went away on a business trip (about 8
days) and Rutherford was being looked in on once a day; when I returned
home, he peed across the room on a wall going outside, but it looks like he
did this once, and for attention.

Now I have a special situation for you cat-superheroes...

My girlfriend and I have broken up. I will be moving from this house into a
apartment and Rutherford will be alone there from time to time... HOW IN
THE WORLD do I make it so that Rutherford doesn't come into the new place
and say, "OH YEAH! I can pee EVERYWHERE here!"

Yours sincerely,
Jim Hutchison and Rutherford the Brave

--
"...that simple light may rise out of complex darkness."
and don't forget to run like an antelope.

http://www.jimhutchison.com
http://music.jimhutchison.com

Old January 16th 05, 07:15 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , jimmy the LD at
wrote on 1/16/05 1:06 PM:

Hello all that helped me once on this newsgroup with a certain kitty
enjoying a pee on the floor a day... He's had his litterbox moved, and he
never peed there again. I recently went away on a business trip (about 8
days) and Rutherford was being looked in on once a day; when I returned
home, he peed across the room on a wall going outside, but it looks like he
did this once, and for attention.

Now I have a special situation for you cat-superheroes...

My girlfriend and I have broken up. I will be moving from this house into a
apartment and Rutherford will be alone there from time to time... HOW IN
THE WORLD do I make it so that Rutherford doesn't come into the new place
and say, "OH YEAH! I can pee EVERYWHERE here!"

Yours sincerely,
Jim Hutchison and Rutherford the Brave

Well first off, I would buy a couple of Feliway diffusers and put them in
even before you move your stuff in. Try to keep the box in a similar
location to where it was before. I would even add another in a different
room. I also, when moving tried to keep everything in a same orientation.
Cats sense direction. My cats were really out of whack until I moved my bed
to the same direction (headboard to the east) as the old apartment. Boom, a
LOT of things went back to normal. You can eventually change furniture
arrangements, but keeping things similar really helps. The main thing is to
keep him comfortable and a lot of "sameness". I would even bag up some
litter that has been used but scooped to put in the box again when you get
to the new place. Good luck!

Old January 16th 05, 07:23 PM
Mary

"jimmy the LD" wrote in message
Hello all that helped me once on this newsgroup with a certain kitty
enjoying a pee on the floor a day... He's had his litterbox moved

Hey Jimmy, a bit more detail, please! This is a common and terrible problem,
so we want to know where the box was moved to, etc.

,

Old January 16th 05, 07:43 PM
jimmy the LD

in previous posts, I had a problem with Rutherford peeing both in the
litterbox (which was in a shower in the guest bathroom) and we solved that
problem. Everything is okay there now.

Old January 16th 05, 07:44 PM
jimmy the LD

in previous posts, I had a problem with Rutherford peeing both in the
litterbox (which was in a shower in the guest bathroom) and we solved that
problem. Everything is okay there now.

peeing both on the floor and the litterbox, that is...

Old January 16th 05, 08:09 PM
Mary

"jimmy the LD" wrote in message
in previous posts, I had a problem with Rutherford peeing both in the
litterbox (which was in a shower in the guest bathroom) and we solved that
problem. Everything is okay there now.

When you said you moved the litterbox, I was curious, did you move
it to the place where he peed, another room, or what?

Old January 16th 05, 08:26 PM
jimmy the LD

to the place he peed

Old January 16th 05, 08:48 PM
Mary

"jimmy the LD" wrote in message
to the place he peed

Ahh, okay. That makes sense.

Old January 17th 05, 12:00 PM
M.C. Mullen

"jimmy the LD" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
| Hello all that helped me once on this newsgroup with a certain kitty
| enjoying a pee on the floor a day... He's had his litterbox moved, and he
| never peed there again. I recently went away on a business trip (about 8
| days) and Rutherford was being looked in on once a day; when I returned
| home, he peed across the room on a wall going outside, but it looks like
he
| did this once, and for attention.
|
| Now I have a special situation for you cat-superheroes...
|
| My girlfriend and I have broken up. I will be moving from this house into
| apartment and Rutherford will be alone there from time to time... HOW IN
| THE WORLD do I make it so that Rutherford doesn't come into the new place
| and say, "OH YEAH! I can pee EVERYWHERE here!"
|
| Yours sincerely,
| Jim Hutchison and Rutherford the Brave

How about spraying a bottle of 'no no don't pee here'-spray around the place
before he moves in?
(Available in pet shops.)
And how about seriously considering getting a companion for him?
I forgot: Is he neutered? If not - do it ASAP.

Carola

Old January 17th 05, 12:02 PM
M.C. Mullen

"Mary" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. com...

| "jimmy the LD" wrote in message
| to the place he peed
|

| Ahh, okay. That makes sense.

Erm, if I was you I would not take *that* carpet with me or anything he peed
on ...

Carola