Sassy dosen't feel well

Old April 20th 05, 02:42 PM
KittyLady

Default Sassy dosen't feel well

I use to wear white Diamonds Purfume, until the vet and I fiqured out
that there was something in it that Sassy was allergic to. When i would
wear it she would sneeze, cough and have runny eyes. Well to get to my
point my pastor and wife came for a visit last night (my youngest is
getting over chicken pox) and I noticed that Sassy's eyes were watering
and that she was starting to sneeze. Turns out that the pastors wife
was wearing that same purfume. Sassy being the love bug that she is was
not happy when I shut her up in the master bath (and rightfully took it
out on the TP). My baby is still feeling pretty funky (sneezing alot
and has itchy looking eyes).
So was I rude to have asked my company to leave?
I did email my vet but he says for me to watch her for any signs of
infection but more than likely it would clear on its own. So does
anyone here have any suggestions for getting my love bug past this?
P.S. My living room still reaks of the purfume.

Skritches and Sniffles,
KittyLady and Sassy

Old April 20th 05, 02:52 PM
Dan M

So was I rude to have asked my company to leave?

Absolutely not! Some humans (like me) are allergic to lots of perfumes,
so it's pretty much common courtesy to wear very little or no perfume
when visiting others.

Dan

Old April 20th 05, 02:54 PM

KittyLady wrote:
[...]

If your pastor's wife came over last night, and this morning your LR
still reeks of perfume, she was wearing *wayy* too much. I don't have a
sense of smell, so that's my worst fear--that I'm going to be walking
around smelling like a French cathouse and be totally oblivious. I
would want someone to tell me, in a kind way of course. Raise some
windows, and get that stink outta there!!
Purrs for Sassy's little nose.

Sherry

Old April 20th 05, 02:58 PM

Dan M wrote:
So was I rude to have asked my company to leave?

Absolutely not! Some humans (like me) are allergic to lots of

perfumes,
so it's pretty much common courtesy to wear very little or no perfume

when visiting others.

Dan

Which reminds me of an "etiquette" rule from my mother a bout a hundred
years ago. (Does anybody remember when they taught etiquette in high
school to the girls? LOL) "No one should be able to smell your perfume
unless they are invading your personal space. Your perfume should never
invade theirs. "

Sherry

Old April 20th 05, 03:02 PM
Karen

"KittyLady" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Wow, if your living room STILL reeks of perfume, the lady was wearing way
too much. Since Sassy is sensative to that she is probably sensative to
other things. I"d be careful of scented candles, air fresheners etc. And I
can highly recommend those stand alone HEPA air filters that you can get at
Target and similar stores. I have a Holmes 650. Works great.

Old April 20th 05, 03:08 PM
Dan M

If your pastor's wife came over last night, and this morning your LR
still reeks of perfume, she was wearing *wayy* too much. I don't have a
sense of smell, so that's my worst fear--that I'm going to be walking
around smelling like a French cathouse and be totally oblivious. I
would want someone to tell me, in a kind way of course. Raise some
windows, and get that stink outta there!!

From one scent-challenged catperson to another, having no sense of
smell sucks, doesn't it? When I have to go a couple days between truck
stops with showers I'm always afraid that my BO will stink from 50 feet
away without my being aware of it.

Dan
Old April 20th 05, 03:09 PM
Dan M

Which reminds me of an "etiquette" rule from my mother a bout a hundred
years ago. (Does anybody remember when they taught etiquette in high
school to the girls? LOL) "No one should be able to smell your perfume
unless they are invading your personal space. Your perfume should never
invade theirs. "

I like that! What an elegant way to express it.

Dan
Old April 20th 05, 03:11 PM
KittyLady

Unfortunately I think society has forgotten what common courtesy is!

Skritches & Sniffles,
KittyLady and Sassy

Old April 20th 05, 03:14 PM
CatNipped

"KittyLady" wrote in message
oups.com...
I use to wear white Diamonds Purfume, until the vet and I fiqured out
that there was something in it that Sassy was allergic to. When i would
wear it she would sneeze, cough and have runny eyes. Well to get to my
point my pastor and wife came for a visit last night (my youngest is
getting over chicken pox) and I noticed that Sassy's eyes were watering
and that she was starting to sneeze. Turns out that the pastors wife
was wearing that same purfume. Sassy being the love bug that she is was
not happy when I shut her up in the master bath (and rightfully took it
out on the TP). My baby is still feeling pretty funky (sneezing alot
and has itchy looking eyes).

Aw, poor baby!

So was I rude to have asked my company to leave?

LOL! I doubt you will find anybody here who thinks so!!!

I did email my vet but he says for me to watch her for any signs of
infection but more than likely it would clear on its own. So does
anyone here have any suggestions for getting my love bug past this?

Sorry, no suggestions, but purring hard that she will feel better soon.

P.S. My living room still reaks of the purfume.

Ew!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Skritches and Sniffles,
KittyLady and Sassy

Old April 20th 05, 03:15 PM

Dan M wrote:
If your pastor's wife came over last night, and this morning your

LR
still reeks of perfume, she was wearing *wayy* too much. I don't

have a
sense of smell, so that's my worst fear--that I'm going to be

walking
around smelling like a French cathouse and be totally oblivious. I
would want someone to tell me, in a kind way of course. Raise some
windows, and get that stink outta there!!

From one scent-challenged catperson to another, having no sense of
smell sucks, doesn't it? When I have to go a couple days between

truck
stops with showers I'm always afraid that my BO will stink from 50

feet
away without my being aware of it.

Dan

It does. I am always paranoid about the litterbox and constantly asking
people if the house smells like I have cats. Or asking DH if the milk
smells bad. On the positive side, I can clean up *anything* and never
gag.
Sherry

I feel so much better! Baby Eyes Cat anecdotes 33 September 20th 04 06:25 PM
i feel so guilty cati Cat anecdotes 4 April 23rd 04 02:15 AM
Berfert Don't Feel So Good Tanada Cat anecdotes 23 November 14th 03 02:20 AM
Hairballs: Persia doesn't feel good ? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 8 September 28th 03 09:40 PM
I should feel honoured but I don't catsruleok Cat anecdotes 20 August 21st 03 06:35 AM