Persia and her sleeping habits

Old October 31st 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Persia and her sleeping habits

When I woke up this morning, and admittedly I was not tired until about 4AM
(and NO I did not nap at all yesterday) Persia joined me on the bed for a
snuggle and a cuddle. But she'd been snoozing in her little pyramid bed for
hours before I got up to go to bed.

I have pillows stacked up on my bed. I need the support of being able to
shuffle pillows around due to my hurting neck and shoulder. Sometime in the
night Persia climbed up on the pillows above my head. Around daylight she
started touching my head with her paw. Just enough to get my attention. I
felt this paw reach out and rest on my head. Of course it woke me up since
I don't sleep soundly. I whispered "shhhhhh, Persia" and after a minute the
paw was withdrawn. I turned over on my side. A short while later, another
touch of the paw. She was just laying up there, but she had her paw
touching my head. It was actually pretty soothing.

I fell back to sleep and I guess she did, too. But I was awakened a couple
of hours later feeling her tapping my head. She usually reaches out and
taps my nose but this time she was on pillows above me. I groaned; I'd only
been asleep for about 5 hours. I rolled over, realized it was close to 9AM.
Oh, lord! I have to get up and feed you! I have to uncover Peaches!

Persia looked at me with her big green eyes and purrrrrrrrrred loudly. You
betcha, you wench! You haven't fed me yet and I let you sleep! Never mind
that I slept in that cushy pyramid bed for hours while you were sleepless.
Never mind that I slept in this bed with you and these pillows are nice and
cushy! I'm HUNGRY!

I got up and gave her the x/d formula, cleaned her litter box, checked her
fountain and made sure there was fresh water in it. I gave Peaches a slice
of Gala apple, made sure her food dish was full, cleaned and filled her
water dish.

By that time I couldn't go back to sleep so I ran a few errands and did some
loads of laundry. I'm about to collapse now. Persia has already sought out
her closet retreat and Peaches has her head tucked back, taking a nap.
Dang, I don't get to take a nap?! LOL Despite all my advice about sleeping
schedules, I'm going to have to take a nap. Hell, I don't have a sleeping
schedule. What am I worried about?

Jill