Kittens left to die

Old June 2nd 04, 11:32 PM
James Marz

Default Kittens left to die

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/Content...A34%3A43%3A723

Fury as kittens left to die

June 1, 2004 22:34

FURIOUS bosses of an animal charity have today put a price on the head
of a callous cat owner who left five tiny kittens to die at the edge
of a busy dual carriageway.

The four surviving bundles of fur are beginning new lives today after
they were cruelly left to face certain death at an industrial estate
on the edge of the A14.

This despicable act of cruelty came just a day after the RSPCA
revealed a puppy died after being flung from a motorway bridge into
traffic.

The Labrador mongrel's legs were taped together and its mouth taped
shut before it was tossed on to the M66 in Greater Manchester last
week.

The vulnerable kittens were rescued after being heartlessly dumped in
a bush, surviving many hours without food or warmth from their mother.

Curiosity had already claimed the life of their sibling who was hit by
a vehicle on the busy dual carriageway, and it would not have been
long before the others suffered a similar fate.

The site at Ransomes Europark, where the kittens were left to fend for
themselves is almost exactly the same location where three others were
found abandoned a couple of years ago.

The coincidence has prompted speculation that the same cruel person
may be responsible for both shameful acts.

The three black kittens and their tortoiseshell sibling were found
starving and dehydrated near Ansaback, in Melford Court, last Thursday
..

As traffic raced by on the busy A14 another tortoiseshell kitten lay
squashed just yards away.

Fortunately the kittens were discovered when Ansaback employees heard
cries coming from a nearby bush and found the defenceless youngsters,
small enough to be held in one hand, crying for their mother without
even a blanket for comfort.

The kittens were taken inside and placed in a box with paper for
warmth while one of the workers phoned a friend who worked for Cats
Protection.

Claire Barker was off duty at the time of the call not but could not
resist going to help out.

The 24-year-old, of Burrell Road, said: "They were all skin and bone
and had probably been dumped in the morning or the night before
because they were not very dirty. They were squeaking for their mummy
and can't have been more than four weeks old. They were tiny and
nearly brought me to tears."

"I can't believe someone would act this irresponsibly. People that
have cats should have them neutered and if they can't afford to keep
them properly then they should not have them."

But the adorable felines soon found themselves new homes despite the
face that they will need to be hand-reared requiring almost constant
attention.

Their cute faces melted the hearts of many employees, and after they
were given a clean bill of by a vet they went off to their new homes.

Judy Mills, co-ordinator of the Ipswich branch of Cats Protection,
said: "We are offering £100 reward for information leading to the
prosecution of the cruel and heartless owner."

"All they had to do was ring us and we would have helped them.

"The location is also exactly the same place where we found three
other kittens a couple of years ago so it maybe that the same persons
cat has had another litter."

If anyone has any information they should contact Cats Protection on
Ipswich 690084.

Cats protection will be offering another course of free neutering
later in the year to try and cut down the number of unwanted kittens
born.

What do you think? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower
Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail
or visit the forum at
www.eveningstar.co.uk
Old June 4th 04, 09:21 AM
Dicky

I hope they find that " owner ".
How could they do that.
read my webplace about helping dumped motherless kittens
http://www.geocities.com/turbo502002/index-en.html
Dicky

"James Marz" schreef in bericht
om...

.

Old June 5th 04, 04:08 AM
Dennis Carr

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:21:28 +0200, Dicky wrote:

I hope they find that " owner ".
How could they do that.

James Marz/Mars/whatever is a troll. Please don't feed him.

--
Dennis Carr - KE6ISF | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.