We've finally moved :-)

Old February 10th 04, 03:12 PM
Kate

Default We've finally moved :-)

We've moved finally, after lots of delays waiting for contracts to be
signed and exchanged.

The cats went to the cattery on Thursday afternoon, and we picked them
up on Saturday morning. We thought that was fairer to them, rather
than putting them through the stress of the move, and running the risk
of someone accidentally letting them out.

Friday was the big day. The removal men arrived at 9am, and by 12pm
the van was all loaded up and ready to roll. The removal men decided
to go and park up near our new house ready for when we got access.

Then we had to wait for the phone calls to say the the sale/purchases
had completed and that we could pick up our new house keys. We have
some great friends who made us lunch, and let us go to their house
once we'd finished up in our old house which was nicer than having to
wait in our empty house.

We got the keys to the new house at 4pm, and the van was unloaded by
6.30, and we were able to relax a bit.

The kitchen, lounge and bedroom are all pretty much done now, but
there is still a large pile of boxes waiting to be sorted.

We picked the girls up from the cattery at about 10 on Saturday
morning. As soon as we deviated from the usual route home, they
started miaowing at us, pacing around in their boxes, as if they knew
that it wasn't the way we normally go.

Once we got to the new house, we carried them through in their boxes
in to the lounge, and after checking all doors and windows were shut,
we let them out to explore. We carried each one in turn through to the
utility room to show them their litter tray, so they would know where
it was, and then left them to their own devices.

Lots of sniffing, open mouthed (a d*g used to live there!). Then Fudge
ran around miaowing before hiding behind a chest of drawers.

Caramel and Meg settled very quickly, and seemed happy by Saturday
evening. Fudge came out from behind the chest of drawers eventually on
Saturday evening, but stayed in our bedroom on the windowsill.

All 3 assumed regular sleeping positions on the bed overnight on
Saturday. Fudge seemed to settle on Sunday, and by Sunday evening was
sitting on our laps purring. We'll keep them in for a little while
until they are fully settled, before letting them out for short
periods.

They all like the glass patio doors in the lounge as they get a great
view of all the birds from there.

And Scott and I love the new house :-)

If anyone wants our new address, email me.

All the best,

Kate.
Old February 10th 04, 04:50 PM
Marina

"Kate" wrote
We've moved finally, after lots of delays waiting for contracts to be
signed and exchanged.

Nice to hear that it went without greater hitches, and that the cats have
settled in - and you and Scott too, of course!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 10th 04, 07:00 PM
lewe

"Kate" wrote in message
om...
We've moved finally, after lots of delays waiting for contracts to be
signed and exchanged.

All 3 assumed regular sleeping positions on the bed overnight on
Saturday. Fudge seemed to settle on Sunday, and by Sunday evening was
sitting on our laps purring. We'll keep them in for a little while
until they are fully settled, before letting them out for short
periods.

They all like the glass patio doors in the lounge as they get a great
view of all the birds from there.

And Scott and I love the new house :-)

Sounds like things are going great! How long do we have to wait for the
pics??
Best wishes for your new home!
Purrs and scritches
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi