eosinophilic granuloma complex, heat and me venting

Old November 20th 03, 01:18 PM
PawsForThought

From: "Cheryl"

,
PawsForThought composed with style:
From: "Cheryl"

I've had nothing but health troubles for my cats since I bought
my current house. Before I bought the house I never knew the
things I know now and my cats are on decent diets but they are
still having problems I've never seen before. I got a fish over
the weekend (a Betta) and after 3 days it died. I used the
water treatment that neutralizes chlorine. But it still died.
Granted, it could have already been sick before I got it but I
can't help but wonder if my tap water is to blame for all of my
cats problems.

Sorry to hear about your fish, Cheryl
Have you ever had your house tested for black mold?

I've been thinking about that. I started asking about it in a post in
another thread earlier but I don't know what to ask for, who to ask,
or what to look out for when having an inspector in. As I posted, I
had termites and I do believe termites and moisture go hand in hand.
I monitor the RH level in my downstairs and run a dehumidifier. I
should go ask about this in the alt dot home dot repair group. I am
highly allergic to mold, though, and I don't feel any ill effects
myself in the house.

There's a home repair group? I need to check that out
I guess if you did have black mold, as you say your own allergies would be
acting up. Although maybe it's not that severe, but cats, being much smaller
than us, might be affected by it? I don't know. It's interesting though that
the cats' problems didn't start until you moved into the new house. No new
clearning products or cat litter?

________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old November 20th 03, 01:18 PM
PawsForThought

Old November 20th 03, 01:18 PM
PawsForThought

Old November 20th 03, 06:33 PM
Mary

"Kevin Krell" wrote in message
Ours eats both canned & dry food. So we use a canned food with

gravy,
and mix in the contents of the capsule (yes, emptied out), along

with
a probiotic. The problem was originally pretty bad when first
observed, with the swollen lip interfering with the teeth, etc., so

he
had a cortisone shot only that first time. While we have some
prednisone tablets in case of an outbreak outside convenient vet
hours, we have never had to resort to them. If for some reason he
focusses on the dry food for a while, and is not eating the
supplemented canned food, we'll see a little bit of swollen lip

and/or
chin. However, it is never severe, and is always controlled when he
gets his L-Lysine in.

Kevin

Hmm. Could be that I need to get some Lysine for Cheeks. It would be
great if it meant fewer Depo shots per year.