My cat walks on its hind legs

Old August 21st 04, 05:57 PM
Bill Stock

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

Old August 21st 04, 05:57 PM
Bill Stock

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

Old August 21st 04, 06:51 PM
Marina

"Jo Firey" wrote

Well Rosie knows I can't hear, so she will stand on her hind legs and tap

me
on the arm with a paw to get my attention when I'm at the computer. Maybe

could teach her to walk.

Note, it is very weird to have a cat tap you on the arm like a person

would.

Could feel a bit spooky. Nikki doesn't tap me with her paw, but she touches
her nose lightly against my leg when she wants something. Very cute but only
effective if I'm wearing shorts (eeek - cold wet nose!).

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 21st 04, 07:16 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 09:14:06 -0700, "Jo Firey"
yodeled:

"Mark Werner" wrote in message
. com...
I picked up a cat from a shelter, no particular breed, short-haired. I
have related the following story to several fellow cat owners, all of
whom reacted with disbelief.

Five times over the past three years, I have seen my cat rear up on
her hind legs, stand fully erect for a few seconds, and then take four
or five forward steps. This is apparently in pursuit of some flying
insect. It is astonishing, adorable, and hilarious.

I have to think that other cats can do this, and possibly be trained
to do it, but no one else I know has ever seen this.

So, any similar observations/thoughts?

Well Rosie knows I can't hear, so she will stand on her hind legs and tap me
on the arm with a paw to get my attention when I'm at the computer. Maybe I
could teach her to walk.

Note, it is very weird to have a cat tap you on the arm like a person would.

Jo

My little Mimi didn't tap, so much as *poke.* Very firmly, TWICE.
She was such a tiny little cat, and so assertive and determined.

Theresa

Old August 21st 04, 07:35 PM
Bobcat

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, you expect them to say "Excuse me, don't you know I'm here?" It's
interesting how tall cats are when they go up on their hind legs,
isn't it? They're like little accordions - some times all bunched up,
and at other times, stretched w-a-a-ay out (or up).