Hold off the candles for KFC

Old October 8th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Hold off the candles for KFC

Christina Websell wrote:
Thanks for the purrs. She is much better today, has hardly sneezed at all.
I was at home with her all day today so I know that for sure.

What a grande dame KFC is! I have a deep respect for the venerable girl and
I'm glad she's being good and stubborn and hungry.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old October 8th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I tried telling my daughter that if I changed my diet now and went
completely healthy, my system would probably go into shock.
"MLB" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
Powdered taurine? How do you get that, Andy?

Try here, scroll down.
http://www.good4you.co.uk/store.asp?...krlAodiXCV7 w

IMHO Common sense would indicate you should "leave well enough alone".
She has got along fine on her occasional wild diet. She is not a kitten
who is growing and she doesn't need all those additives.
Just give her what she enjoys. (FYI This is what I keep telling my son
about my own diet when he shops for me).

Old October 9th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Oct 8, 3:09�pm, wrote:
Yowie wrote:

� He was forced to retire at 75 for health reasons. It was quickly clear that
� the cancer was incurable, and he was forced into a nursing home. Why they
� chose to deny an old and dying man the solace of his pipe, paper and port
� just once a day is beyond me, but they did, because those were the rules. I
� don't think I will ever forgive them for that.

That's terrible. But I agree, it's also the norm, Bridget's dad's experience
notwithstanding. It reminds me of those sad stories of old people who have
to go into nursing care, being forcibly separated from their beloved (and
often, also elderly) pets. It's heartbreaking. And then, they get to play
with the "therapy pet" who comes in once a week. Not that I have anything
against therapy animals, but why can't they have their *own* animals?

It also reminds me of hospitals that deny terminal patients all the morphine
(or whatever pain drug they take) they want, because it's "addictive". Well,
of course it's addictive, but why does that matter when someone is dying??

--
Joyce � ^..^

Actually Nursing homes have relaxed many of the rules. The one I lived
in had smoking areas both indoor and outdoor. There was also 2 cats
that wandered around requesting scritches. But this is in the US.

Suz&Spicey
Old October 19th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
Thanks for the purrs. She is much better today, has hardly sneezed at all.
I was at home with her all day today so I know that for sure.
Not only that, she ate a few tablespoons of "cat food" last night and some
this morning. snip
Tweed

Lots of purrs for KFC and hugs for you, Christina,
Polonca and Soncek
Old October 19th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Thanks for the purrs. She is much better today, has hardly sneezed at
all. I was at home with her all day today so I know that for sure.
Not only that, she ate a few tablespoons of "cat food" last night and
some this morning. snip
Tweed

Lots of purrs for KFC and hugs for you, Christina,
Polonca and Soncek

Thank you, Polonca. How is Soncek these days?

Tweed

Old October 23rd 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
Thank you, Polonca. How is Soncek these days?

Tweed

Soncek is doing really well on the kidney diet. He loves to catch the
ball that I throw for him, but only when he is in the mood for playing,
of course
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Hold the fort! Marina Cat anecdotes 13 October 3rd 08 10:53 PM
hold my beer watch this Mr Tibbs Cat health & behaviour 0 January 22nd 06 03:52 AM
Cat can't hold food in Mariebmk Cat health & behaviour 14 October 11th 05 04:02 AM
Proper way to hold a cat Michal Sabala Cat health & behaviour 19 March 18th 04 06:06 PM
sleeper hold for cats Simon Fitzpatrick Cat health & behaviour 6 December 19th 03 09:02 PM