(OT) Cursed Apartment

Old December 28th 04, 07:26 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:43:21 GMT, "Mathew Kagis"
wrote:

in message ...
I'm not up on this stuff like I used to think I was, but is there a
group of practitioners who would maybe be willing to work together and
see if combining energies/methods might work? Just in case this is
something stronger than "usual"? I don't suppose that doing another
ritual to honor the kitten and any other spirits might help - a little
less specific than before, maybe? Maybe with a feline assistant -
assuming both you and the cat are willing, of course - to "speak the
language" of the kitten? Just tossing around ideas.

That was my thought. A group work, and if a kitty companion could be
found who was willing to enter the area, that would probably be of help
too.

Dan

Agreed, along with (Just throwing ideas around too) a group human ritual.
Perhaps a circle with several like minded people, followed with a safe space
ritual, may help. Blessed Be.
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

You know, I think all three of you may be on to something there. I
will see what I can come up with, and if any of my crew is willing to
volunteer. Internet oozes good energy and is attracted to it wherever
it is; maybe he can create some as well.

Ginger-lyn

Old December 29th 04, 10:32 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

Jo Firey wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...

Jo Firey wrote:

I can only hope that either the gas company or his insurance will be
responsible for the damage.

Well, it differs from place to place, but here in Southern
California, the gas is ALWAYS turned off if an apartment is vacant!
(They often leave the electric connected, and just change it to the
new tenant's name when the time comes, but gas is too dangerous to
leave unsupervised for any length of time.)

Which makes some sense in Southern California. But not so much in a
place where the pipes are going to freeze.

In this area most of the house fires are in homes where the utilities
have been cut off for non payment, leaving the tenants to use
candles, etc.

Jo

Besides, as long as the bill is paid how are they to know it's vacant? Or
really care?

You don't notify your utility companies when you move? Why
would you pay for utilities when you are no longer a tenant
on the property?

Old December 30th 04, 12:45 AM

Sherry wrote:
I feel so badly for the landlord. He had to evict another tenant,

who
had lived there longer than I've lived here (over 18 years). He had
that one rehabbed a few years ago, and it is trashed.

He's not your typical rich-guy slumlord. He works for Childrens'
Services, for heaven's sake. And he has just been scr*w*d lately by
bad tenants and bad luck. Maybe the power of purr would help his

luck
to change?

And I am convinced that apartment from next door is *cursed*!

Ginger-lyn

What a nightmare. We got out of the rental business. We got gigged in

every way
imaginable the last year and got sick of it. The worst part is, the

people that
screwed us the worst were people we had honestly tried to help. We

started not
to trust anybody and that's when we decided the rental business was

turning us
into jerks so we quit. We always wanted not invade anybody's privacy

and we
never checked on the houses. When our last tenant vacated, we found

the carpet
ripped up, the house painted bright red on the inside, and a leak in

the
bathroom that had leaked so long it ruined the floor. With the other

house, the
tenant didn't bother telling us he'd had his gas cut off, so he just

left. The
washer pipes froze and burst, leaving us the mess you described.
Weirdly enough, this was the first time EVER that both houses were

occupied by
non-pet-owners. Pet owners are more responsible people I guess.
Sherry

People generally have negative opinions of the larger companies
involved in renting out apartments because they perceive them to be too
inflexible, but to a large extent things like this are the reason that
they act that way. If you don't screen out applicants whose past
raises red flags, over time you're going to end up with tenants
skipping out and/or trashing the place. Of course, not every applicant
who doesn't meet the standards you set is going to be a bad tenant.
There are people who might not look good on paper but won't be a
problem (like a woman getting out of a bad marriage with no recent
rental history and a credit history that's been messed up by an
ex-husband's actions) and unfortunately they have problems renting
because the bad apples cause many landlords, especially the corporate
ones, to be unwilling to take chances.

Old December 30th 04, 09:30 AM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:

[...]

I gathered from the original post the gas was not supposed to have been shut
off - I assumed the landlord was paying it not the former tenant.

Jill

Old December 30th 04, 07:45 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:30:26 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I gathered from the original post the gas was not supposed to have been shut
off - I assumed the landlord was paying it not the former tenant.

Jill

Yep, that was supposed to be the case. I'm waiting here today for the
gas company to come and turn it back on. We still don't know exactly
what happened, but apparently, they turned it off, someone else turned
it back on (?!), and they turned it off again, to the point of
removing the meter! Very strange, indeed. Hopefully, they'll show up
and get it back on today. At least the water stopped leaking,
although there was still ice on the floor when I was over there the
other day with the carpet guy (that will have to wait for awhile,
obviously! At least that hadn't just been done before this
happened.).

Ginger-lyn

Old December 31st 04, 04:49 AM
Sherry

People generally have negative opinions of the larger companies
involved in renting out apartments because they perceive them to be too
inflexible, but to a large extent things like this are the reason that
they act that way. If you don't screen out applicants whose past
raises red flags, over time you're going to end up with tenants
skipping out and/or trashing the place. Of course, not every applicant
who doesn't meet the standards you set is going to be a bad tenant.
There are people who might not look good on paper but won't be a
problem (like a woman getting out of a bad marriage with no recent
rental history and a credit history that's been messed up by an
ex-husband's actions) and unfortunately they have problems renting
because the bad apples cause many landlords, especially the corporate
ones, to be unwilling to take chances.

I was a sucky landlady. I believed every story that came down the pike, and had
this foolish naive notion that if we were awesome landlords, kept the rent low,
fixed anything immediately and never bothered the tenants' privacy for
inspections and such, we'd get good people and in turn, would treat us fair by
taking care of the house and staying longterm. It didn't work that way. The
reason we quit is that we weren't hard-*ssed enough to stick up for ourselves
and got gigged every time.
I don't want the extra income if I have to be an *sshole to make it work.