Ping Bridget and such

Old December 21st 04, 01:42 PM
GraceCat

Default Ping Bridget and such

Bleh... What a nice ending to my year, LOL. I've had a root canal done, or
we're in the process of one. My dentist prefers to do a root canal in steps
if it's absessed. Thursday was drilling/reaming and draining. Yesterday I
went back to have the root drained of excess absess fluid with a long
slender wick type fabric inserted all the way up to.. well... "wick" away
moisture so that he could push a medicated gauze into place and finish out
with a temp filling. In three weeks hopefully he'll fit me for a crown, fill
the root cavitity and send me home with another temp filling until the crown
arrives/is made or whatever.

So hence, I haven't been up for phone calls. And it's family bs too. And
bah. I've turned into an anti-social hermit again. The vicodin is pretty
nice though.

I discovered a new hobby. An EXPENSIVE hobby, beading. I've always loved the
beaded jewelry and looking at small fashionable boutiques, the prices were
OMG high. I made my father's girlfriend (parental divorce yippee) a necklace
that Dad oohed and ahhed over. He said she'll love it. And I really like her
alot. Mom's sporting a new diamond ring from her guy and he makes her happy
so that makes him acceptable too *grin*. (more on them later) I'm head over
heels for beading. I've turned out a few necklaces for myself that have
grabbed several favorable comments and even Jody is feels that my hobby as
expensive as it can be is justified because it's saving money in the long
run (jewelry prices remember) and it's something I get alot of enjoyment out
of doing.

The cats are doing ok. Jody's ****ed as hell at Glitter (formerly
Magnolia/Maggie). She prefers his open laptop as her napping spot and last
night he spent an hour setting his computer back to rights. I'm holding out
hope for her. I love her, she's gorgeous and very sweet in her own way. But
she looks like she's not a children/dogs cat. I think she'd fit in better
with a nice middleaged couple with another cat. She has a forever home, no
doubt about that at all. But I think we'll keep an eye out for a home that
may fit her better. It's not that I don't want a skittish cat, I'm more
concerned why she's skittish and is she unhappy with a six year old and a
dog. She won't return to the shelter, or anything of the sort. The absolute
best scenario is that she becomes less skittish and more cuddly. And... she
gets along with Luna. And Luna is, I'm ashamed to admit it, the feline baby
of our family. Even Jody invites her onto the couch when he's watching tv,
misses it when she's not got her head stuck into his shoe in the mornings
when he tries to put them on. (read: putting shoes on with daddy is a daily
thing) She's just, absolutely fantastically lovable and so very sweet. What
brought Jody over originally is that Eve adored Luna. We adopted Luna in
August when we were discussing seperation/divorce v/s staying together. He
adopted her as a gift to me, I guess as a way of saying that a kitten was
important to me and it's too small of a silly thing to argue etc etc. Yeah,
I'm cheap let me adopt a cat and I'll consider your request *grin*. It was a
bit more involved than that but I like to tell people Luna was Jody's return
to Grace (pun intended). Which is something we both consider a true gift.
The last days of Eve's life was filled with joy and love because we were
talking and getting along better than we had in months... (Luna is a silver
tabby with seagreen eyes, Glitter is jet black, golden eyes... 16 months and
8 months old) Oddly, Mutt tolerates Luna to the point of coexisting in the
bed with her, but doesn't tolerate Glitter quite as well. Adding to this,
Eve was the only *only* child Mutt tolerated and Eve adored Luna to pieces.
Ever see a two year old drag a full grown cat around? She'd purr nonstop.

Back to cats. Our Christmas tree will never be the same. It's Glitter's
favorite place to hang out because the low branches sweep the floor and
she's black, in a black hole etc... instant camoflouge! And trust me, that
girl does love to blend. Every once in a while it'll wobble and shake,
giving a "Whomping Tree" (Harry Potter) impression before ejecting two cats.
I love it. I'm also glad I invested in nice *plastic* ornaments when Eve was
a baby. They're not used in quite the exact way I imagined but still very
similar to their original reason. My tapestry covered seat/sofa thingie is
shredded on one side, Luna can't keep softpaws on her to save the world and
I've about decided we need to decide against any leather furniture. Fabric
can be repaired with minimal notice afterwards. Leather would show more. Ah
well Interestingly, Glitter doesn't scratch much. and forget scratching
posts. That's a strictly cat piece of furniture, of course they're not going
to use it, what was I thinking?

.... Mom/Dad, their SO's and our grief therapy next up. My vicodin is kicking
in and a hot bath is finished running.

Gracie

Old December 21st 04, 03:31 PM
Pat

It's good to hear from you again. Glad you are coping so well. I'd almost
rather die than have a root canal.

You mentioned Luna's tolerance of being dragged around. Is she a ragdoll? I
think they allow almost anything.

My tuxedo (beloved Whitefoot, RB) would let the d*gs drag him around and
shake him like he was a dead rabbit, and he purred the whole time too.

Old December 21st 04, 06:06 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "GraceCat"
wrote:

... Mom/Dad, their SO's and our grief therapy next up. My vicodin is kicking
in and a hot bath is finished running.

Gracie

Root canal purrs and calming purrs for Glitter.
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old December 21st 04, 09:29 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs, best wishes and hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"GraceCat" wrote in message
Bleh... What a nice ending to my year, LOL. I've had a root canal done, or
we're in the process of one. snip