changing food question

Old January 28th 05, 05:49 AM
Justin L

Default changing food question

Hi All

I started to feed my kitten the Wellness brand food today, and now he
has some very nasty diarrhea! Is this normal when changing foods?

I only added a small amount to his normal food witch is the Iams brand
dry food. Is this the right way to change food, or should I just throw
out the old food?

I haven't tried to give him any of the canned food yet, but I did buy a
few cans for him to try out. It isn't specifically made for kittens, is
that ok? I didn't see a kitten canned food available on the website.

Thanks

Justin
Old January 28th 05, 05:55 AM
Mary

"Justin L" wrote in message
om...
Hi All

I started to feed my kitten the Wellness brand food today, and now he
has some very nasty diarrhea! Is this normal when changing foods?

It happens sometimes.

I only added a small amount to his normal food witch is the Iams brand
dry food. Is this the right way to change food, or should I just throw
out the old food?

Lots of people do it this way.

I haven't tried to give him any of the canned food yet, but I did buy a
few cans for him to try out. It isn't specifically made for kittens, is
that ok? I didn't see a kitten canned food available on the website.

Hmm, Justin, how old is your kitten?

Old January 28th 05, 06:04 AM
Justin L

Mary wrote:
"Justin L" wrote in message
om...

Hi All

I started to feed my kitten the Wellness brand food today, and now he
has some very nasty diarrhea! Is this normal when changing foods?

It happens sometimes.

I thought it might be. Hopefully it doesn't last too long!!

I only added a small amount to his normal food witch is the Iams brand
dry food. Is this the right way to change food, or should I just throw
out the old food?

Lots of people do it this way.

I haven't tried to give him any of the canned food yet, but I did buy a
few cans for him to try out. It isn't specifically made for kittens, is
that ok? I didn't see a kitten canned food available on the website.

Hmm, Justin, how old is your kitten?

He is almost 5 months old. (4-3/4 months or so)

Old January 28th 05, 06:12 AM
Mary

"Justin L" wrote :

Hmm, Justin, how old is your kitten?

He is almost 5 months old. (4-3/4 months or so)

Do you have a vet you can call? I think he still needs
kitten food.