I got her!

Old September 3rd 04, 06:57 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Default I got her!

X:no-archive

I hope I did the above right. This is the first time I've ever tried
it.

Most of you will remember my birthday post, about the two kittens and
the horrendous situation that occurred, and that I was only reasonably
able to rescue one from the animal abusing family.

The other night, six police cars and a van showed up out front. I
still don't know the full story, but it appears the woman was arrested
for domestic violence. The police looked around the apartment, and
also took the children to foster homes, as there was not adequate
sleeping arrangements, and no food in the house.

While all this was going on, I was on the porch. And there was
Arthur's sister, on my porch, staring at my empty food bowls. I
filled them. I watched the situation unfolding, and watched her eat
her fill, and then quietly picked her up and brought her inside.

So far, the guy has said nothing. But I am very afraid of what may
happen if he realizes I have the kitten. He may not care. After all,
if there was no food in the house for the kids, you can bet there was
none for the kitten :-( She is Arthur's sister, but looks a lot
smaller and younger :-( She's also a doll, and very sweet.

So now I don't know what to do. We are broke. All cat shelters are
full. And I am afraid of what might happen if the one neighbor
decides to stir up trouble, or if the woman comes back with the kids
somehow and demands the kitten. I need a place for her to go, but I
cannot find one. I just don't know what to do. One thing I *do* know
is they are *not* getting her back. I'm sure they have no proof she
is theirs, no photos, no vet records. I doubt the police would demand
I turn her over should they call the law. But they are still next
door (the guy, at least), and he is very volatile -- getting drunk
every night and being very loud since the family has been gone. And
he has friends and neighbors in the area.

I knew I was going to end up with her eventually. Sometimes, timing
is everything.

Now I just don't know how to get her into a shelter/rescue
group/foster home. I am just tapped out in terms of resources and
finances right now. And trying to even find a friend to take her
temporarily (I figured I could put her info up on petfinders or
somethig maybe) has been an exercise in frustration.

Any purrs, prayers or ideas for Morganna (as I'm calling her -- hey,
she's Arthur's sister, right?) are welcomed.

Ginger-lyn
Yes, I stole a cat

Old September 3rd 04, 07:14 PM
Melissa Houle

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote in message
X:no-archive

I hope I did the above right. This is the first time I've ever tried
it.

SNIP While all this was going on, I was on the porch. And there was
[...]

My word, I wonder why they didn't arrest him, too? But I'm SO glad the
opportunity presented itself for you to rescue Arthur's sister quietly and
without the neighbors noticing. If he's getting drunk every night, I doubt
he's even realized the kitten is gone, if he realized she was there in the
first place. If those people weren't even caring for their kids, it's
definitely the wrong place for the kitten.

Now I just don't know how to get her into a shelter/rescue
group/foster home. I am just tapped out in terms of resources and
finances right now. And trying to even find a friend to take her
temporarily (I figured I could put her info up on petfinders or
somethig maybe) has been an exercise in frustration.

Any purrs, prayers or ideas for Morganna (as I'm calling her -- hey,
she's Arthur's sister, right?) are welcomed.

Ginger-lyn
Yes, I stole a cat

Hooray for you! I have a thought..... what about the lady who came to your
door asking about ways to advertise for the return of her own lost cat,
Butterfin? Is there anyway you can ask her if she can stash Morganna at her
place for a few days? If the neighbors don't know her, they won't think to
ask if she has the kitten, and Morganna would certainly have a more pleasant
time with her than with the ugly neighbors. And perhaps Butterfin's mama
will fall in love... Or maybe she has a friend who can take Morganna. Just a
thought.

Purrs for you and little Morganna,

Melissa

Old September 3rd 04, 07:15 PM
Marina

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote
snipped for archiving reasons

Yay, Ginger-lyn, way to go! Lots and lots of purrs that you find a good
solution.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 3rd 04, 07:17 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

I'm so glad you got that kitten out of that nasty situation. Is there any
way that we here on RPCA can help???? I'd love to send some cash myself,
but DH is changing jobs in the middle of this month, and the new place pays
their salaried MONTHLY, so we won't have any income for the whole month of
October! It's gonna take a while to get used to that - bill-paying wise.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old September 3rd 04, 07:19 PM
KellyH

I'm sure you are very relieved little Morganna is safe! I'm glad she got
out of that house. Do you have any friends or relatives who can take her at
least temporarily?

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old September 3rd 04, 07:29 PM
Nan

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 17:57:12 GMT, (Ginger-lyn
Summer) wrote:

[...]

If I still lived in Ohio I would take her in a heartbeat to get her
(and you) out of this situation. I'd talk to my daughter in
Springfield about it, but her husband is on disability right now and
they already have 2 cats and 2 d*gs.

Hugs and mega purrs that you can find a solution for this without
having to let her go back to that abusive family.
--

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.