playing detective: how high can a cat pee?

Old June 24th 04, 10:45 PM
Lyne

Default playing detective: how high can a cat pee?

I just found that one of my critters has pee'd all over a stack of
stuff in plastic baskets that was sitting on the hardwood floor in my
dining room (ok, storage room). There was a plastic grocery bag on
top of the pile at a height of about 18" that had pee puddled in its
creases and there was pee in the bottom of each plastic basket.

I want to know which animal did this so I can address it in some way.

I have 5 dogs and 3 cats. One dog, a male, is tall enough to pee that
high but is a very laid-back guy. He goes in and out the doggie door
without any problems and would only balk if there were a thunderstorm,
which there is not. I don't think it was him.

Two of the cats are very easygoing and I see them using the litter box
all of the time. The third is a bit neurotic. He is a neutered male
about 5 years old. I have had him about a year. This will sound
crazy but I got him from someone who gave him up because he would not
adjust to their new puppy. He didn't do very well here at first
(where I was sure my easygoing dogs would be no problem) but has come
around alot. (I actually tried to give him back within 2 weeks but
they had moved already.) Tyson walks through the room all of the time
and rubs up against the dogs, sits on the stairs and watches us, meows
at me -alot-, and loves for me to come in -his- room to pet him.
However, if I try to carry him in to where we are watching tv he won't
stay, and if I try to pet him when he is on the stairs (frequently
meowing at me) he just runs up to his room. When I first got him he
did a round of peeing and pooping on my clothes. So, Tyson is the
more obvious perpetrator.

What do you think? Can a medium-sized adult male (neutered) cat pee
18" high?

Thanks!

Remove SPAMDEFENSE in address to reply.

Old June 25th 04, 01:45 AM
Mary

What do you think? Can a medium-sized adult male (neutered) cat pee
18" high?

Yep. I'm sure you can smell the difference between cat and dog pee so you can
tell if it's the cat. It sounds like Tyson. I have a guy who can pee two feet
easily.

Old June 25th 04, 03:58 AM
MacCandace

What do you think? Can a medium-sized adult male (neutered) cat pee
18" high?

Thanks!

I would say no. But could he have gotten on top of the pile of "stuff" and
peed on the bag and it ran all over the stuff?

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)