"Missing Cat" Flyers delivered

Old July 18th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bev

Default "Missing Cat" Flyers delivered

"Joy" wrote in message
((((((((Yowie)))))))))

I hope she shows up and you get rid of your flu soon, so you feel better
both mentally and physically.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo
Dworken

"Yowie" wrote in message
Walked around the neighbourhood despite the 'flu to do a letterbox drop
of an A6 sized flyer (thats 1/4 of an A4) with Shadow's picture and my
contact details on it. I met a few people, but although they were very
sympathetic (even the big burley guy with the growling & barking rotties)
no-one had seen her.

Unfortunatley couldn't get to the front of the big retirement complex
that has its back in our street to do the letterboxes there - by the time
I'd done my street I was shaking & wobbly and dead-on-my-feet. What
gruesome timing for 'flu.

There's no roadkill anywhere, for which I am truly grateful. No 'found'
ads in the papers, the RSPCA hasn't got her (as far as they know... not
very helpful) and she hasn't been handed into the local vet. Thankfully
she is chipped but I hadn't thought of getting a collar for her, now I
really wish I did.

One neighbour did try to cheer me with a story of her cat coming home
after three months, no worse for wear, bless her, but there's that
growing feeling that she's gone...

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Purrs for you. Of all people I know exactly how you feel. I went
through all the emotions when searching for Ollie. Yes, ,many people told
me reassuring stories of cats returning after some time and yes, many were
true. You are doing everything that can be done, as I did. I would
suggest that you regularly check in with animal shelters. I found that
often when I checked that they had forgotten about Ollie and he could have
been there and me not knowing.

I also found when searching that I was contacted by other people who had
lost their cats and they asked me to look for theirs at the same time.
Keep an eye on newspaper lost and found ads from other people. Contact
them, they might have found your Shadow in their travels. I managed to
locate two other lost cats for people when searching for Ollie!
One woman in the next street had a cat living in the roof her garage for a
week. She couldn't get him down. I found he had been treated at a vet and
that his frantic owner who lived in the next street but one had gone from
house to house but had missed this house because the owner was out. I
heard about the reunion. When the cat's slave went in and said Tom Tom
Tom in a loud voice he raced down and nearly ate her. I felt so good about
doing something for another cat lover. I might add that the cat's slave
never even bothered to ring me and thank me for finding the cat but that's
life I guess, lol.

Bev

Old July 19th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"hopitus" wrote in message

Just to add my input to the chorus "don;t trust phone 411 from
shelters"....in
early May I was trying to adopt a cat I took out of the "for adoption"
cages
at nearest shelter. Can't believe indicative signs in the
place...turned out he
was "on hold" for vet care and shelter would not release for adoption.
I called
3 times and visited again once during next 2 weeks, waiting for
*their* shelter
vet to come. During this time period, which continued till last week
of May,
I learned that his "medical hold" (relief to me) was only for dental
cleaning and
extraction of several abcessed teeth. Also learned that vet (whom I
never saw)
had okayed his general health for adoption other than his teeth. Lo
and behold
the last week I called again (having been told to come adopt him and
take him
home that day) only to learn he was sent in a group for adoption up to
a PetCo
store north of metro Denver in an area I had never been to! Calling
the PetCo,
I learned that yes, he was there, and they would hold him till I got
there. It
turned out to my horror the PetCo was in a tiny area of a 'burb
enclosed and
surrounded by two major interstates, neither of which I drive on. None
of which
I learned from original shelter. I managed to find the PetCo, adopt
him, and he
and I found out we could not exit the tiny strip mall without sticking
ourselves
in heavy rushhour traffic on *both* the xways. *He* was happy in the
soft-sided
cat carrier I had brought for him, seatbelted beside me. I was
ballistic, calling
anyone's name I could think of in vain while trying to exit to my
merge to the
route heading south to home, but especially the left hand at shelter,
which so
obviously knows not what the right hand there doeth, LOL. Meaning
phone
411! Wholeheartedly advise NOT to phone shelters, much better results
by
accosting them in person.

***

This is true. However, that's rather difficult when one is ill, as Yowie
is.

Joy

Old July 19th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 19:19:43 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

[...]

GYFBH purrs coming your way, now that Mir has decided to come home.
Oh, and still keeping the candle lit for Tabitha, who has been missing
way to long.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old July 19th 09, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Yowie" wrote:
Walked around the neighbourhood despite the 'flu to do a letterbox drop of
an A6 sized flyer (thats 1/4 of an A4) with Shadow's picture and my contact
details on it. I met a few people, but although they were very sympathetic
(even the big burley guy with the growling & barking rotties) no-one had
seen her.

I hope that she's just enjoying a walkabout like Mir was, and comes
home!
Old July 19th 09, 07:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

wrote:

[...]

Oh, I do hope Shadow is hiding close by, and somebody who has seen a
flyer, will see her, and contact you, very soon.

Or, perhaps some kind person has taken her in, and when they see your
flier, will telephone you, and return her.

Sending purrs for both Shadow and for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old July 19th 09, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie skrev:
One neighbour did try to cheer me with a story of her cat coming home after
three months, no worse for wear, bless her, but there's that growing feeling
that she's gone...

I'm so sorry you're going through this, too, Yowie. Heartfelt purrs of
sympathy. I hope she shows up and asks for fudz just as nonchalantly as
Mir did.

--
Marina
Old July 20th 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On Jul 18, 5:19*am, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Many purrs and prayers for you and baby.

Big Boy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice, Ms. Blue
Belle and Cheddar