Frank's not feeling well

Old August 12th 05, 02:50 PM
Marina

Default Frank's not feeling well

This happens every time we get back from the island. Frank doesn't feel
too good for a few days. But this time he's been under the weather for
nearly a week. He has an upset tummy. It started before I brought home
Caliban, so I don't think that's the reason. I made an appointment for
him at the same time I'm taking Caliban in on Tuesday.

One thing I know is that he's not getting enough of his hyperthyroidism
meds. He's been refusing to eat his kidney diet food lately, and I've
given him the same meat as I give Miranda, but I can't mix the meds in
that, and so I've had to give them with the syringe. And Frank fights
the syringe really hard, and when I manage to squirt some into his
mouth, he just closes his mouth and lets the stuff trickle out between
his lips. Hyperthyroidism can cause a runny tummy, so I'm hoping that's
all it is. Poor boy, I can see he's not feeling very well. He hides
furthest back in the sauna, where I can't reach him and cuddle him, so I
mostly leave him alone. He's very unforgiving when I give him meds with
the syringe, so he doesn't want me near him anyway. I miss my darling boy!

I hope I haven't made a terrible mistake in moving and taking in
Caliban. I hope Frank's problems aren't due to stress because of these
changes, but to the lack of meds. That can be remedied. He doesn't seem
stressed by Caliban. They touch noses and warble softly to each other
when they meet, and otherwise mostly just ignore each other. He didn't
seem stressed when we first ame to the new place, he just immediately
adopted the sauna as his preferred sleeping place. I can't really enjoy
Caliban's company when I worry so much about Frankie.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old August 12th 05, 03:36 PM
Nan

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:50:12 +0300, Marina
wrote:

[...]

Purrs are on the way for Frank to start feeling like himself again,
and that all it is a lack of his hyperthyroid medicine. Poor little
guy doesn't realize that his meowmy is just trying to make him feel
better when she tries to give him the nasty medicine. Could you mix
it in a little bit of baby meat to tempt his appetite?

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan
Old August 12th 05, 03:37 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
I hope I haven't made a terrible mistake in moving and taking in
Caliban. I hope Frank's problems aren't due to stress because of these

I think it's just Frank's normal reaction to being back from the island,
enhanced a bit by the lack of proper medication.

changes, but to the lack of meds. That can be remedied. He doesn't seem
stressed by Caliban. They touch noses and warble softly to each other
when they meet, and otherwise mostly just ignore each other. He didn't

I think Caliban is a good thing for Frank, actually.

seem stressed when we first ame to the new place, he just immediately
adopted the sauna as his preferred sleeping place. I can't really enjoy
Caliban's company when I worry so much about Frankie.

We're sending lots of purrs for Frank to take his medicine and feel
better soon. Perhaps it might be worthwhile to try some Rescue Remedy to
help Frank deal with any stress he might have.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 12th 05, 04:27 PM
Karen

I wonder if you compounded the meds if it would help. I think there are
places that will mix them into fish oil. Or maybe you have tried that? Purrs
for Frank to be feeling better soon.

Old August 12th 05, 04:28 PM
Adrian

Marina wrote:
[...]

Poor Frank. Lots of purrs for him to feel better soon. Maybe he's a bit
upset at leaving the island again, obviously he's happy there and
probably doesn't understand why he can't stay there.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 12th 05, 04:48 PM
Irulan

Purrs and prayers that Franki is just off his food and meds for a while.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old August 12th 05, 04:53 PM
Dan M

I hope I haven't made a terrible mistake in moving and taking in
Caliban. I hope Frank's problems aren't due to stress because of these
changes, but to the lack of meds. That can be remedied. He doesn't seem
stressed by Caliban. They touch noses and warble softly to each other
when they meet, and otherwise mostly just ignore each other. He didn't
seem stressed when we first ame to the new place, he just immediately
adopted the sauna as his preferred sleeping place. I can't really enjoy
Caliban's company when I worry so much about Frankie.

It sure sounds like it's due to not taking his meds. I suspect that he
likes having the new boykitty around - it sure sounds like they're getting
along well. We'll be sending our best purrs that Frank gets to feeling
better soon.

Old August 12th 05, 05:26 PM
JBHajos

wrote:

This happens every time we get back from the island. Frank doesn't feel
too good for a few days. But this time he's been under the weather for
nearly a week. He has an upset tummy.

Oh, my, we surely hope Frank feels better soonest, and hope the vet
gives him a clean bill-of-health next Tuesday. Purrs on their way.

Jeanne
Old August 12th 05, 06:41 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:50:12 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

[...]

Frankie, Frankie! Get well, and stop worrying your mama! Purring for
you all.

Theresa
Old August 12th 05, 07:03 PM
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

I'm sure you haven't made a mistake in bring Caliban home, or moving (love
the name, btw)
Lots of purrs that Frankie's poor tummy will settle soon. He doesn't sound
stressed from what you've said.

Tweed
KFC & BF