Cat not drinking/not peeing.

Old July 6th 05, 01:36 AM
\J.B. via CatKB.com\

Default Cat not drinking/not peeing.

Hi people, my cat eats fine - alot actually he weighs 15 lbs and is 3 years
old. Lately he hasnt been drinking very much at all - arent cats supposed to
drink alot? Also, bc of this he hasnt been peeing. He does eat alot and poop
alot. Another thing i noticed was him swallowing some food then coughing it
back up or throwing it back up before its really digested - but only
sometimes. Im worried about the water thing. should i give him milk or fill
his water bowl to the top....please help
Old July 6th 05, 01:55 AM
whitershadeofpale

\ wrote:
Hi people, my cat eats fine - alot actually he weighs 15 lbs and is 3 years
old. Late ... s really digested - but only
sometimes. Im worried about the water thing. should i give him milk or fill
his water bowl to the top....please help

Oh heck yeah, give them lots and lots of fresh cool water.

I'd lay off the milk though, it's really for calves.

Milk is very hard to digest. Milk actually lays in the stomach for
about 4 hours and actually rots then the body let's it through, just to
get the rot out.

For a test, put a glass of milk outside on a 100 degree day, for 4
hours, then smell it.

Old July 6th 05, 02:00 AM
KellyH

""J.B. via CatKB.com"" wrote in message
Hi people, my cat eats fine - alot actually he weighs 15 lbs and is 3
years
old. Lately he hasnt been drinking very much at all - arent cats supposed
drink alot? Also, bc of this he hasnt been peeing. He does eat alot and
poop
alot. Another thing i noticed was him swallowing some food then coughing
it
back up or throwing it back up before its really digested - but only
sometimes. Im worried about the water thing. should i give him milk or
fill
his water bowl to the top....please help

Please take him to the vet for a thorough work up. It could be diabetes.

-Kelly

Old July 6th 05, 02:00 AM
\J.B. via CatKB.com\

i mean thanks for your comments - but you really didnt answer my question -
whats wrong with my baby cat?
Old July 6th 05, 02:03 AM
Mathew Kagis

VET VISIT!!!! Could be UTI, could be a kideney problem, could be lots
of things.... Let a professional find out so you can do something
about it.

Cheers
Mathew

Old July 6th 05, 02:03 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 05 Jul 2005 08:36:37p, "J.B. via CatKB.com" wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

Hi people, my cat eats fine - alot actually he weighs 15 lbs and
is 3 years old. Lately he hasnt been drinking very much at all -
arent cats supposed to drink alot? Also, bc of this he hasnt
been peeing. He does eat alot and poop alot. Another thing i
noticed was him swallowing some food then coughing it back up or
throwing it back up before its really digested - but only
sometimes. Im worried about the water thing. should i give him
milk or fill his water bowl to the top....please help

I'd have him checked by a vet ASAP if he isn't peeing. And no, cats
don't normally drink a lot of water. At least, not enough to keep
their kidneys happy. When they have a diet of canned food, they
don't drink much, but even then they will urinate regularly, or
even a lot. My Shamrock doesn't eat much if any dry food and he
pees like a racehorse (quaint expression) when he goes. Males cats
have a tendency to have blockages in their penis' if crystals form
from lack of water.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old July 6th 05, 02:09 AM
animzmirot

""J.B. via CatKB.com"" wrote in message
Hi people, my cat eats fine - alot actually he weighs 15 lbs and is 3

years
old. Lately he hasnt been drinking very much at all - arent cats supposed

drink alot? Also, bc of this he hasnt been peeing. He does eat alot and

poop
alot. Another thing i noticed was him swallowing some food then coughing

it
back up or throwing it back up before its really digested - but only
sometimes. Im worried about the water thing. should i give him milk or

fill
his water bowl to the top....please help

If your cat really isn't peeing at all, this is a LIFE THREATENING problem
and you need to get to the vet right this second. Not in the morning, not on
Wednesday, NOW. I've recently been there myself with my cat, and he was not
far from kitty heaven when I brought him into the vet. $1200 later, he's
great, in the best humor he's ever been in (he's rather a grumpy old man),
and in tip top shape. He was hospitalized for several days and the bill was
enormous because he was at an emergency vet in a ridiculously wealthy town,
so don't expect that your bill will be anywhere near that.

But honestly, get to the vet now.

And BTW, milk isn't digestible for cats, so don't give him any.

Marjorie

Old July 6th 05, 02:11 AM
KellyH

""J.B. via CatKB.com"" wrote in message
i mean thanks for your comments - but you really didnt answer my question -
whats wrong with my baby cat?

I don;'t know, I'm not a vet. It could be a number of things: diabetes,
kidney problems, it's hard to say. He needs to be seen by a vet and a full
bloodwork panel done.

-Kelly

Old July 6th 05, 02:12 AM
Mary

""J.B. via CatKB.com"" wrote in message
i mean thanks for your comments - but you really didnt answer my

question -
whats wrong with my baby cat?

Point is he may die if you don't get him to the vet asap.

Old July 6th 05, 02:39 AM
whitershadeofpale

\ wrote:
i mean thanks for your comments - but you really didnt answer my question -
whats wrong with my baby cat?

You could always get your uncle (the vet) to check him out!

How is Aunt Sandra, say hello for me.

These ladies have cared for cats for a loooooooooong time, I'd take
their advice, and stop looking for a diagnosis on this group. Come back
and tell us, what the vet found out.

Best to you!