[OT] Sad and Disgusted

Old November 9th 05, 02:41 PM
CatNipped

Default [OT] Sad and Disgusted

shaking head

Well, Proposition 2 was overwhelmingly passed in Texas yesterday. One of
the few times I've been ashamed to be a Texan!

I guess all us married couples can now breathe a sigh of relief that a gay
couple can no longer come knock on our doors with shotguns and force us to
get a divorce. It's so nice that my marriage is no longer threatened since
we've now taken away the equal rights of our fellow citizens.

I could go on for pages, I'm so disgusted, but you get the drift!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 9th 05, 02:54 PM
Adrian

"CatNipped" wrote in message
shaking head

Well, Proposition 2 was overwhelmingly passed in Texas yesterday. One of
the few times I've been ashamed to be a Texan!

I guess all us married couples can now breathe a sigh of relief that a gay
couple can no longer come knock on our doors with shotguns and force us to
get a divorce. It's so nice that my marriage is no longer threatened since
we've now taken away the equal rights of our fellow citizens.

I could go on for pages, I'm so disgusted, but you get the drift!

Hugs,

CatNipped

I don't know how the politicians have the nerve to call themselves human
beings?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 9th 05, 04:00 PM
pistor

Default Sad and Disgusted

CatNipped wrote:
Well, Proposition 2 was overwhelmingly passed in Texas yesterday. One of
the few times I've been ashamed to be a Texan!

I was actually surprised at the final total, I was expecting it to be
more in the 60-65% range. Then again, this is Texas, after all. At
least Travis County (where I live) rejected the ammendment by 60%!

Old November 9th 05, 04:10 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 08:41:07 -0600, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

shaking head

Well, Proposition 2 was overwhelmingly passed in Texas yesterday. One of
the few times I've been ashamed to be a Texan!

I guess all us married couples can now breathe a sigh of relief that a gay
couple can no longer come knock on our doors with shotguns and force us to
get a divorce. It's so nice that my marriage is no longer threatened since
we've now taken away the equal rights of our fellow citizens.

I could go on for pages, I'm so disgusted, but you get the drift!

Hugs,

CatNipped

I am so sorry, Lori-- about so many things.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 9th 05, 07:39 PM
CatNipped

"pistor" wrote in message
oups.com...
CatNipped wrote:
Well, Proposition 2 was overwhelmingly passed in Texas yesterday. One

of
the few times I've been ashamed to be a Texan!

I was actually surprised at the final total, I was expecting it to be
more in the 60-65% range. Then again, this is Texas, after all. At
least Travis County (where I live) rejected the ammendment by 60%!

Well, because it *IS* Texas I was expecting more of us. This is the state
who, in Houston alone, took in more Katrina victims than all other states
combined. We are a big-hearted people, how could we be so small-minded!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 9th 05, 09:33 PM
jhill

I imagine it will follow most of the other states that tried to enact a
like-worded amendment and be struck down as unconstitutional by a federal
judge.

Actually there are two questions in one proposition that I thought should
have been separate. I am for only a union of a man and a woman being called
marriage as it has been traditionally. I have no objections to creating
another equivalent term or word with the same legal power for other kinds of
unions. I didn't know how to vote on it.

Old November 9th 05, 09:38 PM
Shiral

Sorry about the election results, Catnipped. That bites and badly.

In California, we had somewhat better luck--NOTHING passed. I know,
sounds weird, right? =o) But this was Ah-nold's special election which
he insisted on holding, even though there wasn't a single proposition
on it that couldn't have waited until the primary election next June.
And he wasted 54 million holding this election to tell us we need to
cut state spending. I guess that makes sense on his planet. The
people of California stood up and collectively handed Ah-nold his head.
Poor man, he might even have to learn to work with the Legislature,
now. EG

Melissa

Old November 9th 05, 10:20 PM
Kreisleriana

On 9 Nov 2005 13:38:08 -0800, "Shiral" yodeled:

Sorry about the election results, Catnipped. That bites and badly.

In California, we had somewhat better luck--NOTHING passed. I know,
sounds weird, right? =o) But this was Ah-nold's special election which
he insisted on holding, even though there wasn't a single proposition
on it that couldn't have waited until the primary election next June.
And he wasted 54 million holding this election to tell us we need to
cut state spending. I guess that makes sense on his planet. The
people of California stood up and collectively handed Ah-nold his head.
Poor man, he might even have to learn to work with the Legislature,
now. EG

Melissa

That'll teach him to diss nurses and teachers. :P

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 9th 05, 10:20 PM
Jo Firey

"pistor" wrote in message
oups.com...
CatNipped wrote:
Well, Proposition 2 was overwhelmingly passed in Texas yesterday. One of
the few times I've been ashamed to be a Texan!

I was actually surprised at the final total, I was expecting it to be
more in the 60-65% range. Then again, this is Texas, after all. At
least Travis County (where I live) rejected the ammendment by 60%!

Usually propositions like this in California are thrown out by the
California supreme court. Isn't that likely to happen in this case?

Jo

Old November 9th 05, 10:24 PM
Jo Firey

"jhill" wrote in message
I am for only a union of a man and a woman being called marriage as it has
been traditionally. I have no objections to creating another equivalent
term or word with the same legal power for other kinds of unions. I
didn't know how to vote on it.

Your feelings reflect where I was five or six years ago. I've gradually
come to believe that people are more important than words. Its a journey.

Jo