RIP actor Paul Newman

Old September 27th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

Default RIP actor Paul Newman

WESTPORT, Conn. - Paul Newman, the Oscar-winning superstar who personified
cool as the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand Luke" and "The
Color of Money" - followed by a second act as an activist, race car driver
and popcorn impresario - has died. He was 83.

Newman died Friday at his farmhouse near Westport following a long battle
with cancer, publicist Jeff Sanderson said. He was surrounded by his family
and close friends.

I was reading my Yahoo mail and found this.
So sad, I really liked Paul Newman. He did a lot of good works too.
Adrian, could you put up a candle site for him please?
Rest in Peace Paul, you were loved and you will be missed.
Kyla

Old September 27th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
WESTPORT, Conn. - Paul Newman, the Oscar-winning superstar who
personified cool as the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand
Luke" and "The Color of Money" - followed by a second act as an
activist, race car driver and popcorn impresario - has died. He was
83.
Newman died Friday at his farmhouse near Westport following a long
battle with cancer, publicist Jeff Sanderson said. He was surrounded
by his family and close friends.

I was reading my Yahoo mail and found this.
So sad, I really liked Paul Newman. He did a lot of good works too.
Adrian, could you put up a candle site for him please?
Rest in Peace Paul, you were loved and you will be missed.
Kyla

It looks like someone beat me to it.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=Paul

Old September 27th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

"Adrian"
Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
WESTPORT, Conn. - Paul Newman, the Oscar-winning superstar who
personified cool as the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand
Luke" and "The Color of Money" - followed by a second act as an
activist, race car driver and popcorn impresario - has died. He was
83.
Newman died Friday at his farmhouse near Westport following a long
battle with cancer, publicist Jeff Sanderson said. He was surrounded
by his family and close friends.

I was reading my Yahoo mail and found this.
So sad, I really liked Paul Newman. He did a lot of good works too.
Adrian, could you put up a candle site for him please?
Rest in Peace Paul, you were loved and you will be missed.
Kyla

It looks like someone beat me to it.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=Paul

Indeed. I lit one also....thanks
Kyla

Old September 28th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
WESTPORT, Conn. - Paul Newman, the Oscar-winning superstar who personified
cool as the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand Luke" and "The
Color of Money" - followed by a second act as an activist, race car driver
and popcorn impresario - has died. He was 83.

We just watched "Slap Shot" the other night too. we'll watch again in tribute
to a great actor and fine human being. RIP, Paul.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 28th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message
Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
WESTPORT, Conn. - Paul Newman, the Oscar-winning superstar who
personified
cool as the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand Luke" and
"The
Color of Money" - followed by a second act as an activist, race car
driver
and popcorn impresario - has died. He was 83.

We just watched "Slap Shot" the other night too. we'll watch again
in tribute
to a great actor and fine human being. RIP, Paul.

We will sit down and watch "The Drowning Pool" again when they show
it, and I know it will be soon.

Always one of our favorites.

Jo

Old September 29th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

In memory of a fine race car driver I post one of my favorite
photographs:

http://www.dropshots.com/gadragonfly...11-27/00:53:31

Julie
ps: yes that is a photo of me many years ago. I love to watch people
trying to figure out who is in this photograph. My husband is not one
of the guys in this picture but he does appreciate it when people
think he's the guy with his hand on my shoulder

Julie
Old September 29th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

http://www.dropshots.com/gadragonfly...os/2007-11-27/...

Julie
ps: �yes that is a photo of me many years ago. �I love to watch people
trying to figure out who is in this photograph. �My husband is not one
of the guys in this picture but he does appreciate it when people
think he's the guy with his hand on my shoulder

Julie

OMG! Cool picture!

And yes, RIP Paul Newman. He was one of my movie-star crushes in
Junior High. I admit that I
am such a sucker for marketing I *did* buy several of the "Newman's
Own" products just because
of his face on the label--and everything I tried was good!

I guess none of us ever really know the truth about any celebrities,
but I honestly don't recall reading
anything scandalous about him. I think it's impressive and a show of
character when a couple manages
to have a solid marriage in spite of all the stresses that celebrities
have.

Sherry