[OT] Age Appropriate Dress?

Old January 28th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Age Appropriate Dress?

jmcquown wrote:
point. No, you can't wear sweats to the office. No, your skirt can't be up
to your bum. No, you can't wear tube tops. Yes, you may wear slacks;
tailored style (like khaki's) but not skin tight. You may wear sleeveless
blouses but not tank tops. You'd think some of this would be common sense
but apparently it wasn't.

Wow... my employer is very, very relaxed regarding dress code. Many
folks wear shorts, t-shirts and sandals to work. I'm talking engineers
here, so it's not a pretty sight... ;-)
Most people wear jeans/slacks and button-down shirts though. I'd never
wear a t-shirt or shorts to work.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 28th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if you have
killer legs - past a certain age?

Two words: Tina Turner.

Seriously, I think people should take into consideration the following
when choosing atti
1. Personal taste and comfort
2. Weather
3. Social situation
4. What other people think

1 trumps 2, 2 trumps 3, 3 trumps 4, etc.
I was really ****ed off when I learned two of my siblings were giving my
mom a hard time regarding her attire at formal events. My mother dresses
up very nicely and tastefully. I don't care what her age is, she looks
great and it's perfectly ok for her to wear a dress with a normal
cleavage and a skirt that reaches to her knees. Just because she's a
grandma, doesn't mean she has to wear boring clothes.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 28th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
point. No, you can't wear sweats to the office. No, your skirt
can't be up to your bum. No, you can't wear tube tops. Yes, you
may wear slacks; tailored style (like khaki's) but not skin tight.
You may wear sleeveless blouses but not tank tops. You'd think some
of this would be common sense but apparently it wasn't.

Wow... my employer is very, very relaxed regarding dress code. Many
folks wear shorts, t-shirts and sandals to work. I'm talking engineers
here, so it's not a pretty sight... ;-)
Most people wear jeans/slacks and button-down shirts though. I'd never
wear a t-shirt or shorts to work.

People were allowed to wear T-shirts (tucked in) if they didn't sport a logo
advertising some product or with anything that might be construed as
"offensive" on it. This basically meant, plain T-shirts (and not the
underwear ones). No sandals were allowed; no shorts. We didn't meet &
greet the public in I.T. but they still expected people to not dress as if
they were about to run to the convenience store for a 6-pack of Budweiser
I can completely understand that.

Jill

Old January 28th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

No one says she has to wear boring clothes. I don't wear boring clothes
when I'm out. But just a couple of months ago my LLL asked (or rather,
stated), "You don't wear mini-skirts, do you?" Sure, I own a couple of
casual, have fun mini-skirts. As I previously mentioned, they aren't
crawling up my butt and skin-tight. The work we do setting up for his art
shows isn't conducive to mini-skirts, anyway. There's a lot of stretching
way up to join the canopy poles, crawling around to put the anchor stakes in
the ground, bending over fastening the mesh sides to the canopy. I wear
walking shorts (not Daisy Dukes) & t-shirts. I did make a point to pack a
mini-skirt for our next trip for when we go out to dinner someplace

Jill

Old January 28th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
Helen Wheels wrote:
What, not even muumuus? Aw...

Well, maybe some kinds of dresses are ok:
http://www.utilikilts.com/

In very hot weather that would allow for a nice cool breeze

Jill

Old January 28th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
Helen Wheels wrote:

What, not even muumuus? Aw...

Well, maybe some kinds of dresses are ok:
http://www.utilikilts.com/

'Men's unbifurcated garment' LOLOLOL!!! They'll do anything not to call
it a skirt!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 28th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if you
have killer legs - past a certain age?

Two words: Tina Turner.

Seriously, I think people should take into consideration the following
when choosing atti
1. Personal taste and comfort
2. Weather
3. Social situation
4. What other people think

1 trumps 2, 2 trumps 3, 3 trumps 4, etc.
I was really ****ed off when I learned two of my siblings were giving my
mom a hard time regarding her attire at formal events. My mother dresses
up very nicely and tastefully. I don't care what her age is, she looks
great and it's perfectly ok for her to wear a dress with a normal cleavage
and a skirt that reaches to her knees. Just because she's a grandma,
doesn't mean she has to wear boring clothes.

