Should I get a litter box? Sleeping habits.

Old January 30th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default Should I get a litter box? Sleeping habits.

Zipper was litter train as a kitten but since she's an outdoor cat she
does her business in the bushes. Since the temperature gone below
freezing I started having her sleep with me. As soon as she gets out
of bed I would let her out. A few times she got up before I did and
started looking for food. I'm just wondering if some day I'll be
surprised by finding turd & pee in a closet or under furniture. I
have no idea where she does it outdoors and am afraid she might do it
indoors at an out of the way place without my knowledge. So far I
don't smell anything.

She's about 9 months and haven't used a litter box for 5 or 6 months
now. I just hope it's normal that she don't have to go for 10 to 12
hours.

She likes to curl up near my legs for the night. When I move her near
my chest she'll purr for a minute and than goes back to the foot of
the bed. If I bug her too much, she'll get off the bed and go sleep
on a chair in the next room.

Old January 30th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Hamblen

On 29 Jan 2007 19:32:15 -0800, "James" wrote:

Zipper was litter train as a kitten but since she's an outdoor cat she
does her business in the bushes. Since the temperature gone below
freezing I started having her sleep with me. As soon as she gets out
of bed I would let her out. A few times she got up before I did and
started looking for food. I'm just wondering if some day I'll be
surprised by finding turd & pee in a closet or under furniture. I
have no idea where she does it outdoors and am afraid she might do it
indoors at an out of the way place without my knowledge. So far I
don't smell anything.

Keep a litter box in the house. Once litter trained, cats won't
forget. I had one that when outside would clamor to come inside, use
the litter box, then clamor to be let outside again.

Bud
--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.
Old January 30th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Yes, get her a litter box so she doesn't have to go outside when it's
cold. It will be more comfortable for both of you.

Rhonda

Old January 31st 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LB

On Jan 29, 10:32 pm, "James" wrote:
[...]
She likes to curl up near my legs for the night. When I move her near
my chest she'll purr for a minute and than goes back to the foot of
the bed. If I bug her too much, she'll get off the bed and go sleep
on a chair in the next room.

I'm so glad you're letting you cat inside with you; you are kind!

I'd suggest avoiding clay or clumping litters--cats ingest it when
they clean themselves, and can build up layers in the digestion tract.
There are plenty of wheat, pine and newspaper litters available, and
they work great. Experiment a bit, and best wishes!