OT - You can hate me for this....

Old May 4th 05, 01:51 AM
Magic Mood Jeep

Default OT - You can hate me for this....

This is not something I would normally do. I am pluggin' an item I have on
eBay. Item # 6393158502. Type (or cut-n-paste) that number into the search
slot on www.ebay.com.

The only reason I am posting about it here is that it is the completer
12-video set (VHS, NTSC) of David Attenborough's "Trials Of Life" animal
documentary. Originally aired on BBC in 1990, then put out on video by
Turner/Time Live in 1991. It was supposed to be one of those 'installment'
video things, but we went ahead and bought the whole thing in one shebang.
I think it's now out on DVD (not sure, though, I've not really looked). We
gave it to my mother for her to watch. When she was through, she gave it
back. We don't even own a VCR anymore.

I had thought about the pass-the-book thing we do here, and thought it would
be nice to do the same with this, but the set weighs over 5 lbs, so it would
probably be too expensive for a lot of us to ship.

Thus I listed it on eBay, and just am letting you here know in case anyone
is interested in animal documentaries and this is on your 'want list'.

My favorite was the one that had the dwarf hamsters on it - I don't remember
which video it was. I used to have a dwarf, Sammy, he was as vicious as a
Tasmanian Devil if you stuck your hand in his cage, but once he was out...
sweetest little fuzzball. When I first got him, he was a young-un, and
could squeeze between the bars at the top of his cage. But he grew out of
it - literally - one day his head wouldn't fit anymore!
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)