Tribute to Harri Roadcat (a year late) from her hoomin

Old October 7th 17, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Default Tribute to Harri Roadcat (a year late) from her hoomin

Dear kitties, doggies, and other species, I hope you won't mind an
interruption by a hoomin. When Jellicle Ball 2016 came around I wanted
to leave a tribute for Miss Harri Roadcat, but the pain was to fresh
and I couldn't do it. So I will do so now, with your permission.

When I was on the road in the big rig I made sure to keep up with RPCC
from my laptop. When Soft and Furry got adopted by a tony orange girl
kitten I was fascinated. When we learned that keeping this new girl
kitten would cause unnaceptable disturbance to the existing clowder, I
immediately thought "I can give that kitten a home!" Little did I know
the amount of effort it was going to take just to get dispatched out to
the Midwest, but it eventually did happen. I was thinking that I'd give
the tiny kitten a ride to Califormia. then integrate her into my
existing clowder.

Little did I know that this little kitten would rapidly take complete
ownership of my heart. I had no idea that cats could adapt so quickly
to walking on leash, but Harri sure did. Taking our twice-daily leash
walks was the highlight of most of my days. And seeing the amazed and
amused reactions of people we passed was equally rewarding.

I also had no idea that it was possible for a kitty to love to spend
hours straight lounging in my arms while I drove. That was such a
wonderful feeling.

When I came off the road and Jarri had to adapt to be a housecat, she
did so imediately. She still love to curl up for hours in my arms, just
while I was sitting on the sofa or in a chair. When I would come home
from a trying day at work, I would collapse on the sofa to relax for a
little bit. I could depend on having a chest full of orange girl kitten
within 2 or 3 minutes of sitting. She would hop up beside me, walk up
onto my chest, plop down and roll over on to her back with he head
tucked under my chin, and purrs my stresses away.

When I learned late in 2015 that Harri had a tumor on her kideny I was
devastated. I swore to give her the best life possible for the time she
had left. I would have done so even he hadn't previously saved my life.
Harri took remarkably well to sub-q fluids, and seemed to be holding up
pretty well. When she lost the battle on New Years Day, 2016 I was
crushed. I didn't think it was possible to ever experience that kind of
pain. WHen I lost my brother, I learned that in fact it is. But I still
go through periods when I find it very difficult to get by in a world
without a Harri Roadcat.

I love you, Harri Roadcat, and I miss you.

Old October 7th 17, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 6:56:34 PM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
[...]

P2nya dries her tears, and passes huer hanky on to her Meowmee. Both rememfurr adventures with Harry...
Old October 7th 17, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

[Sundance tears up at the memory of his beloved honorary sister]

Dat Harri wuz shur sumfing else.

Sundance
Old October 7th 17, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Iowna curls in and cries her own way. Her eye can't make tears but her
voice can make you feel them in your heart. With a low throb, slowly
joined by others, she morns her friend Harri.

I loved you Harri!
Your life,
Your vibrance,
your scent of love,
your care for all.

I miss you Harri!
Your being with me,
you vibrating by me,
your scent by me,
your care for all.

Iowna drops her head to a pillow of hankies,

Old October 8th 17, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

[...]

Pipps didn't know Harri too well, but her human mom are crying at the wonderful memories of Harri , Loves to Dan xx
Old October 8th 17, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

--

Pipps goes over to Iowna and lays her head on Iowa's head and they both cry in their own ways for the loss of Harri