NEVER WEAR MUSK AROUND A CAT!!!

Old January 28th 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Default NEVER WEAR MUSK AROUND A CAT!!!

I learned ..the hard way that the ONLY scent you should never wear around a
cat is anything with 'musk' in it..I used to wear Cody's Wild Musk spray and
got attacked by two of my cats!!
Musk is an animal scent, but yu knew that...
Just wanted you to know...or did you already?
Anyhoooooo
Kyla%b

--
Kyla's 20 lb Cat Pookie looked over her shoulder and wrote the above
and added: FEEEEEEED MEEEEEE GNNNNNNNOW!!!!

Old January 28th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

musk is all I ever wear, not often, never have had that problem, what I wear
is a oil based item, Lee
. ..

Old January 28th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Kyla =^..^= wrote:

I learned ..the hard way that the ONLY scent you should never wear around a
cat is anything with 'musk' in it..I used to wear Cody's Wild Musk spray and
got attacked by two of my cats!!

You mean "Coty", the cosmetic company? I wore that for
years, with no reaction from the cats! It smells rather
like sandalwood, which is available in "essential oil" form,
so I now use that instead. (And still no untoward response
from any of the felines.)

Old January 28th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Stormmee"
musk is all I ever wear, not often, never have had that problem, what I
wear
is a oil based item, Lee

Wow...you're lucky

Kyla =^..^=

Old January 28th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Kyla =^..^= wrote:

I learned ..the hard way that the ONLY scent you should never wear around
a cat is anything with 'musk' in it..I used to wear Cody's Wild Musk
spray and got attacked by two of my cats!!

You mean "Coty", the cosmetic company? I wore that for years, with no
reaction from the cats! It smells rather like sandalwood, which is
available in "essential oil" form, so I now use that instead. (And still
no untoward response from any of the felines.)

Right! I did mean Coty...now I'm wondering why the cats attacked me? I
can't ask them because they've gone on to Rainbow Bridge some years ago.
But I don't wear perfume of any kind right now.
Thanx for the info
Purrs and hugs
Kyla%b

Old January 28th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

what I wear is called white musk, is either from bath and body works or the
body shop, was pricey but I am allergic to most perfumes and not to this so
its what I wear, I am curious if anyone else has had your experience and if
so I am wondering why they react this way... almost all perfume is animal
based, it is the number one use for skunk scent in the world, Lee
. ..

Old January 29th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

--
Kyla's Cat looked over her shoulder and watched her write this
"Stormmee"
what I wear is called white musk, is either from bath and body works or
the
body shop, was pricey but I am allergic to most perfumes and not to this
so
its what I wear, I am curious if anyone else has had your experience and
if
so I am wondering why they react this way

Me too...
my favorite perfume _used_ to be Tea Rose by The Perfume Workship, but when
I went outside, bees found me...I don't wear any scent now...

... almost all perfume is animal
based, it is the number one use for skunk scent in the world, Lee

Wow.....
eu'de'peeeeyew?
LOL

Old January 29th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Stormmee wrote:
what I wear is called white musk, is either from bath and body works or the
body shop, was pricey but I am allergic to most perfumes and not to this so
its what I wear, I am curious if anyone else has had your experience and if
so I am wondering why they react this way... almost all perfume is animal
based, it is the number one use for skunk scent in the world, Lee

Actually, I've run across several perfumes with "musk" in
the name given them by their manufacturers. To my nose, at
least, none of them smelled the least bit alike, so I think
it's just a name, not a specific scent. (Obviously, Kyla's
cats took exception to Coty's version - but cats being cats,
that doesn't mean all cats will.)
Old January 29th 08, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

--

Stormmee wrote:
what I wear is called white musk, is either from bath and body works or
the
body shop, was pricey but I am allergic to most perfumes and not to this
so
its what I wear, I am curious if anyone else has had your experience and
if
so I am wondering why they react this way... almost all perfume is animal
based, it is the number one use for skunk scent in the world, Lee

Actually, I've run across several perfumes with "musk" in the name given
them by their manufacturers. To my nose, at least, none of them smelled
the least bit alike, so I think it's just a name, not a specific scent.
(Obviously, Kyla's cats took exception to Coty's version - but cats being
cats, that doesn't mean all cats will.)

Maybe my cats were just being wierder...
Well, the musk-hating kits are in Rainbow Bridge for a long time now, so it
doesn't matter.
It was Bart and Moxie who hated the musk. I still miss them
Puuuuuuurs
Kyla%b