Sassy dosen't feel well

Old April 20th 05, 03:17 PM
KittyLady

Karen,
I agree she was wearing way to much. I have the windows open (its 76
degrees here) and a fan running. The only candles I burn are apple and
cinnamon ones. I tell you my pastors wife was very displeased about
being asked to leave. She did not understand that my Sassy is treated
just like a human family member and did not find it amusing when I told
her that Sassy should not have to suffer in her own home.

Skritches & Sniffles,
KittyLady & Sassy

Old April 20th 05, 03:19 PM
Dan M

I agree she was wearing way to much. I have the windows open (its 76
degrees here) and a fan running. The only candles I burn are apple and
cinnamon ones. I tell you my pastors wife was very displeased about
being asked to leave. She did not understand that my Sassy is treated
just like a human family member and did not find it amusing when I told
her that Sassy should not have to suffer in her own home.

If she's the wife of a pastor then she should understand about
allergies, whether it's in humans or felines. And if she doesn't
understand about not making a pet suffer, then I would question her
sensitivity in general.
Old April 20th 05, 03:27 PM
KittyLady

Miss Sassy He

On da yesterday my meowmie friends come to see the kid hoomine (meowmie
says she has chickens, but I don't see them, but she hav lots of red
dot geeblings on her, an her not play wit me). Da lady waz stinky and
make me feel bad. But meowmie make it worst by closing me in da baf.
Now da stinky lady is gone and I still smell her. How rude!
Sniffles,
Sassy

Old April 20th 05, 03:28 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

KittyLady wrote:
I use to wear white Diamonds Purfume, until the vet and I fiqured out
that there was something in it that Sassy was allergic to. When i

would
wear it she would sneeze, cough and have runny eyes. Well to get to

my
point my pastor and wife came for a visit last night (my youngest is
getting over chicken pox) and I noticed that Sassy's eyes were

watering
and that she was starting to sneeze. Turns out that the pastors wife
was wearing that same purfume. Sassy being the love bug that she is

was
not happy when I shut her up in the master bath (and rightfully took

it
out on the TP). My baby is still feeling pretty funky (sneezing alot
and has itchy looking eyes).
So was I rude to have asked my company to leave?
I did email my vet but he says for me to watch her for any signs of
infection but more than likely it would clear on its own. So does
anyone here have any suggestions for getting my love bug past this?
P.S. My living room still reaks of the purfume.

Skritches and Sniffles,
KittyLady and Sassy

Awwww, poor little thing. I have always taken to heart my mother's
advice, a touch of perfume behind the ears and a touch on the wrist
(only one, rub it to the other one). Never seemed to bother anyone,
and I used to work with several highly allergic people. Anyway...

For my own allergies, I've found that steam helps clear it up. You
might try putting a humidifier in the bathroom with the kitty (I've got
a warm mist one). Not sure why it works, but it does.

Had a cat once (Piewackett, RB) who was allergic to human dander, and
just prior to his monthly shot, he'd start sneezing and "blowing snot".
I used a humidifier with him and it seemed to work wonders (helped his
breathing too). Worth a try if you have a warm mist one.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old April 20th 05, 03:34 PM
KittyLady

I have one of the humidifiers that they gave to my husband last year at
the hospital do you think that would help or just maybe turning on the
hot shower in the bathroom?

Skritches,
KittyLady
P.S the shower has full doors so she would not be able to get in the
ho****er.

Old April 20th 05, 03:44 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

KittyLady wrote:
I have one of the humidifiers that they gave to my husband last year

at
the hospital do you think that would help or just maybe turning on

the
hot shower in the bathroom?

Skritches,
KittyLady
P.S the shower has full doors so she would not be able to get in the
ho****er.

If the bathroom is small enough, the hot water running in the shower
would work just as well. Don't leave her in there too long with it
that way though, that produces alot of steam in a very short time. I'd
think less than 5 minutes (water running) depending on the size of the
bathroom, then turn it off and allow the steam to settle (don't want
her overheating). You may want to sit in there with her, since the
sound of the shower might scare her if she's alone.

When one of my little beasties has a cold, I'll have them in the
bathroom (except Smokie, the snot) while I shower, but that isn't
completely hot water. Smokie isn't allowed in the bathroom cuz showers
are fun, and she likes jumping on my head (ever tried explaining
*those* scratches to a doctor?).

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old April 20th 05, 04:31 PM
Karen

"KittyLady" wrote in message
ups.com...
Karen,
I agree she was wearing way to much. I have the windows open (its 76
degrees here) and a fan running. The only candles I burn are apple and
cinnamon ones. I tell you my pastors wife was very displeased about
being asked to leave. She did not understand that my Sassy is treated
just like a human family member and did not find it amusing when I told
her that Sassy should not have to suffer in her own home.

Skritches & Sniffles,
KittyLady & Sassy

Hmm. Well, you could say it is *you* that have the allergies. At any rate,
she was in the wrong as she should not have been wearing that much perfume
at all.

Old April 20th 05, 05:24 PM
Melissa Houle

Dan M wrote in message ...
Which reminds me of an "etiquette" rule from my mother a bout a hundred
years ago. (Does anybody remember when they taught etiquette in high
school to the girls? LOL) "No one should be able to smell your perfume
unless they are invading your personal space. Your perfume should never
invade theirs. "

I like that! What an elegant way to express it.

Dan

I do too. I wish some of the members of the public would use LESS perfume.
I'm not especially sensitive or allergenic, but a blast of too-sweet cheapo
perfume can definitely invade one's airspace. Even good perfume can quickly
feel like "too much " when used with abandon. At work, we're told when in
doubt, don't use perfume, as we serve the public, and we never know if we
might serve a person who IS allergic.

Melissa

Old April 20th 05, 08:50 PM
Enfilade

So was I rude to have asked my company to leave?
I did email my vet but he says for me to watch her for any signs of
infection but more than likely it would clear on its own. So does
anyone here have any suggestions for getting my love bug past this?
P.S. My living room still reaks of the purfume.

I have a sense of smell that rivals my cats', and when I was allergic
to wheat, the smell of a bakery would make me vomit. One day the
teacher served cookies in class and I had to excuse myself to go to
the bathroom to vomit, and spent the rest of the class next to the
garbage pail as the lingering smell continued to make me ill.

Basically, I think that since the perfume makes your cat ill, you are
justified in asking your pastor's wife to leave, providing you did so
politely, and that you explained why (so that next time she visits she
can avoid wearing it). If she is offended, well, she isn't the one
dealing with a sick cat, so tough titty said the kitty.

***

Personally I love to wear fragrance, but once I learned that fragrance
can make people ill, I now do not wear it to school or work. I
sincerely hope my underarm-deodorant doesn't affect people that way (I
have one kind that smells like berries, another that is a body spray)
and so I hope that unless people have their noses in my pitties, they
won't be bothered....but then again, I could smell a cookie across a
room back in the day.

Oddly, now that I am no longer allergic, I do not notice the
baking-smell nearly so much, because it is no longer oppressive. I
can eat donuts, cake, sandwiches, etc now but I still have no desire
to do so...I just don't find the taste appealing, and as for things
like dutchies, I find them downright nasty.

--Fil
Old April 20th 05, 10:47 PM
Gabey8

[[ Miss Sassy He

On da yesterday my meowmie friends come to see the kid hoomine (meowmie
says she has chickens, but I don't see them, but she hav lots of red
dot geeblings on her, an her not play wit me). Da lady waz stinky and
make me feel bad. But meowmie make it worst by closing me in da baf.
Now da stinky lady is gone and I still smell her. How rude!
Sniffles,
Sassy ]]

Hi, Sassy! Captain and Stanley here. You sound like our Meowmie. She gets
the sneezies and says it's because Al R. Jeez is visiting. We can't see
him, but Meowmy insists he's here. She said someone named Paul N. brings
him, and Paul N. comes from flowers.

We can't see Paul N., either. Meowmy said he's in the air. We didn't know
hoomins could fly. (Unless you give them a Cold Wet Nose on their bare
foot while they're sleeping. Then hoomins fly real well, heeheehee!)

Anyway, Paul N. and Al R. Jeez are annoying to Meowmy and they make her
sneeze, so she doesn't like when they're around. That's when she thinks
about inviting Auntie Hiss Tamine to get rid of them. But we don't know
what SHE looks like, either, since we can't see her when Meowmy says she's
here. Meowmy also says the auntie makes her sleepy, so she doesn't like to
invite Auntie Hiss Tamine. But she says that sometimes, that's the only
way to get rid of Paul N. and Al R. Jeez.

But if you get a lot of visits from Al R. Jeez, maybe your Meowmy can call
Auntie Hiss Tamine for you. Maybe she can ask TED to figure out if the
auntie visits kitties. You never know.

Purrs for you to feel better,

Captain and Stanley

I feel so much better! Baby Eyes Cat anecdotes 33 September 20th 04 06:25 PM
i feel so guilty cati Cat anecdotes 4 April 23rd 04 02:15 AM
Berfert Don't Feel So Good Tanada Cat anecdotes 23 November 14th 03 02:20 AM
Hairballs: Persia doesn't feel good ? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 8 September 28th 03 09:40 PM
I should feel honoured but I don't catsruleok Cat anecdotes 20 August 21st 03 06:35 AM