A Pair of Cat's Names

Old May 7th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Weird Pet Names

On May 7, 6:32?am, Lisa Katt wrote:
Cheryl Perkins skrev:

I let a friend's child choose Mandy's name, and I just thought Betsy
looked like a Betsy (when I realized she wasn't a tom!) - solid, sensible,
calm.

The latest cat was named Moses by his rescuer, but I wanted to name him
Sam, partly as a reminder of another black tom I knew years ago who sadly
ended up at the bridge prematurely. He'd been named Satan, which I
disliked, but 'Sam' or 'Sammy' maintains the 'S' sound. I have a soft spot
for neglected tomcats whose roaming nature and tendency to spray tends to
cause thoughtless humans to discard them. Anyway, poor old Satan is long
gone, but I remember him sometimes when scritching the very
Biblically-named Sam/Moses.

I've mentioned Harry-the-Cat before - he's actually titled G - Sir Harry
Smudge The Cat - although he usually goes by simply 'Harry'.

I've noticed that it seems to be more commone these days to give pets
human names. I've always done it, and although I've known one or two
people who don't like the idea of an animal having a human name, I know
more who don't mind; some of whom would actually be honoured if a cat were
named after them!

--
Cheryl

I know an old man named Harry. He calls his cat Potter.
Elisabet- Hide quoted text -

Haha. One of our board members is 96 years old, his last name is
Nelson. His cat's name
is Mandela.

Sherry

Old May 7th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 7 May 2007 00:04:23 -0700, Tish yodeled:

On May 6, 12:19 pm, Kathy wrote:
All the talk about what your grandparents called you when you were a
kid, reminded me that my grandma always called us Squirgee and to this
day, I have no idea if it means anything,but I've called my
granddaughter that a couple times myself....
Kathy aka Squirgee...

My mother used to (and still does on occasion) call me "gogga" or
"goggoitjie", which is grub or "little grub" in Afrikaans (caterpillar-
type grub, not messy person, although both could equally apply). I'm
sure that had *nothing* to do with me becoming an entomologist!

Tish

That's adorable!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 7th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message
[...]

Somehow, some human names seem appropriate for pets, like Sam, Ben et al.
Other seems strange, like Julie, Valerie, Stephanie, Vanessa, Stephen, John,
Philip.
My friend had a Rottweiller called Valerie, ruined her street cred ;-)

Tweed

Old May 8th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default A Pair of Cat's Names

wrote in message
Christine K. wrote:

Irulan kirjoitti:

I don't know if this would upset anyone here, but
when I discovered that Lily's birthday (April 21)
was the same day as Hitler's, I went around the
house for about a week calling her my little Miss
Adolf Hitler.

Actually, Adolf Hitler was born on April 20, not April 21. I know this
because my dad's born on April 21 too, is half German and used to live
in what back then was Germany, but now belongs to Poland.

Well, if you think it's bad to share a birthday with Hitler, I
recently took a Stupid Internet Quiz (TM) called "Which Famous
Leader Are You?", and I came out as Adoph Hitler. Other people who
took the test were like Gandhi and Abe Lincoln and Einstein, and
I'm Hitler?? When someone else posted that their result was Saddam
Hussein, I felt much better.

In case you have a burning need to know which famous leader you a
http://similarminds.com/leader.html

I just took the test and I am Gandhi.

Tweed

Old May 8th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Somehow, some human names seem appropriate for pets, like Sam, Ben et al.
Other seems strange, like Julie, Valerie, Stephanie, Vanessa, Stephen, John,
Philip.
My friend had a Rottweiller called Valerie, ruined her street cred ;-)

I'm sure I've posted this before, but a friend of a friend named her cat
"Barbara". Definitely goes in your second category (IMO).

Joyce
Old May 8th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Mon, 7 May 2007 18:59:37 -0400, Christina Websell wrote:

Somehow, some human names seem appropriate for pets, like Sam, Ben et al.
Other seems strange, like Julie, Valerie, Stephanie, Vanessa, Stephen, John,
Philip.
My friend had a Rottweiller called Valerie, ruined her street cred ;-)

Tweed

LOL. I agree 100%. I had two cocker spaniels once (sorry to mention d*gs)
named Chuck and Mousse. Mousse was chocolate colored. I had to take him to
the vet once, and we were in the waiting room where they had these little
stalls you could sit in while waiting. They called my name, and I got up and
said (loudly enough for all to hear, unfortunately) "C'mon, Mousse; it's our
turn."

Everyone in the waiting room looked over to see what kind of huge, mongo dog
was going in for a checkup... why else would he be named "Moose"?

When he came around into view, in all his spaniel fluffiness and big-eared
cuteness, the room burst into laughter.

I had long since given up explaining that it was "Mousse, like the dessert;
not Moose, like antlers."

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old May 8th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
Christine K. wrote:

Irulan kirjoitti:

[...]

I took the test, and depending on the number of questions, I'm either
Lincoln, Hitler or Einstein. Lincoln came up twice.

Joy

Old May 8th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
My friend had a Rottweiller called Valerie, ruined her street cred ;-)

Tweed

Now in that case I gotta agree, a poor choice of name is an insult to an
animal.

Jo

Old May 8th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

I took the test, and depending on the number of questions, I'm either
Lincoln, Hitler or Einstein. Lincoln came up twice.

Oh, yeah - I tried changing the number of questions. Hitler, no matter
what.

Joyce

What a pair! Pat Cat anecdotes 3 March 7th 07 02:56 PM
Are your cat's names on the list? Flippy Cat anecdotes 23 November 24th 06 06:07 PM
Sacramento, CA: PAIR OF BEAUTIES - CATS Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi Cat rescue 0 January 30th 05 01:51 PM
Your Cat's Names Rob Riemensnyder Cat anecdotes 144 May 27th 04 08:11 PM
Meowmie bought another pair of shoes... Marina Cat anecdotes 28 May 9th 04 08:21 AM