Where does your kitty like to hide?

Old June 7th 04, 11:03 PM
Kreisleriana

Default Where does your kitty like to hide?

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:59:58 -0400 (EDT), "Tigger"
yodeled:

When Cali was younger she liked to play hide and seek.

We have a dresser that has the drawers raised 6" off the floor, with a
scalloped front covering the space. This leaves a perfect space for a
devious cat to hide, as we found out. One day we were calling Cali for
about half an hour with no luck. Finally we saw this nose moving back
and forth under the dresser. I just know she was killing herself
laughing. Stupid Hoomins.

Smokey doesn't play hide and seek, but loves to den up to sleep. When
we first got her we kept her in a small room at night, away from Cali.
The first morning we opened the door to let her out, but there was no
Smokey to be found. There was nothing in the room but an ironing board,
her litter an an old TV. We finally discovered that the old TV had a
small hole in the base of the cabinet.

Smokey also likes to sleep under the comforter on the bed, with or
without people. She gets under the comforter on the floor and then
jumps on the bed with the comforter on top of her. She then burrows
around until she finds a good spot. If the bed is made, she usually
ends up between the pillows. Took us a while to find her the first
time.

My cats never hid. Why should they? They own the house.
When I first brought tiny Mimi (RB) home, she hid under my bed, and
other furniture for a day or two, then came out, and started running
things right away. Stinky never hid from day one.

Theresa

Old June 8th 04, 03:10 AM
Dan M

Sammy likes to crawl under the bed and get on top of the storage boxes
there. Amelia likes to get down behind the couch. We still haven't found
Tabitha's hiding place. When she goes into hiding she if untraceable!
We've scoured the entire house and still haven't found where she gets
off to.

Old June 8th 04, 03:19 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", CATherine
artfully composed this
message within news 07 Jun 2004:

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:59:58 -0400 (EDT), "Tigger"
wrote:

Bonnie hides under my bed. If someone comes in the house, she is
gone. My mother, so far, is the only person who comes over and
Bonnie doesn't completely hide; she'll go to my bedroom and wait to
see if she really needs to hide.

Shamrock doesn't normally hide, but lately since I put him and
Bonnie downstairs when I go to work to keep Shadow from stressing,
he will go to the den where one of the litterboxes is in the
morning when I go looking for him.

Shadow never hides, but if he does, he is really not feeling well.
Last year I came home late one night and couldn't find him
anywhere. For an hour I searched, ran outside calling in case he
got out, and finally found him in a swivel chair that was facing
the wall, in the dark. Not like him to not come when called. Now
his "hidey spot" is under the dining room table, but I wouldn't
call that hiding. He probably does, though.

--
Cheryl

Old June 8th 04, 03:56 AM
badwilson

Vino likes to hide in high up places. He sleeps on top of our wardrobe in
the bedroom, there isn't that much room between the top and the ceiling. We
also have a tall shelf in the living room on top of which he likes to hide.
Often I'll be looking for him and happen to look up and there he is, doing
his gargoyle impression by hanging his head and paws over the edge :-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

"Tigger" wrote in message
news:bm9ueW1vdXo=.ecf3316ef1be5ed07483c487a8eeb769 @1086645598.nulluser.com..
..
[...]

A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM
kitty vs puss Brenda Cat anecdotes 30 January 26th 04 04:28 PM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 09:48 PM