cooler weather

Old June 1st 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default cooler weather

As the weather cools down, here in Australia, Spock, a.k.a. "Mr
Don't-touch-me" turns into a bit of a snuggle-bunny, albeit on his own
terms. He has developed different rules for each person in our house.

The rule for DH is that Spock will loll in his lap in the mornings,
purring and dribbling and twisting himself into estatic knots. He
will not - ever - sit on anyone else's lap, and will only sit on DH's
lap when DH is at the computer and there is no-one else around.

The rule for me is that Spock will ask (demand) to be picked up for a
shoulder ride sometime during the day. This means me wearing
thick-enough clothing that his scimitar claws-of-death do not cause me
lasting harm. When he's on-board and has done a tour of inspection of
each shoulder, he will pick one shoulder and ask me to make it more
comfortable by giving him a lifted arm for him to recline on. He then
stretches himself out over my upper arm, anchors himself to my
shoulder (the afore-mentioned claws) and proceeds to drool, purr and
writhe around happily. He will allow himself to be carried around,
supervising my activities, for quite some time this way. When he
wants to get off he walks down my back; I'm expected to lean forward
while he does this to give him a nicely sloping ramp to exit from.

The rule for Mum is that she must allow him into her bedroom after
she's turned on her electric blanket, whereby he will drool, purr and
writhe around the foot of her bed. He doesn't do this on our bed, but
will occasionally do it on the guest bed if there is sun on it.

In summer, when the weather is hot, he doesn't want to know us.

Funny cat!

Tish
Old June 1st 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tish Silberbauer wrote:
The rule for me is that Spock will ask (demand) to be picked up for a
shoulder ride sometime during the day. This means me wearing
thick-enough clothing that his scimitar claws-of-death do not cause me
lasting harm. When he's on-board and has done a tour of inspection of
each shoulder, he will pick one shoulder and ask me to make it more
comfortable by giving him a lifted arm for him to recline on. He then
stretches himself out over my upper arm, anchors himself to my
shoulder (the afore-mentioned claws) and proceeds to drool, purr and
writhe around happily. He will allow himself to be carried around,
supervising my activities, for quite some time this way. When he
wants to get off he walks down my back; I'm expected to lean forward
while he does this to give him a nicely sloping ramp to exit from.

Tish

This is so cute. Biskit does this all the time. She circles my feet and
"asks" to be picked up. She wants to be carried around, but really
wants someone to go lay down with her on the couch and watch TV. She is
the most loving and best companion of all my cats.
Sherry

Old June 1st 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...

Tish Silberbauer wrote:
[...]

I miss my cuddle bug. The girls will deign to lie with you if it is
convenient for them and Iwill admit Pearl has taken to finally sitting next
to me again (upon occassion) now that she is on insulin. They sit and stare
inscrutible thoughts at me from across the room a lot. But not a whole lot
of cuddling. They are still too cute for their own good, however

Old June 1st 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 1 Jun 2006 05:48:19 -0700, yodeled:

Tish Silberbauer wrote:
[...]

Stinky really surprised me as a little fellow by asking to be picked
up, too. I could not figure out what he wanted. He would get in
front of me, meow, and give a little hop on his hind legs. Tiny Mimi
never wanted to be held so it never occured to me that he wanted to.
And he had food and water, and a clean box, so I had no idea what he
wanted. Finally, I picked him up and he rumbled like a-- like a
rumbly thing. He wanted face-to-face cuddles. Stinky will also
stick his head right in my face for kisses.

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 1st 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
Stinky will also
stick his head right in my face for kisses.

Frank used to do that, and now Caliban does it. He actually did it the
first time I went to meet him at his foster mum's. )

Old June 1st 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:37:50 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:
Stinky will also
stick his head right in my face for kisses.

Frank used to do that, and now Caliban does it. He actually did it the
first time I went to meet him at his foster mum's. )

Awww, kissy boys.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 2nd 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 14:40:15 +1000, Tish Silberbauer wrote:

[...]

I've been around this world for quite a while. I have yet to see a cat
drool -- dogs? Yes. Cats? NO. What causes it? Is it a particular
breed of cat that does this? MLB

Old June 2nd 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:22:11 +0000, mlbriggs
wrote:

I've been around this world for quite a while. I have yet to see a cat
drool -- dogs? Yes. Cats? NO. What causes it? Is it a particular
breed of cat that does this? MLB

He dribbles when he gets very happy, and not just a little bit. Ted
(RB) used to do it too. There's nothing wrong with him; it's just the
way he is. He's a DSH moggy from the shelter; we suspect he's at
least half Burmese, but of course there is no way of finding out. Ted
was just your average DSH tortie moggie of very uncertain parentage.

Tish
Old June 2nd 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yup, Vino's turning quite cuddly himself. Not only does he have a new
nightly ritual of sleeping on Dennis for a few hours, but in the
mornings, he comes up to me in bed and I grab him and stick him half
under the covers. He stays under there for ages and meows when I have
to turn over.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old June 2nd 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-02, mlbriggs penned:

I've been around this world for quite a while. I have yet to see a
cat drool -- dogs? Yes. Cats? NO. What causes it? Is it a
particular breed of cat that does this? MLB

When Oscar is very happy to see me or DH, she likes to sit on our laps
and purr ... and drool. Drool like you wouldn't believe. We get big
wet spots on our clothes.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully