What are these little crawly things?

Old July 19th 04, 01:33 PM
pj

Default What are these little crawly things?

Yesterday when Dakota arose from his nap, there was a little tiny wiggly thing
where he had been lying. It was black, and looked like it may have multiple
legs, similar to a centipede. It slithered around, like a miniature snake. I
found two of these once before, after he jumped down from the couch, and I
hope they're not coming from him!

He hangs around in my attached garage to keep cool, and sits in some pretty
yucky places, listening to sounds of field mice on the other side of the walls
and doors. Could something be latching on to him when he's sitting out there,
and coming into the house on him? If he had some kind of worms in him,
wouldn't his health be affected? He's very healthy ... could lose a few
pounds, but who couldn't?

Anyone care to venture a guess?
-- pj
Old July 19th 04, 04:36 PM
Yngver

[...]

They don't sound like the kind of worms that cats get. My guess would be that
they are millipedes or something similar, that could crawl on to him while he's
in the garage. A couple times when I picked up our cat after she had been
curled up outside under the hostas (where it is damp), she's had a couple slugs
on her fur (ick!).

Old July 19th 04, 05:09 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Yngver" wrote in message
[...]

Yep, that was what I was thinking, too. That if it looked a bit like a
centipede, it may've been a millipede, & had simply inadvertently hitched a
ride on his fur.

Cathy