I got her!

Old September 3rd 04, 10:46 PM

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:

I hope I did the above right. This is the first time I've ever tried
it.

Yes!! I'm so glad you rescued that poor kitten. As Karen said, you
didn't "steal" her. She came to you! Animals aren't *things* to be
stolen - and clearly, this baby had a will of her own. She knew where
the food was to be had!

So far, the guy has said nothing. But I am very afraid of what may
happen if he realizes I have the kitten. He may not care. After all,
if there was no food in the house for the kids, you can bet there was
none for the kitten :-(

True, but I can understand your worry. Some people just get possessive
about their "things" and won't stand for anyone taking what's "theirs",
even when they don't want them. It's a pride thing.

I hope you can find a good place to hide her!

Now I just don't know how to get her into a shelter/rescue
group/foster home. [snip[ ...I figured I could put her info up
on petfinders

I don't know much about petfinders - but maybe you could advertise for
a foster home, ie, looking for someone to temporarily foster this kitten.

You might also try craigslist, if that's in your area.

Ginger-lyn
Yes, I stole a cat

Sometimes you have to break a lesser law to serve a greater one.

Joyce
Old September 3rd 04, 10:55 PM
Jo Firey

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
X:no-archive

I hope I did the above right. This is the first time I've ever tried
it.

Cat? What cat? Oh that one? You've had her for ages. No idea what they
are talking about.

(But likely a good idea to find her a home somewhere else where she is safe)

Jo

Old September 3rd 04, 11:30 PM
polonca12000

I'm too far away to be able to help, but am sending best wishes and Soncek
sends his purrs for a good solution to be found,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
X:no-archive

snip
Any purrs, prayers or ideas for Morganna (as I'm calling her -- hey,
she's Arthur's sister, right?) are welcomed.

Ginger-lyn
Yes, I stole a cat

Old September 3rd 04, 11:36 PM
~*Connie*~

When it got very hard for me financially, I stopped buying catfood. It
was
just too expensive. Instead, I bought the very cheapest beef mince, added

bit of pasta, and peas from my freezer and cooked them up a stew. It was
much more economical.
Kitty scarfed it down, but Boyfriend said it was poisonous. He'd have

eaten
it if he got hungry but fortunately things improved and he didn't have to
eat it more than a few times.

Tweed

Just so you know, cats need more nutriants than provided in the
beef/pasta/pea combination. by feeding this, the cat can go blind. A few
days wont do her harm, but long term it will.