She sounds like my kind of grandma.

I really don't much care what other people wear, aside from an occasional
thought that they really do need to look in a mirror once in a while.

And I wouldn't dream of telling anyone else what to wear. I do try to make
a point of letting family members know when they look especially nice and
let it go at that.

However, if I ruled the world, anyone with killer legs would have to wear
shorts once in a while just to keep everyone's morale up.

Jo

Old January 28th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Richard Miller" wrote in message
In message , Yoj
writes
"dopekitty" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
CatNipped wrote:

I'm watching "The View" and one of their "hot topics" was whether
women should stop wearing certain types of clothing as they get older
(the example used was women who were over 40 shouldn't wear "Juicies"
work-out clothes. Someone said that *nobody* should wear sleeveless
blouses or dresses if they have flabby upper arms (here in Houston
where it sometimes gets to be 115F with 2000% humidity this
flabby-upper-armed MaMere *really* objects to that objection!).

What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if
you have killer legs - past a certain age?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

After reading everyone's comments and opinions - all I can say is:

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/ju.../chicks_101_2/

that video won't work for me either in firefox or IE

Kristy

It's a commercial for Niquil. I've seen it on TV serveral times - the
"roommate" one.

Joy

There's a video after the Niquil commercial .... yuk!
--
Cathi

I just got the commercial, and then it quit. After your comment, I don't
think I'll go back and try again. ;-)

Joy

Old January 28th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
point. No, you can't wear sweats to the office. No, your skirt can't

be up
to your bum. No, you can't wear tube tops. Yes, you may wear slacks;
tailored style (like khaki's) but not skin tight. You may wear

sleeveless
blouses but not tank tops. You'd think some of this would be common

sense
but apparently it wasn't.

Wow... my employer is very, very relaxed regarding dress code. Many
folks wear shorts, t-shirts and sandals to work. I'm talking engineers
here, so it's not a pretty sight... ;-)
Most people wear jeans/slacks and button-down shirts though. I'd never
wear a t-shirt or shorts to work.

--
Victor M. Martinez

Engineers and computer programmers can often get away with dressing in a
manner that would earn another type of office worker a reprimand.

Joy

Old January 28th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Yoj wrote:
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Well, I think nobody should wear dresses. ;-)

--
Victor M. Martinez

I almost never do. The one exception is for some Toastmasters speech
contests. In one District there is a man who has a lot of influence.
He feels that women should always wear dresses or skirts and men
should wear skirts and ties. He has enough influence that not
dressing as he considers appropriate can actually hurt your chances
of winning. When I compete in his District, I wear a dress.
Otherwise it's jeans for everyday and slacks for dressup.

Joy

I'm much more comfortable in dresses, as a rule. At my last job the dress
was "business casual" so most women came to work in slacks. I chose to

wear
dresses and skirts. I just feel less restricted in them.

Jill

I love the fact that there is a choice. For decades, the fashion designers
seemed to rule the world. Certain styles just could not be worn, and skirt
lengths were dictated. Then, one year they blew it. In the same year, we
had maxi, midi and mini skirts and pantsuits. Women liked having a choice
and never completely allowed the designers to dictate to them again.

I think it's great that those who prefer skirts can wear them, in the length
they wish, and those who find trousers more comfortable can wear them.

Joy

[OT] Most bizzarre thing you've seen Yowie Cat anecdotes 10 December 22nd 05 07:24 PM
[OT] A Generic Greeting [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 December 21st 05 09:27 AM
[OT] Why we love children - humor CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 November 28th 05 03:27 AM
the dress Miss Violette Cat community 29 October 3rd 04 08:29 AM
[OT] Yowlet Update 4/4/4 20:30 Yowie Cat anecdotes 16 April 5th 04 11:49 PM